Anyone with ICP experience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone with ICP experience?

I'm waiting on my blood work to come back. So I don't know for sure yet if this is my problem or not, but HOW THE CRAP do you function knowing things could go wrong at any second. I read a science journal saying the highest risk is past 37 weeks, but I'm finding all these stories of women losing their babies less along than I am (34+1).

I'm struggling to wait a couple of days for these test results and if they're positive?? How the crap am I supposed to play a waiting game for the next 3 weeks?? I don't think I can do this. I'm seriously ready to sign up for an elective cesarean today! Which is completely not me being a three time VBACer who was really looking forward to trying for a completely natural birth this time with my awesome TENS machine and having had a true emergency c/s at 36 weeks which left me with serious issues. I am a huge advocate for waiting till baby says it's time to come and until my OB said the word stillborn I was telling her there was no way I was going to induce.

But seriously, knowing that even if I go in for NST and ultrasounds and blood test for three weeks, that they don't mean crap because things can change on a dime. How did you make it through this without going crazy??

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

User Tag List