Mothering Forum banner

postpartum hormonal changes

647 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  applejuice 
#1 ·
I am 5 days pp, and I feel so off. Last night I went to bed with a headache, and this morning it was ten times worse (normally I suffer from migraines, but didn't have any while pregnant). My afterpains have finally diminished, but I have been somewhat constipated despite high-fibre and lots of water, and my body feels so tired. I am wondering about tea or homeopathy or something along those lines that might help me feel a little more balanced and support my body while it is making it's transition back to it's non-pregnant state. Sorry to complain, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 ·
Your thyroid function plummets on about the third day...I could just feel it with my third baby! I am sure this leads to PPD.

I would be sure to keep taking my vitamins and get out and walk with you DH and your new one and enjoy life...this kept my spirits up.

If it gets too bad, tell your HCP. They should be able to help you with something...keep breastfeeding also. Enjoy your little one also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.