Losing your mucous plug ... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
... is it better or worse than losing your keys?

But seriously. Does it mean anything at all?

With my other kids, I don't remember losing it. Must've happened when I wasn't looking ... ... but there it was this morning, right on the toilet paper ... (hope that wasn't TMI for our sensitive pregnant eyes ) ... absolutely unmistakeable.

So am I, what, going into labor sooner rather than later? Am I just sort of uncorked without it meaning anything beyond that? And can the baby hear a little better now that that gross mucous stuff is out of the way (I know, that last was silly s) ...
#2 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 10:26 AM

It means your cervix is starting to open. It could be today or three weeks from now- you just never know! I went into labor within two days of losing it with my first, hours with my second, and then with my third lost it and was three centimeters for two weeks before anything happnend! Good luck though- it's exciting to see some signs isn't it?

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#3 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 11:37 AM

Oh amy I am so jealous right now!!!!!!!!!!!

the crazy things preggo women get jelous over........*he he he*

From what I understand, you can actually loose it and still not really do much, at least not much that you can tell, for a while.

For me, I lost my plug...the whole thing, right at once, and was in hard labor three hours later.

Send me some of those loose plug vibes over here, ok???
#4 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 02:11 PM

I lost mine at 32 weeks, I was also 3cm dilated the, dd was born atl 38 wks, you never know.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 02:35 PM

Only one time did I actually know I lost my plug, just the same as you actually, right in the toilet paper. It was a Friday morning, I labored all weekend on and off and had baby on Monday at noon-ish. That was just me though. I'm so excited for you Merpk.
#6 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

anothermama

You know, all day yesterday, too, was having contractions. Didn't bother to time 'em or anything, just figured when they really hurt a real lot I'd think about it. And then in the middle of the night they just stopped.

Today, not a thing. Baby's just kind of quiet, too. Have an OB appointment today, so ... maybe we'll see if we're dilating or some such. Haven't had any internal exams the entire pregnancy, so don't think that's what will happen, but maybe ...

Would be nice if I was dilating. All my others, was virtually glued shut until labor was well under way ...

#7 of 7 Old 05-13-2004, 04:45 PM

From what I've been told - the mucous plug can pretty much regenerate (as it *IS* mucous !).

I lost a large chunk of mine, if not the whole thing, 1 day shy of 4 weeks before my son was born. Just showed me that my body was revving up for the end. I was worried, it was my first baby, and I didn't know what it meant, but my midwife and doula were both very quick to ease my fears.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page