Cesarean Birth Support Circle July/August 04 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak....

Thanks I was mostly upset I had to be put to sleep and had a bad hospital experience. /they found my incision was weak and didn't think it would be able to handle real labour (I'd been having ineffective contractions but my body still wasn't doing anything) so I'm glad we went with the c/s I'm feeling better about it now especially since we're home but I was so bitter when in the hospital.

birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=183814

pictures: http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mve...=/b247&.src=ph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 81 Old 08-18-2004, 11:02 PM

Shaylee is an absolute doll. Sooo beautiful! Congratulations, mama - sorry things did not go so well.
#63 of 81 Old 08-19-2004, 11:07 AM

I'm sorry that you had such a rotten time . Your little girl is adorable! Congrats!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#64 of 81 Old 08-19-2004, 01:58 PM

Carla- I am at how the nurses treated you; isn't that what a hospital is FOR? to help people in need??? I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience, but glad Shaylee is nursing well and things seem to be on the upswing now. Enjoy your babymoon, and take it easy!
#65 of 81 Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience in the hospital.
#66 of 81 Old 08-19-2004, 03:50 PM

I have a guestion. Did anyone have pain around their belly button for weeks after their c/s? I'm 6 weeks pp and still have pain there. It was really bad for the first few weeks after the c/s and felt like I got run over by a truck there. It's not too bad anymore. I was supposed to go for my 6 week pp check yesterday but had to cancel. We still didn't have power or water from huricane Charley until today. So I go to the doctor in a couple weeks and will ask him about it then if it still bothers me. Just wondering if anyone else had pain there. I don't remember this from ds.
#67 of 81 Old 08-19-2004, 07:25 PM

I did last time, but it was because I developed a hernia. That's probably not too common though (or maybe it is, I don't know).

I wanted to ask if ibprofen (sp?) is ok to take? In desperation for relief last night I took some and felt great. There were no BF or PG warnings on the label so I wasn't sure.

I'm still kind of ticked at the nurses. Quite often what happened would they'd tell me they'd be back with some and never came, so I'd remind them, then the same thing again. one told me just not to move around so much (after telling me I needed to get up and move around : ). Good thing I could handle it for the most part, but the point is I should of had to. No one deserves to be in pain.

DH counted my staples earlier; I have 32 plus 3 huge retention stitches. Ouch! He took a picture and it's quite a sight down there. He couldn't get one that you could see it all as it's so big. No wonder it strains so much when I move around.
#68 of 81 Old 08-20-2004, 02:37 PM

Ibuprofen and Tylenol are both okay to take. Heck - they sent me home with a scrip for Vicoden!

When I was recovering, I alternated 600 mg of Ibuprofen and 1000 mg of Tylenol every two hours. It's important to stay on top of the pain - if you wait until it hurts you've waited too long. Passthrough to the baby in BM is really minimal - do what you need to do to stay comfortable so you can take care of and bond with your baby.

You hospital must have really sucked if they didn't send you home with meds and instructions....
#69 of 81 Old 08-21-2004, 12:07 PM

Hello ladies: I have not posted here before since i really tend to make every attempt to heal on my own~ i know, sometimes a great fault ~ and surely in many ways i have healed from my sections, the last being over 3 yrs ago.
so, the thing is- my best friend is having her first very soon and im helping as her coach-- which i am superbly grateful about. Ilove birth! so, in all the reading im doing of normal births--- mostly here , of women very well informed and prepared-- im just getting a bit sad and down that I just didnt or couldnt do it the way I expect it to be done. I know for most every part of my births WHY they turned into c-sections, yet sometimes I still am very sad that i didnt
DO It! for what ever reasons, whether it was the fault of my body, my head or my situation--- I still feel dissappointed-- especially right now. I am encouraging my friend to be as natural as possible and she has learned a lot. I support her ability to be able to do this and that the most important thing is to believe. What you are seeing here is apparently my lack of belief in myself- which is what i usually think is at the heart of my c-sections. when I read all the wonderful stories i usually feel happy and assured once again that birth is awesome and can be done with very little help other than some support. Yet, now i am sad. I am not having more kids. sometimes i wish for reasons you all understand, that i was having more. But, honestly i dont think i want to go thru all that again. I dont ever think i will believe in myself enough to deliver naturally and Im afraid to find out. My midwives said ther was nothing wrong with my bones. IM a little little lady and I know the facts. really. I can keep going over the facts and details of my births and will never know for sure if i could have truly succeeded otherwise.
Im just sad, I guess. we all have our saddness~ things that dont go the way we want.
thanks for listening
Laura
#70 of 81 Old 08-21-2004, 04:28 PM

Laura~

I too am hoping for things to go the way I want them to next time.

#71 of 81 Old 08-22-2004, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

First, Welcome Shaylee I am very sorry your birth experience momma was not better.

Ok, I have an update on my update. I am not pregnant, but annovulatory once again. I saw the ob/gyn this week. As of Wed, I am considered morbidly obese. I have gained over 20lbs in the last four months. I am totally depressed over this. I am 100lbs over weight. Can we say this sucks! My cycles are screwed up, I tried to get them going a herbal route but no can do. I have some progesterone to get me going again. My uterus is slightly enlarged and I am so crampy so I feel this is the right way to go.
I need to loose a good 40-50lbs before even trying to get pregnant again. Too much risk being this fat having another csection. I weight 18lbs more than I did when I had Jack, and 58lbs more than I did 8 weeks post partum. Can you tell this is bothering me?

My work is going good. Kids are wild and I changed my mind about homeschooling literally at the last minute.

I am looking into doing a csection site around the first of the year. Can you guess what it will be called?

I hope all of you are well.
#72 of 81 Old 08-22-2004, 01:06 AM

Kim-- I think I'm in the morbidly obese category too. I need to frop about 40-50 pounds.

Ok, so af arrived after 2 days of spotting last weekend. Last Sunday I bled so bad that I soaked a size super tampon and a pad every 2 hours! Now, its a week later and I'm still spotting! What in the world!!! I'm ready for it to stop. It isn't enough to make a mess and it is more like tinged ewcm.... weird...

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#73 of 81 Old 08-22-2004, 02:22 PM

: Kim. I've told DH I need to lose at least 150lbs before I even think about getting pregnant again. Part of what's making this recovery so hard is I'm so obese and it just makes everything harder.

I am just totally kicking myself. I decided to put polysporin on my incision because I thought it would help it heal. Well, it started to hurt worse. I'd been taking lots of ibprofin and it hasn't helping the pain. Every move just hurts and it itches, not to mention it's a bloody infammed mess (it's not oozing or seeping anymore, so its mostky just scabby). Today I think I know why. I'm getting thrush and the antiboitics just infamed it! Argh!! I didn't even think. It was healing so well too . Now I have a big ol' mess and I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm going to be de-yeasting starting today, but it can take a while with me. I get my incision looked at on Wednesday so maybe I'll just tell them what happened.
#74 of 81 Old 08-22-2004, 02:58 PM

To all of us overweight women

I am also 60 - 70 lbs overweight. I weigh now what I weighed pregnant with ds#1 and I'm 5 months pp w/ #3.

I had very good success with Weight Watchers between #1 and #2. I lost 43 pounds in 5months and then took another 5 months for my body to accept the weight I was at. It was hard work and I followed the plan to the T. I attended every weekly meeting. I was also back in college which kept me out of the house to snack all day long.

So, what's stopping me now? What kept me from getting the weight off between #2 and #3? Will power, I guess.

I keep thinking I need to go back to WW. I just haven't felt that I have it in me to stick to it right now. Plus I will not put any artifical processed foods in my body nursing, so that really cuts the quantity of fullness down. And at meetings there will be minor discussions about this or that with splenda or nutrasweet and I won't eat anything with those products in it. All lovely excuses, I know it, but it doesn't change my attitude to sticking to it right now.

Maybe we should open a thread to give us all the support and will power we need to get started, stick to it, and get the weight off. Being over weight is not good for our bodies or our future -- my mom became diabetic 2 years ago from being over weight and non-excerising my entire life.
#75 of 81 Old 08-22-2004, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_our_family
Kim-- I think I'm in the morbidly obese category too. I need to frop about 40-50 pounds.
once upon a time, morbidly obese meant that you were at least 100 pounds over your "ideal weight"; today it means that your BMI is at least 40. mine is 43, i am 5'1" and i need to lose about 90 pounds to get to my ideal weight, about 70 to feel comfortable again. it's not going to happen; i don't have the time or the money or the energy it would take for me to actively lose weight right now. i'm losing some weight because i'm nursing two children, but not much. certainly not enough. right now i am struggling with an anorexic mindset every day.

bwylde-- if you start running a fever or anything like that, get in to see your dr. right away! it sounds like you've got a real mess on your hands . i developed an infection in my incision too, and got rid of the subsequent yeast just in time for my daughter to need antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. now i'm practically bathing the three of us in gentian violet to get rid of the most recent yeast, which started in my daughter's mouth and spread to her behind, my nipples, my son's mouth and my son's penis. this is definately the dark side of tandem nursing.

#76 of 81 Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 PM

I got my stitches and staples removed today and I feel so much better! They were just going to take out the retention stitches (which hurt like heck, but felt so good after the burning stopped) but decided to do it all and put steri strips over the incision. Even the staples hurt coming out, which was odd as it didn't the first time I had it done with DS. I feel about 75% better, although it's still hard to get up and down when sitting or laying. I can't wait to totally stop hurting. It just seems to take so long to heal, which sucks!
#77 of 81 Old 08-26-2004, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
once upon a time, morbidly obese meant that you were at least 100 pounds over your "ideal weight"; today it means that your BMI is at least 40. mine is 43, i am 5'1" and i need to lose about 90 pounds to get to my ideal weight, about 70 to feel comfortable again. it's not going to happen; i don't have the time or the money or the energy it would take for me to actively lose weight right now. i'm losing some weight because i'm nursing two children, but not much. certainly not enough. right now i am struggling with an anorexic mindset every day.
l
My BMI is 35.8. So, I guess I'm a little down from morbidly obese. I'm 5ft even and have about 60 pounds to lose... actually if you go by the charts "ideal" weight I need to be down to like 108 an now I'm at 180!

I too strugge with an anorexic mindset. I told dh that I think it is oe of the things keeping me heavy. I feel that if I over eat that I am controlling the fact that I want to stop eating. I started weight watchers with my mom and sister and I think I'm the only one doing it. But according to the chart I have 34 points an day with bfing and the flex points. Well, I'm only eating like 18-26. I'm not consistent and I can't seme to get to 34. I feel like it is too much. I've been doing it for over a week plus running every other day for 30 minutes. Guess how much weight I lost. 0! I gained 5 pounds!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#78 of 81 Old 08-26-2004, 06:24 PM

I have a hard time losing weight too. I've done them all and the only ones to work are low carb and I get pregnant everytime I've done them, lol! (ok, I'm not superstitious, but I don't want to low carb while nursing two, especially when one is so young. It wasn't bad when DS was older). I don't know when I'll be up for exercising, but I know I can control what goes in my mouth. Too many people brought us meals with yummy deserts. We have a huge pan of brownies on the sideboard that keep sceaming to me (I'm just glad they're not the thick, rich, ooey gooey kind). I should put them in the freezer as someone with thrush does NOT need sweets.

My BMI is over 50 so I know I gotta do something. Amazingly, I'm in really good health otherwise. The nurses were in total disbelief over my consistantly low blood pressure . Some were expecting me to drop dead of a heart attack any second after the surgery : .

Where they did my retention stitches, it is a mess! Yucko!! I've been putting a drop of TTO in the little bowl of peroxide I use to clean it and I hope it makes a difference. I don't have any gauze left to dress it with so I'm going to have to get creative until I can get to the pharmacy. It's smelling really bad and looks awful. I wish I would of just had the staples.
#79 of 81 Old 09-01-2004, 01:33 AM

I just have to comment on the weight thing. I have had such issues with it. I am doing really well actually with ww. I am 5' 1" and currently am down to 137 lbs. The weight doesn't totally bother me though I do want to lose more. What bothers me is the skin that hangs over my c/b scar. I feel like that flap of skin is a constant reminder of my failed birthing experience. Lately, as I have been losing (at a healthy rate imo) I have been feeling numbness around my incision area. Is that normal?

Some of you mentioned the anorexic way of thinking. I totally fall in that trap sometimes and I know for a fact I overeat to compensate for that thinking (before I was pg with ds1 I weighed approx 100 lbs). I sometimes even start thinking crazy vain things like wanting to get a tummy tuck. How weird am I?

Just when I think I am so accepting my c/b I find myself replaying everything in my head. I do the if onlies...If only I had expected a quicker and more intense labor with ds2 than maybe I would've been successful with the vbac. If only I had the patience to get in a squatting position my pelvic bone would have opened up to allow more room...and so forth. My point is...thanks for all of you who continue to post. Just reading the way you process things and your own struggles give me strength knowing that I am not alone.
#80 of 81 Old 09-01-2004, 04:10 AM

You're definitely not alone, prmom. Thanks for reminding me to be careful of the "if onlies." It's almost been a year since I had c/b#2 and I still feel numbness, btw.

I've started a new thread for September:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...81#post1971181
#81 of 81 Old 09-01-2004, 10:19 AM

Numbness -- forever in some cases. My last c/s was 2 yrs ago and I'm still numb.

Yes, to belly flab hangin over the scar, even after I lost all the extra weight. A contain reminder to the failure of the OB and the hospital to stay out of my birthing experience, not a failure on my part.

Plastic surgery, yes, when I'm done having kids and I have maintained my goal weight for some years. I want the muscle repair like the mother of 7 did in IA. (If I can get over my trauma of hosptials and doctors, then I will.)

I have 62 lbs to loose and I have decided to go back to Weight Watchers this Saturday (so dh can watch the kids and I can listen).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page