Mothering Forum banner

What's happened to my uterus?!

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  thepeach80 
#1 ·
A few days ago, I thought I might have finished my pp bleeding so I tried to check my cervix. I felt a strange lump anteriorly through my vaginal wall and couldn't figure out what it was, until I got to my cervix which was actually flush with my anterior vaginal wall. I realized that the lump I was feeling was in fact my uterus! This explains not only the strange feeling of my nursing cramps, but the stress incontinence I'd been experiencing and why I always feel like I have to pee even when I've just gone. What the heck is up with this, and how can it be corrected? Is there any chance this might affect my future fertility?

#2 ·
It sounds like your muscles are very weak (happens a lot during pgcy and pushing especially if you had a weak muscle to begin w/). The problem is it can lead to uterine prolapse and no one wants that. My reccomendation is to kegel your little heart out! Kegels help to strengthen that muscle there and will keep your uterus and bladder up where they belong. Dr. Bradley reccomends starting out w/ 300 a day! Then decreading to 36 a day, but holding each of them for 10 secs. I have to admit I'm not doing very well at mine, but they need to be done b/c I know since AJ was born I've noticed some weakness as well (even though he never even made it out that way).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.