Mothering Forum banner

contractions & dropping

530 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Hera 
#1 ·
I am 34 weeks with baby #3. I was at the hospital yesterday because of an issue with baby not moving. After running a non-stress test I was told that I was having contractions - I myself was not aware of them. The midwife also the baby has dropped into the pelvis. I am starting to feel my contractions although they are not like labor contractions. People keep saying that this means I'll go early. I don;t want to get my hopes up or go too early.

Any thoughts.
Kelly

#2 ·
You probably don't want to give it too much thought, but maybe take it easy for a couple of weeks. My baby dropped at 36.5 weeks, and everyone (midwives included) told me for sure she'd be early, because the cervix opens more easily with second babies. Baby came 2 days before her due date, after several weeks of prodromal labor. Cx that I definately noticed.

So, don't worry, don't listen too hard, but don't push it until you're at term, that's my advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.