Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The City of Holy Faith
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's almost official--my previously diagnosed placenta previa is still there and we're heading into week 36. I had a long talk with the perinatologist today about the plans for delivery and have yet to confirm with my OB here, yet (I see him at 10:30 tomorrow morning) but she felt it not only reasonable but advisable to perform an amnio on Monday morning to check for lung maturity and, if he's mature, to do the c-section that afternoon.
How weird it is to be planning this!
If he's not ready we'd wait a week. But the closer we get to term, the more likely I am to begin dilating and run the risk of this turning into an emergency birth, which I do NOT want. I am having tons of contx, and lots of cervical cramping too.
So, thought I'd just share the news here! On Monday, my very last baby ever (I really do mean it this time) will be probably be born. 10 years and 4 days after my very first baby, though very differently.
Wish me luck as we head into the great unknown!