Ok, fess up, are you offended by sterile draping? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to agree with obnurse about the protective garb on the hospital staff. It's for their own health, whether the patient has a known transferable illness or not. The eyes and mouth are mucous membranes, and need to be protected. They're doing to for not only their own health, but the health of their families and future patients.

Now for the draping, that's just silly. Doesn't offend me, but does highly annoy me.

As for the terminology debate, I don't particularly care for the term delivering being used by anyone but the mother. Assisting during the delivery sounds best to me, even though caregivers delivering is indeed correct. However, "catching" just sounds so wrong. What, am I going to squirt the baby out so fast you'll have to go long to catch it? I don't think so. How about receiving the baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
What, am I going to squirt the baby out so fast you'll have to go long to catch it?
That's exactly how DS came rocketting out of me!! You can ask DP about that! :LOL : :
Old 07-12-2004, 05:55 PM

I just can't stand that "nuclear waste management look" either!! I was not wearing anything for the birth of my first 2 kids (I just ripped everything off when the pain started to get bad - :LOL ) but with the 3rd they came with a little gown and etc... Ugh! The midwives did not wash my first 2 babies either (they came straight to me), but in the hospital they had to wash him, and wrap him like a little sausage first - ARGH!!!
It could be worse though: my sister's husband is going to have to wear the wholeset (robe, gloves, mask, etc) at the birth of their second child in September. Imagine him touching his own child with his bear hand - no, it can't happen!!! :LOL

User Tag List