unoficial poll .. When did you deliver - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2004, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We all know that due dates are circumspect at best. With inductions it is hard to figure out how long woman usually go. I learned in bradley that it is usually 41 weeks 1 day on average. So I thought I would ask you moms to post.

So for your first baby if you did not induce could you please answer the following.

1)how many days were you when you went into labor
2) How acurate were your dates ?? meaning do you think your due date was even calculated correctly based on your real cycle or conception or ultrasound??
2) did your water break before labor? ( they say this is uncommon)
3) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???
4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 06:20 PM

Not sure exactly
2) How acurate were your dates ?? meaning do you think your due date was even calculated correctly based on your real cycle or conception or ultrasound??
No......I was given 3 different dates and DS was still4-6 premature
Yes it did, and contractions started immediatley there after
3) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???
woke up in morning not hungry but ate something anyways, diarhea all day, major energy, baby dropped and began kicking alot
4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)
you said it!!
Old 06-27-2004, 06:37 PM

Answering only for my first...

Days? I dunno. 4 days before due date.

Very accurate. I knew the date of conception and it was confirmed by ultrasound.

No, it broke during pushing

Some fairly regular contractions the day bofore. That's about it.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:49 PM

I believe it was 267 days after I conceived. I remember reading somewhere about the number of days (vs weeks) of a typical gestation, and counting from my conception date.

My due date was accurate because I counted it myself as I knew the day I had conceived.

No, it broke just as I was getting ready to start pushing.

I delievered on a Tuesday. On the previous Friday I started noticing the mucous plug. I noticed this on Saturday too. Monday am I started having some discharge and very light contractions.

You probably know your due date better than the doctors do. If you have regular cycles, and know about when you conceived, then definitely trust your date as the more accurate one. Think of a due date more as a 'due month', since two weeks in either direction is considered safe. When people ask you when you are due, say July, not July 12.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:01 PM

275 days from LMP

Date was calculated by me based on my real cycle (AF every 4th Friday between 1 and 3 PM, O'ing on CD13 - yes, I could set a clock by it lol!)

DS was born with bags intact They actually "broke" it just before he was completely out

Honestly? I felt like I had the flu .. and AF'y type cramps - just headachey and really couldn't sleep (it was around 2am when it started.. DS was born at 6:23 AM!)

Honestly? Ignore them - they don't mean anything. If you think you're in labour, you probably are .. with DD (8/24/03) they insisted I wasn't in labor when I went in to be checked, yet half an hour later I was at 8CM and no contractions that I could feel - I just knew something was up .

Trust your instincts, that's probably the best.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:06 PM

she was born at 41 w, 8 d according to LMP.

i wasn't certain of my conception date the first time (i was really new to charting), so we went with LMP, but i think that by conception date i was more like 41 w, 2-3 days.

no, it broke during active labor, just before transition.

i never felt any contractions (had braxton hicks, but the only way i knew was by putting my hand on my belly and feeling it get hard) until about 8 hours before she was born, at which time i also started losing my mucous plug. in retrospect, it is interesting that the day i went into labor was the first and only day of my whole pregnancy that i had any visible swelling -- my socks left a mark on my ankles when i took them off that afternoon.

you can't will a baby to come out. believe me, i tried.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:18 PM

1) How many days were you when you went into labor?
39w3d; she was born when I was 39w4d.

I made them calculate my due date based on what I thought was date of conception, though they really wanted to calculate it based on LMP. As it turned out, she was born on the day that would have been my EDD, had they gone with LMP. *shrug*

3) did your water break before labor? (they say this is uncommon)
Nope. They 'had' to break it whilst I was pushing; if they hadn't, I really believe she would have been born in the caul.

4) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???
Well, I asked my relatives and friends to guess what day & time she'd be born, and my mom was only 15 minutes off, does that count? :LOL My membranes were stripped at approx. 4 pm the day I went into labor, and I had some cramping off and on until 9 pm, at which point I had my first contraction and was very certain it was a contraction! Other than that, no, no losing the mucus plug or similar.

5) Any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor (besides that they are pretty inconclusive)
Well, they are inconclusive, but some providers use them like the gospel and for that reason, I'd insist on what you think is the most accurate date. As far as labor is concerned, I told myself I could give birth anytime in a four week range. Hit about the middle of it, but it made things a lot less stressful than they could have been.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
Old 06-27-2004, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
With #1, age 2.5:

I went into labor at 38 weeks. I was unsure of my dates, so this is according to ultrasound. My water did not break; they did AROM at 6 cm. I experienced no symptoms other than the head engaged the day before labor started.

With #2, age 3.5 weeks:

I went into labor at 40 weeks, 4 days. I knew the date of conception. My water did break before labor, and then labor immediately started. I had no symptoms at all.

My advice about due dates is to ignore them, as long as they are within maybe a month of when you thought you were due.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:36 PM

1) My first baby was born at 40 w 6 days, I think, based on LMP. I conceived him when I was 16 and couldn't remember the exact date of my LMP but was pretty sure (I'm sure I was within a few days.) I had just read Our Bodies, Ourselves and learned about menstrual cycles, so I tried to have my doc add 6 days to my EDD since I have 34 day cycles. He didn't want to, especially since I wasn't exactly certain of my LMP. He did, however, never make any mention of inducing or anything, and I went into labor on the day I would have given myself for and EDD, six days late by his count.

2) As above, my dates were pretty close, but not to the day accurate as I was with my other babies (charting and knew the date of conception.)

3) My water broke at 7:52 am the day I went into labor. I was just waking up and happened to be looking at the clock. First contraction was at 7:57 am, so right after my water broke. Baby came at 2:02 pm.

4) I never lost my mucus plug. I did have irregular contractions, sometimes settling into a pattern for an hour or so in the 2 weeks prior to delivery. The night before I was very restless, couldn't sleep, and played solitaire for a couple hours before finally going to sleep. Then I slept like a log until I woke up to my water breaking.

5) Due dates don't really matter. For the most part, babies come when they are ready. 70% of first time moms will go past 40 weeks. Being a few days off average doesn't make you abnormal! The uterus and placenta do not expire at 40 wks!
Old 06-27-2004, 08:47 PM

DS was a c-section for failure to progress after an induction, so all of my replies are for DD, my all-natural VBAC

I was 40 weeks 1 day

Very accurate. My due date was based on my ovulation date as determined by temperature charting.

No, my water broke on its own about 25 minutes into pushing

Lost my mucous plug 3 weeks before labor began. Lots of pressure and back pain. Lots of BH contractions. The evening before labor began I was really, really emotional. Got irrationally angry at DS and cried in my room ! I should have known something was up.

4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive) Although I delivered only 2 days after my due date, my pregnancy with DS went 10 days past my due date before they induced. I knew exactly when I ovulated with both pregnancies. Babies gestate as long as they need to before labor starts. Some just need longer than others, IMO. Be patient!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Old 06-27-2004, 09:05 PM

with my first... i was on my due date - 40wks on the nose
with my second i was induced at 38wks
with my last i went into labor at 37wks 5 days
i think the due dates were right on the money
dd#1 i leaked on due date
dd #2 induced, so don't know
dd#2 yes, my water broke and thats how i knew i was in labor

i lost my plug with #3 a week before i went into labor. other then that just bh's with all pregnancies

nope...due dates are inconclusive. LOL
Old 06-27-2004, 09:43 PM

My 2nd DD was born one hour shy of her EDD, going by my LMP.
Since I know when I ovulated, and have long cycles, that was really 37 weeks after conception.

My water leaked just a little during in early labor, and finally broke as baby's head was born, pushing the rest of her body out in a big gush. With my firstborn, my water broke at 37 weeks (probably 36, but I wasn't charting at the time) and labor never started.

I knew the day before that it was almost time. I lost my mucous plug, and the rushes started coming a bit more regularly, though they never were really "regular" even through the pushing stage.

Hang in there! Baby will be born when the time is right.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:46 PM

I had a scheduled cesarean at 39 weeks for breech presentation with my 1st child, so my answers are for my VBAC since I went into labor spontaneously.

1)how many days were you when you went into labor?
I am not sure how many days exactly, but it was 11 days before my EDD

My EDD was very accurate, my husband was out of town much of the month that I concieved, so I know exactly what days he was home and what days we ttc since it is on our calendar.

3) did your water break before labor? ( they say this is uncommon)
My water didnt break until I was pushing.

4) What symptoms did you experience before going into labor???? Did you have any idea it was coming the days or weeks before???
I dont know if it was because I had never labored before or what, but I dont think I experienced ANYTHING - like crampiness, nesting, diarhea... I did lose my mucous plug in the morning after a night with several hours of contractions. My DD was born the morning after I lost my mucous plug.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:31 PM

1)how many days were you when you went into labor? With Amber it was 4 days before my dd and Noah was 1 day after

I think my dd's were pretty accurate

3) did your water break before labor? ( they say this is uncommon) With Amber it broke just before transition and Noah just after I started feeling my rushes

With Amber I had NO idea and with Noah is was 4cm for about a week and then I took castor oil to kickstart labour

5) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)Due dates are not always 100% but they give you an idea. If there is no sign of trouble I say be patient - the baby will come!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

9 days past my due date.

We did IVF, so we knew the conception date for sure - so, yes, the due date was calculated correctly.

No, it broke during labor.

I had been having more and stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions for maybe a week before, but there were no new symptoms right before labor started. (Except that I caused some especially strong B-H contractions by going for a longer-than-usual walk the evening before labor started. Also had sex that evening, and I think the exercise and/or sex may have had the desired effect of bringing on labor.)

5) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)

When I told my OB that my mom was 2 weeks late with all four of her kids, and my sister's boys were 2 weeks late and 10 days late, and asked him if being early or late tended to run in families, he said yes it did, and it was likely my baby would be late, too. And she was. So you might want to find out whether other women in your family delivered early or late.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Baby #1
1.39 weeks four days six pounds two ounces
2.accurate
3.no
4.diarrhea,vomiting, cx
5.babies come when they are ready!
Baby#2
1.38 week one day - six pounds even
2.accurate
3.no
4.vomiting,diarrhea,cx
5.babies come when ready
Baby #3
1.forty weeks one day - six pounds fourteen ounces
2.accurate
3.no
4.vomiting, diarrhea, cx
5.babies come when they are ready
Baby #4
1.thirty nine weeks four days - seven pounds four ounces
2.fairly accurate
3.no
4.vomiting, diarrhea, cx
5.babies come when they are ready!

All home births...I am blessed!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
Old 06-27-2004, 11:23 PM

With #1 I was 40 weeks exactly when I went into labor...she was born the next day. With #2 I was 39 weeks 6 days. With #3 I was 40 weeks and 2 days. With #4 I delivered right at 40 weeks. None of my labors were induced in any manner.

All of my dates were based on LMP. I tend to be fairly regular.

Not with any of mine

I had a lot of the usual with all of mine. Aches and pains. Irregular contractions.

Even though I had all of mine pretty much right on time, I tend to think that every woman's "oven" bakes at a little different speed. Some of us take longer and some of us are a little quicker. Its not a race at all. I think that lots of pampering and relaxing are in order for those last days of pregnancy. I always tried to get some extra rest and treat myself to bubble baths and lots of quiet time. Its really a time to prepare to meet your baby. Be greatful for the extra time to charge your batteries before you spend the next 20 years taking care of your baby.

Christina
Old 06-27-2004, 11:23 PM

I started labouring on Mon, May 7th and delivered on Thur, May 10th. She was due on the 9th, so I was one day past due.

My cycle was completely whacked and we did not keep track of the dates that we had sex, so I had no idea when I conceived. Based on my last period date I was 6 weeks pg when I found out. Ultrasound later proved that to be wrong and I was barely pg when I found out. (Therefore my cycle dates being out by approx 6 weeks...) However when I gave birth, all of the nurses and doctor felt that she appeared to be 2 weeks past due - because of her size and the wrinkling.

No.

I lost my mucous plug on the Saturday before giving birth, so that would be about 2.5 days before labour started and almost 5 days before delivering.
That was the only hint I had of it coming.

This is not labour related, but the biggest surprise for me was that I started lactacting (leaking) at 6 months! That shocked and freaked me out.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:25 PM

I was 42 weeks and 3 days

My dates were pretty accurate based on the fact that I knew the week I concieved.

Nope

I had none......I was about 2cm dialated and 75% effaced and my midwife stripped my membranes because she said she'd have to medically induce me if I went one more day over.

I just think all first time moms should hold on dearly to the theory that first babies will be, by current definition, late and embrace that.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:34 PM

first one was the day before EDD, second was 10 days after EDD

I think they were off by a few days, and ds was a few days early, and dd was still late. I ovulated on day 17 of both of those cycles, but dates were calculated on a typical cycle.

No, AROM at about 4 cms with my son, and with ds I broke the bag with a good push when I was told I was fully dilated.

With ds, other than being tired and cranky, no! Except I did have an NST that day and they told me I was having ctnx.

With dd, I'd had prodromal labor from 37 weeks, so I didn't truly believe "this is it" until I'd been laboring for hours.

5) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)

Babies come when they're ready, for the most part. And they always come out eventually!
Old 06-27-2004, 11:49 PM

I was 36 weeks, 3 days.

Personally, I think they totally got it wrong. They based it on an 'dating' ultrasound because i didn't have regular periods.

My water broke at 3:15am. I had been having 'cramps' but had gone to the hospital that very evening and they told me that I wasn't in labor!! 18 hrs later I had only dilated to 3cm and had developed a fever so they did an emergency c-section. boohoo.

I totally knew it was going to happen soon although my doc didn't think so. I had been feeling like a bowling ball was between my legs and I kept getting sporadic cramps for at least a week before! This is TMI but for 24 hrs before I went into labor, I kept having soft BM's.

My labor pains started very slowly and very minor. I remember thinking "Wow, these are contractions?...This is NOTHING". hahah. It got bad when they gave me pitocin though. I believe pitocin is what caused most of my problems. It brought the contractions on way too fast and too often. Not natural at all!
Lots of labor pains start out feeling like mentrual cramps...Then get more intense.

Hope that helps!
Liz
Old 06-27-2004, 11:55 PM

**Hmm, not sure. I would have to do the math on that one.

**Birth #1-First I was July 22, then after an ultrasound I was supposed to be Due July 16-Had him on the 6'th. My opinion is that I was actually furthure along than the OB thought.
**Birth #2-Yes I believe they were accurate. My dates (counting 40 weeks foward from my LMP) and my midwife's calculation, and ultrasound dates were all within 2 days of each other.

**Birth #1-Broke natrually 30 minutes before my first contraction.
**Birth #2-My waters were broken 30 minutes before I gave birth by my midwife. (I also hear that it's more common for waters to be break after labout has started)

**Not a clue for either of them.

**Sorry, no advice for you there, but I do think that you should trust your body to do what it was build for
Old 06-28-2004, 01:20 AM

Ok, my answers are totally "off the cuff" since there are so many to go through.

Hope I answer adequately for you.

#1. Undiagnosed polyhydramnios, water broke at 36 weeks. Pitocin induction, c-section for "ftp." Felt Z"funny" a few hours before water broke, and had mucous plug, although it was clear and runny, and I didn't realize what it was.

#2. Serious ctx at 38 weeks following intercourse. continued throughout the day. X-dh went out after work, I drove around looking for him, decided to go to hospital, automatic repeat c-section.

#3. U. of Michigan cnm's get "permission" to attend vbacs after multiple sections. A day of ctx, lose mucous plug in the evening. More ctx, feel like transistion. Go to U of M. Only 2cm. "Why do you think you're in so much pain?" asks midwife. OP baby born 36 hours later vaginally, 72 hours after labor began.

#4. This is a good one. No midwives in state area, ob attending, I had fudged my "due date" by a week or so. Good thing. 2.5 weeks late, after an ob visit, cervix "no change," I'd been in pain for a day, didn't tell the ob. I was thinking, "maybe everyone's right, I'm just not built to have babies." Even after vbac. Went to bed, woke up in active labor, baby born *easily 8 hours later!

#5. Initlially refused the new fad, a gbs test. Harrassed into accepting via "dead baby" card by "medwife." BARF! Never again! Water leak at 42.5 weeks, again I fudged "due date" by a week. Agreed to pitocin induction due to PROM with gbs, against my better jugdement. Stuck at 9cm for seven hours with decels, insisted on hands and knees while refusing c-section, baby born vaginally twelve hours after induction started.

Hmmm... other questions you asked... no ultrasound "dates" hehe, and I highly recommend giving your baby an extra week when dealing with cnms or obs.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:56 AM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
With my DS, I was 40 wks, 5 days
With DD, I was 39 wks, 4 days

With DS I have no idea how accurate it was. He was kind of a surprise, so his due date was based on my last period. With Chandra her due date was right on. I had been charting and knew exactly when I ovulated and therefore when her due date was.

My water was the first thing to go with both births. It wasn't until after it broke that I had contractions.

With DS, I had no symptoms at all, not even braxton hicks. I thought I would probably be pg for another week or so.
With DD, I felt pretty much the same way as I did with DS, but about 36 hours before my water broke I had a bloody show.
With both I did frantically clean the house the night before I went into labor.

There really is no sure way to tell if your going to be going into labor anytime soon. For my last birth, my midwife checked me at an appointment and said there was no way I'd be having my baby that week, maybe the next. Well, about 48 hours later I called her to say my water had broken and to get to my house quickly. So you can never tell, every baby has there own idea when the right time to make its entrance is. I've heard that the average for most first babies is about 7-10 days after your due date.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Old 06-28-2004, 05:57 AM

36 weeks and 6 days (1 day before 37 weeks ) when waters began to trickle...She wasn't born til the next day--37 weeks. She weighed 7lbs!

VERY accurate. I was basal charting and we only babydanced twice the month we conceived---2 days before I ovulated and the day before I ovulated. I had no ultrasounds.

yep! started to trickle when i awoke and trickled for about 6 hours before I had the gush of fluids...she was born about 24 hours after that big gush

NOPE! NONE! I woke up around 11:00am, went to the toilet to pee and the peeing didn't stop. I said to myself, OH GREAT! Now I am incontinent!! About 6 hours later I had my first contraction.

4) Any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)

If you know the day you conceived then your dates are accurate and you should plan at least going 40-41 weeks. Sorry that I dont' have any other advice! Every mama is different! The best advice is relax, enjoy, and rest, rest rest!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Haven't counted the days, but I was 39 weeks, 1 day.

My MW calculated my due date based on an early u/s. When I calculated it based on my LMP, there was a nine day discrepancy. If we went by my dates, I was three days overdue.

Yes.

I had a week of prodromal labor; lots and lots of contractions that changed my cervix a little bit here and there, but never kicked into full gear.

Don't focus on a day. Just assume your baby will come two weeks after the day they gave you and be pleasantly surprised if they come early!
Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 AM

I'm not sure of the days, but with my DS I was one day past my EDD and with my DD I was about 2 weeks before my EDD.

With DS, I think my dates were pretty accurate. My daughter was another story. I was exclusively BFing my son when she was conceived. I think she was conceived, THEN I had a period, then skipped a period, then had another one (during my pregnancy). According to my LMP she was due in March, but the ultrasound showed that she was big for her age. She ended up being born in January.

I've heard it happens 10-15% of the time. In my first labor my water didn't break until I was pushing. My second labor started with my water breaking, and DD was born three hours later.

First pregnancy: I lost most of my mucous plug exactly a week before my son was born. Besides that I had no early labor signs. In fact, I started my labor with contractions that were exactly three minutes apart. Second pregnancy: the day before I went into labor I felt a few very mildly uncomfortable contractions, and lost my mucous plug througout the day.

4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor ( besides that they are pretty inconclusive)Here's my hodgepodge answer:
Like many other people have said, babies will come when they're ready. I don't think there has ever been a case of a baby who forgot to be born. So far I have been 100% successful with my accidental at home induction: sex. If you are not ready to deliver I don't know that any induction method will help push you along. Contractions feel like strong menstrual cramps. When you first start feeling them try not to get too worked up - rest while you still can and eat if you need to. Drink a ton of water.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
Old 06-28-2004, 11:18 AM

38 weeks, 1 day.

Original due date was calculated using menstrual cycle, and was off by a few days.

I got our midwives to change it to an EDD based on conception - easier since a very early ultrasound agreed with this date.

Overall, I think our given EDD was accurate to within a couple of days - maybe 2 either way.

Sort of.

I'd had steady, painless, regular "braxton hicks" ctx for 2 days before my water broke, but I was completely denying that I was in early labour (my doula suggest I may be).

My water broke before I had any ctx that were uncomfortable at all though - and I count the water breaking as the begining of labour for me. My uncomfortable ctx started about 45 mins after my water broke.

My braxton hicks ctx had become very regular - every 10 minutes or so - about 2 days prior to labour begining. But I'd been having BH ctx since about 20 weeks, so that didn't tell me anything at the time, only in reflection.

Other than that though - I didn't notice anything happening. Mind you - I also thought I had at least 2 more weeks left to enjoy being pregnant.

ETA : I'd lost my mucous glob 4 weeks before my water broke.

Your body knows how to do this - and nobody sent your baby a memo about when it is supposed to come out. Relax, enjoy these weeks of harbouring your child completely within yourself, and try not to focus on the "due date".

A "due date" is not an "expiration date" - your baby will come to meet you when they are ready - be that a little before, a little after, or maybe even on that mysterious date.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
Old 06-28-2004, 01:11 PM

The day before my due date. Baby was born about 1 am on due date.

Calculated by midwives from the date of conception using a formula which factored in the length of my menstrual cycle (then 28 days). No microwaves, thank-you! Second child was born about 8 pm on day before due date using same method.

Began leaking slow trickle about 12 hours before contractions began. Began same slow intermittent tricle with second baby at the exact same time of day, but second was born about 5 hours earlier.

See above.

4) any other thoughts you think would help first time moms know about regarding due dates and labor
Babies are born when they are ready! Tell everyone three weeks later than your EDD and relax!
Old 06-28-2004, 01:33 PM

I was 10 days earlier than by EDD.

My due date was accurately calculated. I knew the exact day of conception.

Nope. It didn't break until I was 10 cm and pushing for an hour.

I had an episode of "false" labor about a week beforehand. I'm not sure how relevant that was though. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. sick of being woken up in the middle of the night with Braxon-Hicks contractions. As soon as I said that, real contractions started and labor began.

I'm not sure if family history has anything to due with due dates, but in my family, all the women go ten days before their due dates. My grandmother with all five of her children, my mom with both of hers, and me with my son, so we'll see if this hold true for this baby.

Mama to ds 11, ds 7, dd 5, dd 2, and dd born on 6/17/12!

User Tag List