no head molding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had DS2 a couple of weeks ago at home and I thought it odd that he had no head molding at birth, especially since he was posterior. I thought pretty much all babies born vaginally have at least some molding to their heads in order to come down the birth canal? Just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

#2 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

They all have some molding at birth, but some bounce back really fast, and it's not as noticeable on some babies as it is on others.

#3 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Neither of mine did, and they were both posterior. With dd1 several people asked if she was born by C-section.
Congrats on your new baby!
#4 of 9 Old 03-06-2014, 07:28 PM

My DS was born without any noticeable molding. I don't know if he was posterior, but I don't think so. He was born pretty quickly, and still in the caul, and I figured that was why he wasn't squashed. smile.gif

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#5 of 9 Old 03-07-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTurtle View Post

My DS was born without any noticeable molding. I don't know if he was posterior, but I don't think so. He was born pretty quickly, and still in the caul, and I figured that was why he wasn't squashed. smile.gif

That's so awesome he was born in the caul! I was actually kinda hoping DS2 was going to be born that way. I think it's rare though. I've heard it's less painful that way too. I'm thinking his head didn't get squished because my water broke as I was pushing. 

#6 of 9 Old 03-07-2014, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

My youngest didn't have noticeable molding. He was my biggest with the biggest head AND a nuchal arm! I do wonder if the nuchal arm prevented more molding? It was first pointed out when I posted freshly born baby pics on facebook and my mw with his big brother (I moved, so I couldn't use the same ones!) commented on his head shape  that he "didn't help me out much" lol. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#7 of 9 Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Only my first had head molding. (I was only 17 when I had him, and I wasn't prepared to see a cone headed newborn! It really freaked me out!)
My other 3 had perfectly round heads. I guess for some, the first baby really paves the way for the rest

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#8 of 9 Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

My youngest didn't have noticeable molding. He was my biggest with the biggest head AND a nuchal arm! I do wonder if the nuchal arm prevented more molding? It was first pointed out when I posted freshly born baby pics on facebook and my mw with his big brother (I moved, so I couldn't use the same ones!) commented on his head shape  that he "didn't help me out much" lol. 

A nuchal arm? Ouch!! That's probably what prevented the molding. 

#9 of 9 Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

My babies all had quick pushing times (especially the last two) and minimal, if any, molding.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page