Ten pound baby, hemroids, now what? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave birth to a perfect baby boy a week ago today.

The only 'problem' is that the little guy was just over ten pounds, and while I didn't tear- I think I must have gotten external hemroids from pushing.

They hurt. I am all recovered except from this. I have been using a cream for a week (prep H), but they are still there. I think they got a little better, but not much.

What can I do?
I am ready to just go to the Dr. and ask for some serious medicine. I can't take it anymore.
#2 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 07:57 PM

Drink tons of water (to make sure you *never* get constipated). Take a couple teaspoons of ground flaxseed mixed with water every day (another thing to ensure you have gentle, regular bowel movements). Sit on a pillow. Think about lidocaine spray or ointment if it gets really bad. Things should get better *really* soon... hang in there. (And congratulations!)
#3 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 07:59 PM

Congratulations!

Sorry, no advise about your problem.
#4 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 08:07 PM

I had an ahem, similar prob and sitz baths were wonderful, warm water, felt really good. Good luck. Yes, eating lots of fiber is good too.
#5 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 08:19 PM

Congrats on your little one! Everyone had ggod advice. The only things I can think to add are as soon as you feel you need to have a bowel movement, go. Do NOT wait, trust me on that one. Also tucks pads or similar witch hazel pad instead of toilet paper feels better. I hope it clears up soon for you!
#6 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 PM

Wiping with Tucks instead of toilet paper really helps!

What I noticed was my only long term releif, however was Preperation H supositories (and boy what a humbling experience it was to buy those!)

The supositories (yes, that you shove up there) were the only things that gave me any releif. I also tried witch hazel, Tucks pads, Preperation H cooling gel and regular creme. Poor dh was sent to Kmart at 4 am to get all that stuff,. none of it worked, but the supositories did.

I have since heard they contain thimerosol, but, if I get hemmeroids like that again you can bet your I am takin my chances with them again!

SOrry if that was TMI for you!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#7 of 9 Old 09-29-2004, 09:49 PM

You can also fill the bathtub up enough to just cover your bum with really steaming hot water, for a quick fix, until your dh gets back with the Preperation H!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#8 of 9 Old 09-30-2004, 11:39 AM

I "feel" your pain (My dd was 11lbs 2oz, 23.5 inches at birth) That's great that you didn't tear, or have an episiodomy. I had a 4th degree, so that actually was more sore than my hemroids. Unfortunately I don't have much advise except what has been given to you already. Just know that before you know it they will be gone.

Congratulations on your new little one
#9 of 9 Old 09-30-2004, 11:48 AM

Congratulations on your new baby!

I was in the same boat as you with a 10lber. I used super-hot baths, witch hazel, and preparation H. Eventually they went away; I can't remember how long it took, but I'm afraid to say it was a few weeks. However, once they were gone, they were gone, and I've barely had a problem in the past two years.

Truvie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page