What hurt more than labor for you? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

21Likes

#91 of 94 Old 01-05-2016, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Interesting thread!!

For me, I have two things that definitely hurt worse than labor.

1- my ectopic pregnancy, the referred pain from the internal bleeding before it ruptured. It was vomit-inducing pain. But then when it ruptured...it was so painfully I almost lost consciousness.
2- having to flush my infect dry socket after having my wisdom teeth removed.

No kidding. But I LOVE labor, and I really enjoy the process, so that probably makes a difference.
applejuice likes this.

Me (30) - DH (32) 12 years!
DD (9.5) ~ DD (7.5) ~ DS (5.5) ~ DS (2.5)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to 11 babies in Heaven
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 1babysmom; 01-05-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 94 Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I've had periods worse than labor, in fact two months ago I fainted 3 times in one day because it was so painful. (I have large fibroids, one is very close to my cervix and I suspect that's the source of the pain)
My miscarriages were worse, not only does it feel like labor, but you get the horrible emotional pain on top of it.
The absolute worst was that after dd was born a piece of placenta stuck to a fibroid and caused a hemorrhage, my doctor had to reach inside and pry it away from the uterine wall. It was so painful I blacked out and don't really remember it, but dh said I was screaming like he had never heard anyone scream.
Natural birth was a walk in the park compared.
applejuice likes this.
#93 of 94 Old 01-07-2016, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My bowel abscessed and then ruptured. The pain was intense and sharp and continuous. All I could do was scream my head off, and nothing they gave me even took the edge off. I wanted to die.

At least with labor it comes in waves. I had transition for 7 hours and labor for 21 hours. At first I was on top of each contraction but during the last hour I got sucked underneath, and instead of going with my body, I started fearing and dreading the next one. Instead of pain, it became suffering. It felt like torture. "No no no, not again" I would utter. Where up the that point I was wiggling fingers and toes chanting the word "Open" over and over. I caved and got a shot of fentanyl. It helped me get back on top again and I finally went the last cm. Birth is hard, and I joked about my husband shooting me, but i never wanted to die.
applejuice likes this.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#94 of 94 Old 01-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
My bowel abscessed and then ruptured. The pain was intense and sharp and continuous. All I could do was scream my head off, and nothing they gave me even took the edge off. I wanted to die.

At least with labor it comes in waves. I had transition for 7 hours and labor for 21 hours. At first I was on top of each contraction but during the last hour I got sucked underneath, and instead of going with my body, I started fearing and dreading the next one. Instead of pain, it became suffering. It felt like torture. "No no no, not again" I would utter. Where up the that point I was wiggling fingers and toes chanting the word "Open" over and over. I caved and got a shot of fentanyl. It helped me get back on top again and I finally went the last cm. Birth is hard, and I joked about my husband shooting me, but i never wanted to die.
applejuice likes this.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page