Cesarean Support Circle-June/July - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting a new thread. This is a support thread for anyone who is planning or recovering from a cesarean birth. Shall we start with a roll call?

equinox-2 c/bs 3/2000 and 9/2003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 12:26 PM

KKmama here.
#3 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 12:41 PM

Count me in. And I just posted Graysen's birth story--took a couple of weeks to write it!
#4 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 12:48 PM

I'm here
#5 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 03:34 PM

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#6 of 139 Old 06-30-2004, 06:21 PM

I'm here. And happy to report that 9 weeks PP, that damn pulling pain is finally gone for good!
#7 of 139 Old 07-01-2004, 05:20 PM

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone had a vaginal birth with their first child and then a c-section birth with their second due to Pelvic Floor Problems (ie incontinence - urinary or fecal)?

Thanks,
Chester
#8 of 139 Old 07-01-2004, 05:30 PM

Jessica'a Here!
#9 of 139 Old 07-01-2004, 06:04 PM

i am here too. I am new, but have appreciated the depth of support from this group.
#10 of 139 Old 07-01-2004, 07:56 PM

Kim's here too but mainly lurking. You guys keep the thread active!
#11 of 139 Old 07-01-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi mamas!

I am now 17 weeks post c/s and physically feeling so great for the most part! Emotionally I am doing well, but I have my moments when I get caught up in thinking about my c/b and what I could have done differently, I'm sure many of you have BTDT, so you know the space I'm talking about of self doubt and questions..ugh..

So anyway I must ask... is it normal to get mild tingly pain around the c/s incision during ovulation/AF?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#12 of 139 Old 07-06-2004, 07:24 PM

:::cough:::

Where are all of you?
#13 of 139 Old 07-06-2004, 08:43 PM

I've been going through some thinking lately with my next birth coming up soon. I think I'm going to stick with trying for a VBAC, but part of me wants another c/b, probably because that is "known" to me. It's conflicting having both sides open to me as the power is in my hands to ask for another c/b but I know I should try for a VBAC. We'll see what happens
#14 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Well I guess I'll join in here. I'm about to have my 2nd c-section tomorrow. I have been trying and hopeing for a vbac since I found out that I was pg. Ds was a c/s due to distress and ftp. Well this baby just won't cooperate and is transverse. My due date was yesterday and my doctor is going on vacation Friday so tomorrow is the day. I have no signs of labor beginning anytime soon and I'm not going to try to deliver with a unknown doctor who will probably not allow a vbac anyway (even if this baby was to turn).

So I am mentally trying to come to terms with this. This will be our last baby and I was really hoping to have the birth I wanted. I'm sure I will be needing the support of you guys here.
#15 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calla lily
Well I guess I'll join in here. I'm about to have my 2nd c-section tomorrow. I have been trying and hopeing for a vbac since I found out that I was pg. Ds was a c/s due to distress and ftp. Well this baby just won't cooperate and is transverse. My due date was yesterday and my doctor is going on vacation Friday so tomorrow is the day. I have no signs of labor beginning anytime soon and I'm not going to try to deliver with a unknown doctor who will probably not allow a vbac anyway (even if this baby was to turn).

So I am mentally trying to come to terms with this. This will be our last baby and I was really hoping to have the birth I wanted. I'm sure I will be needing the support of you guys here.

That must be so frustrating. I've often wondered how I will feel if that should happen to me in the future.

I don't really have any advice, just empathy and support. And I guess, personally, I would be better off mentally knowing I was having a c/b and be able to make the appropriate accomodations for that, than to try for a VBAC and fail, or end up w/an emerg. c/b (for example, if you went into labor with the transverse presentation and had a cord prolapse or something).

Anyway ... look at the bright side ... you get to meet your little one tomorrow!

Please post when you have a chance and let us know how you and your little one are doing. We're here for you ...
#16 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Even though I just had this baby, I think about my "next birth" off and on. Thing is, I was never certain that I wanted more than one baby. DH does, and will certainly be encouraging it, though. Anyway, I find myself more interested in having another baby than I was, I think because I'm hoping to be able to have the kind of birth I wanted. But that's a darn stupid reason to have another child! And what if I wasn't able to deliver that baby vaginally either? I think I'd feel even worse about that.

Well, it'll be at least a couple of years before we start thinking seriously about it, so I guess I've got time to figure it all out.

Good luck today calla lilly - hope everything goes seamlessly - enjoy your new baby!
#17 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 12:08 PM

Hi all! I'm still here too .

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#18 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 05:37 PM

calla lily-i hope all goes well for you I am so sorry this isn't the birth you planned for yourself. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason though. good luck to you mama and happy birthday to your litle one!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#19 of 139 Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 PM

My 2nd son was my c/s baby. I still have adhesion pain and bladder spasms (from bladder trauma caused by the bladder blade during surgery). I just had a VBAC 7 weeks ago which was fantastic emotional healing for me and my family. Nate knows he was born by a "cut in mum's tummy", and for him to participate in my labour and be present for Jhonen's birth was really magical for him as well as me. So to all you mamas here I offer huge hugs!! In my book, all the moms who undergo surgery to have their babies are the true superwomen.
#20 of 139 Old 07-08-2004, 07:23 PM

no time... but i'm here and was wondering where you all were!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#21 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 06:34 PM

Hey, Carie, my VBAC baby was born on the 19th of May!
#22 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 07:37 PM

I had my post partum check- all is well. I'm feeling pretty normal physically- I still think it's strange to have to have a c-section after 2 vaginal births, but I'm ok with it. If I knew then what I know now, we probably could have avoided the c-sec, but with the info available at the time, that was how things played out (water broken for 36 hrs, ds ended up presenting forehead first).

I asked doc if there was a reason I wouldn't be able to VBAC if we should decide to have another baby- he said it shouldn't be a problem, but he wouldn't be allowed to deliver b/c he's not an OB/GYN, but a family practioner. I don't know if it's his insurance or state laws or whatever, but he could do another c-section or refer me to an OB who would be able to VBAC. We're not planning on any more, but who knows how things will turn out.

#23 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 08:04 PM

I'm here.

Preparing for my c/s any time now.

Just hanging in there with the pre-eclampsia.... at this point if anything changes pre-e wise, we'll go ahead and do the gutting.

Does that offend anyone that I refer to it as my gutting? I don't want to use that word if it does. It's honestly how I refer to my c/s in my daily life though.... I even use that word with my ob.

But if it bothers anyone I don't want to use it.

I'm nervous about recovery with my 18mo dd... with bedrest she is really missing me, and every day she gets more and more impatient for mama to come play with her.

Kimberly
#24 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 08:09 PM

I'm here. I had a C/S on June 14th. I'm finally starting to feel a lot better, but I'm still bleeding a little bit. Don't know if that's normal.
#25 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 08:28 PM

Kirsten: You can bleed up to 6 weeks and still be "normal".

I only bled 1 week at period-level and then a few days after that of spotting.

I had af back around 1 month pp. Blech!

Hope you feel 100% soon!!
#26 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlylibby
Does that offend anyone that I refer to it as my gutting? I don't want to use that word if it does. It's honestly how I refer to my c/s in my daily life though.... I even use that word with my ob.
It made me laugh so it doesn't bother me.

Good luck w/everything, and keep that baby cooking as long as possible!
#27 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 09:37 PM

I bled for a full 8 weeks. It was heavy for the first week or two and then light for the next 6 weeks. I honestly thought it would stop any time, but it didn't.

#28 of 139 Old 07-09-2004, 10:44 PM

Here's another long bleeder - every time I thought I was done and would go somewhere without a pantyliner, I'd live to regret it. I had less than a week of real bleeding, but I had a little bit of lochia for at least 6 weeks.
#29 of 139 Old 07-11-2004, 12:44 AM

Hello! I never thought I'd be here, but here I am. My little girl was born via emergency c-section just over two weeks ago (birth story.) I'm actually here because I have a question: what can I use to clean my incision? It's leaking some smelly puss and it's kind of tender and sore again. I know that this is, in large part, because I've been so stressed and doing a lot of running around (Rivkah is not well) but I think I've developed an infection. My husband keeps telling me to use alcohol on it, but that's his answer for everything and just thinking about it sounds painful! : But what else can I do?

I think that another part of it is that I've been feeling (physically) very well. Much better than I did a few weeks pp with my son (very traumatic vaginal delivery). I've had lots of energy, and no pain at all around my incision site after the first few days. Having such a high pain threshold made me more inclined to be active, and made it hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that I'd just had major surgery and that I needed more time to recover. I'm hoping that I haven't messed things up too badly for myself, but I really haven't had the opportunity to relax over the past two weeks. *sigh* I guess it's more important that I realized.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#30 of 139 Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 AM

AFAIK- just soap and water are best for cleaning, but I never had any puss.

I really suggest you slow down now, since you haven't yet, it was major surgery!

Your birth story was amazing and a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you, you are one strong mama.

It is great that you did what was safest for your baby, you said in your post that she is "not well", did something happen since her birth, since the birth story sounded like all was ok?

Here at MDC, no one expects to "end up here" in the c-support thread, which is why it's so important. I wish everyone would read here when pregnant, so that if something like your situation happens, they will know what to expect/demand , I know that I never expected a c-birth the first or second times around, it really caught me off-guard and the first time I really wished I had read up on the possibility.

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page