Postpartum Care! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm part of the Jan 2014 dd club and am 2.5 weeks pp. I'm posting an amazing blog post as a reminder to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DURING THIS TIME! I wish I would have known this a few weeks ago.

After reading this I'm now enjoying days (Unshowered) lounging in PJs, watching reality tv and movies and nursing my baby. I just came out of a two week marathon of breast feeding madness and stress so I'm allowing myself to focus only on breast feeding and not worry about anything else. I know some of you have other kids but accept help from friends, don't clean, just chill and feed/water yourself. Do what you can for yourself!

http://theleakyboob.com/2010/12/a-time-to-heal-a-look-at-postpartum-recovery/
#2 of 3 Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Excellent piece! And so true! I rarely left the house for the first 6 weeks. Socializing felt like a strain. I was happy to watch tv and nurse all day. Recovery is tough. I was a mess, but I got better.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I didn't know. Seems prizes are given for how quickly you can get back on your feet. I'm a super active person so I fight to make myself stay down. I've heard from women that they were very active early on but then weeks later it caught up to them. My doula told me to take the energy bursts and add them to the reserve until I'm at 100% again, instead of using up those bursts of energy.

I've noticed brain cells lighting up again too but only when I stay down. Having brain cells again is a wonderful thing, if only for small moments now. :-D

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page