Cesarean Support Circle-October 2004 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 116 Old 10-02-2004, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread is a place of sharing, strength and support for anyone recovering from or planning a cesarean birth. We ask that everyone's unique experience be respected and treated with sensitivity here.

Welcome newcomers and hi regulars!

Throwing out a topic to see if anyone wants to talk about it-what emotions come up when you hear other women judging those who have had cesareans?
#2 of 116 Old 10-05-2004, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Had my c/s 8 weeks ago and so far i've not encountered much judgement IRL. Online I just read very selectivly!

The big problem for me was that since my c/s was planned due to placenta previa I had people telling me how great it was that I would be avoiding all the hard work. NOT what I needed to hear.
#3 of 116 Old 10-05-2004, 10:39 AM

nak...I'm a regular but.. I had my first nearly two and a half years ago and my second 7 and a half weeks ago. My incision is in horrible shape and I wonder if I'll ever look normal again . It itches but I can't scratch or it bleeds.

IRL, all I hear is how lucky I am and that they would of given anything to of had a c-section, which I hate!! Online, it's the total opposite (well, in my natural parenting sites). They judge without knowing the facts. I feel like saying do you think I wanted this? I sometimes wish those who judge could walk in our shoes and see it's not always cut and dry. I hate feeling I have to defend a decision that possibly saved the lives of three people, me and my two kids. So, as you can tell, it kind of gets my hackles up ::LOL. It wasn't as bad when I'd just had the one for some reason.

ok, it's hard to think, type and read with a nursing toddler doing areobics on my lap :LOL . forgive my incoherance
#4 of 116 Old 10-07-2004, 11:50 AM

I tend to get very defensive and angry when I hear people judging c/s. I understand that a lot of unecessary c/s happen and I sometimes feel like I get lumped into that. I tried to vbac with Gavin, but unfortunately was unsuccessful and had a quick labor and had to be put under. That one was even harder. I agree that I don't have the experience of having my vagina stretched out and maybe even tear to accomodate for a baby. I know vaginal deliveries can be very traumatic. Yet, I still mourn that I could not feel my babies come into the world and hold them immediately and be lucid as I was trying to nurse my baby for the first time. The drugs made my emotions so flat that everything felt emotionally anticlimatic.

Okay, enough of my pity party . I just don't think everyone considers that some c/s mothers have done lots of research and planned otherwise.
#5 of 116 Old 10-07-2004, 11:56 AM

It makes me so mad when I hear people say that a c-birth is the "easy way out" or a way to avoid all of the pain! Hello, I had my body CUT OPEN and was in soooo much pain for 3 weeks! I would rather be in labor for 72 hours than have 3 weeks of pain again! It was so awful!

I am having my next c-section in January and I am already dreading the pain. Have more to say but ds needs me now....
#6 of 116 Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 PM

..Right after DD was born my mom was going on and on about how next time it would be easier since I could just schedule it, etc etc. She seemed utterly perplexed at the idea of attempting a vaginal birth instead (and not necessarily because of the medical implications - in her day it was once a c/s always a c/s and she had 3) she actually thinks it will be easier. I guess her only experience of labor was 48 hours with me stuck and no pain meds the c/s was probably a relief, but at the same time, she couldn't get over how quickly I recovered compared to what she remembered!

My other beef is that my DD was 10lbs 8oz, so everyone assumes that was why we had the section. I hate the 'Oh, no wonder!' response I get. I believe the reason we failed to progress was because I had a uterine infection, and so I was induced, combined with the fact that DD was posterior and maybe her size played a small factor combined with those. But because she was so big - as soon as I tell them that they assume that was why we needed the section - and its really hard to dispute it and say I could have had her vaginally because I didn't. GRRRR
#7 of 116 Old 10-07-2004, 08:07 PM

Checking in...

Judging others' cesareans... Let's see... I get mad *for* other moms when they express their sadness/anger/regret for having Cs pushed on them for no good reason. I get annoyed when people who don't know all the details make assumptions, though. All birth--including the cesarean version--is so individual. It's good to hear the whole story.
#8 of 116 Old 10-07-2004, 08:12 PM

Hi everyone! I'm a regular poster. Had my ds by unplanned and most likely very unncessary c/s almost 11 months ago (11/10/03).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylee
Throwing out a topic to see if anyone wants to talk about it-what emotions come up when you hear other women judging those who have had cesareans?
IRL this rarely happens to me. Most people I know just accept that c/s are a way of life. They don't question anything about birth or about their doctor's preferences or any of that stuff, so if the dr. says a c/s is a good idea (or any other intervention, for that matter), then they say ok.

However, I always feel strangely when among MDC or other AP/NFL types when I say I had a c/s. I always feel I have to defend myself. I admit, my c/s is probably quite a bit my fault -- I didn't choose a path to birth that would lessen my likelihood of a c/s, and probably made some choices that greatly increased my likelihood of one. But it IS NOT what I planned and people just can't understand how even though I was very educated, when it came down to it, I didn't know everything (who does) and I made some choices that at the time seemed like rational ones.

I guess, to try to be more coherent, I get angry at those who judge me. They weren't me, they weren't in my shoes, they don't have my ins. or my dh or any other issues that I had. I readily admit had I made different choices much earlier than labor (and some while in labor), I may have avoided a c/s. But then again, who knows. And it is not their place to tell me I should've made different choices. And I really resent having it pointed out to me like I'm an idiot or deserve to be humiliated or some such thing for what happened. I already feel badly about the experience and sincerely regret it happening. I just wish people who judge would realize, especially around here, that most of us are scarred by the experience and the last thing we need is to be judged and persecuted. Instead, we should be supported and allowed to grieve, to grieve openly, to learn from our experiences, to learn from others, to help others who have fared similarly, to help others who may have to have a c/s for whatever reason, and to make the best birthing choices we can in the future whether that be VBAC or r/c/s. Just b/c this is a NFL community does not mean that no one here will ever have or need a c/s. That's impossible. People need to wake up and realize that.

Off my now ... (I think someone hit a nerve).
#9 of 116 Old 10-13-2004, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I am a new poster in this thread, but I really need the support right now.

Henry's_Mamma - You echoed my thoughts about my first birth exactly. I was reading my own thoughts and feelings as I read your post.

I should introduce myself!
I am Jess, I am 24 and married to my wounderful dh for 6 years. I am pregnant with my third child and am planning my third c-section. My first, I planned a natural birth. I had been having contractions for 2 days that were 10 minutes apart and was leaking amniotic fluid. After over 48 hours of this and trying every home remedy I could find (walking, sex, hot food, bumpy ride, ect) I readily agreed to an induction. This started at 5:00 in the evening with cervix dialator gel. Pit was started at about noon the next day. The contractions came hard and fast and I never got up from bed (in too much pain). At about six, I gave in and asked for the epidural. I never progressed after this. By 2 AM the next morning, I gave in to dh and the doctors and agreed to the c-section. I had not slept in 3 days and did not care anymore. I actually fell asleep in the OR, once all the pain was gone.

My second birth, I wanted a VBAC and was still trying to find a doctor & hospital that would do one (we live in a very rural area). I ended up with PIH/pre-e. I spent 6 months on bed rest and had a c-section as soon as I reached 37 weeks (my bp was out of control)

I love my doctor and really like our hospital. We already have to travel over an hour to get there and it is close to both our families. We would have to go several hours the other dirction to possibly find somewhere I could VBAC. We have decided to stay with my doc and have a third c-section.

I have been having a really hard time dealing with the failure I feel because I have never had a vaginal birth.

Sorry this is so long, I hope I can find the help and support I need here.
Thanks!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#10 of 116 Old 10-14-2004, 10:51 AM

Jess ... . I understand the falling asleep in the OR thing. Once dh & ds left for the nursery, I closed my eyes (while they were stitching me up) b/c I figured it was a good time to sleep. I was so tired. It freaked out the anesthesiologist, though.

Although I haven't been in your shoes, I often wonder if that is how I will feel if I do not VBAC next time around. I think that you just have to focus not on the birthing part but on the end result. You have nourished and loved 3 babies from your womb to your breast to the rest of the world. It ulimately doesn't matter how they got here, but that they are here and loved by you, their mother. You still birthed them.

Perhaps it would help you to draft a birth plan for this 3rd birth? I know a number of women on this thread (and previous issues of it) have done so for their r/c/s. I think it helps you feel more in control of your situation -- and leads to the birth you want, even if it is a r/c/s.

I don't have any more advice for you as I haven't been there, but I'm sure someone will pipe in with something more helpful. You need to grieve the lost experience and those feelings are valid and justified. And this is a SAFE place to work through that.

#11 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 01:39 AM

Not to change the topic....but did any of you decide or are deciding not to have any more children b/c of the devastation of your birth experiences.

Dh and I had pretty much decided we only wanted two, but my failed vbac pretty much sealed the deal. My midwife informed me that they would make me schedule #3 and the thought of trying to hbac scares me, even though I know there are people who are more successful that way. I just pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that my c/b's were necessary, horrible , and I don't want to repeat it. Is that crazy?
#12 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 AM

I wondered where you all were!!

I'maregular btuI've had 2c/bs. 1st unplanned in 02 and 2nd planned in January this year.

What do I think about the judging... IRL I get sympathy. NO one says I had the easy way out. No one gives me a hard time about it. I encounter most online.

My real struggle is talking with women going down the same path I went down that led to my first c/b.I warn them. But I think they blow me off because well, I had a c/b.

Example, on another website 2 girls have perfect pgs. One is 39 weeks. She goes to the ob and he says, you are doing great! Lets induce...c/b. Another has high bp and PUPPS. Theob says let induce...another c/b.

Breaks my heart.

Jess-- Its hard to realize but please don't feel like a failure. Once you have that first c/b its hardto get a hold of your births again. You are at the mercy of the ob or mw to handle your pg...

There are some awesome birth plans around here. I think mineis pretty good and I know that On The Fence has a good one that is really detailed.

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#13 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 02:03 AM

Hi, i am new to this thread.
I had a vaginal birth with my first son, 4 years ago. When i found out that i was prego again i decided to do it all natural, labor mostly at home until i couldn't stand it and then go to the hopital.Yeah right. I was diabetic so i was watched really close. I had a sono at 36 week to get weight and size,Thats when it happed, my world fell apart. BRECH!! My ds was brech. I went in for a version, and it didn't work, 4 hours later my water broke. So we rushed to the hopital and it was going way to fast, a little under an hour later Joshua Mateo Josiah was born.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#14 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 02:11 AM

the problem i was having and still am I feel robbed. I know what it is like to have a natural cb. A c-section was unreal. I didn't work of this angel. I wanted to do so many different thing in labor, we had the whole bag packed and everything. I still feel like somethings wrong, don't get me wrong i love Mateo to death and he's perfect, I just can't explin it. To top it all off when he was born his blood suger dropped cause of my sugers, so he had to spend 2 days in NICU. Thw whole pregancy was a fight to stay preggo and then this happens. Just to get him i my room was a fight. Then when we get home , I end up ripping my inscion open then for the next 6 weeks having it packed each day. More babies scares me

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#15 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 10:25 AM

Amanda-- I would feel robbed. I think it is a different experience to have a vag deliery then a c/b. There are some womenthat here that have had that happen so I'm sure they'll have more advice. What I would find comfort in is that you know you can deliver vag. You've done it before. If you do decide to have any other children you would be a good candidate for VBAC simply because you've done it before and your c/b was sdue to breech. It was totally out of your hands. I'm sorry you had a bad time. There are so many joys in haing a newborn. Congrats!!

prmom-- there are several women who have almost decided not to have any more children because of their first experience. Not all of the are c/b moms! I remember one gal about a year ago terrified of getting pg again because f how her vag delivery was. I think it is a normal fear. Give it time.

#16 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda721
the problem i was having and still am I feel robbed. I know what it is like to have a natural cb. A c-section was unreal.

My 1st DS was vag, my 2nd was c-s for face presentation with a persistant posterior chin (if his chin was anterior, this would have been a non-issue and doc says I cuold have birthed him easily). I had a homebirth vbac completely on baby's and my own terms in May and although it was GREATLY healing for me, I still grieve that I cannot "heal" that experience for Nate (my c-s kiddo).

It was unreal, I still feel pain in my heart and discomfort in my incision area from it. I also still get people telling me that it was my own fault for even agreeing to go in to the hospital (I had wanted to UC, and in hindsight SHOULD HAVE because he only became a face presentation after the doc broke my water b/c Nate was still high and not engaged in my pelvis yet). I hear from some in the UC community that I failed my body and my baby and that Im wrong in thinking that a face presentation with posterior chin can't birth vaginally (that is where they are wrong).

Now in the mainstream community and with mainstream people I know, they all thought I was insane to want to VBAC (at HOME no less, LOL). I too hear people commenting on how c-s is soooo great because you can fit itinto your schedule, doc can fit it into their schedule, you pick baby's b-day and you don't have to labour and push a baby though your vagina (*gasp* the horror of it all!
#17 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 11:03 AM

Sandra, once upon a time I wanted a ton of kids. Having had a second c/s makes me rethink that. DH keeps mentioning when we have number 3, but I don't know if I can handle another c/s and I KNOW that's what would happen. We don't have birthing options here like I read about others having and my birth history just about seals it for me . Hopefully I'll overcome it and reconsider as I love being a mother and know our family isn't done, but it's such a hard thing. It was so easy when it was just once and the possibility was there for a vaginal delivery. I'm also having a hard time dealing emotionally with things from my recovery, which may take me a long time. Physically, I still hurt and my incision is pretty gross 2 months later. Who knows how long I will truly heal this time
#18 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM

You know, you really ought to link the new thread to the old one when you start it. That way everyone who's on the old thread is notified that there's a new one.. unless you were just trying to avoid me?

I know this makes me different from everyone else, but my c/s (3 months ago) was a much much easier experience than my vaginal delivery (2 years ago). My son's birth was so difficult for me in so many ways, and the cesarean, while it was totally surreal, was much much easier. I had a shorter recovery time, much much less pain before during and after.. overall, it was an amazing and liberating experience for me. I always said that I think my son should have been a cesarean birth, and got a lot of comments about how much more difficult a c-section is. I guess it's true that you can't make that call beforehand, but now that I've had a c-section I know that I was right all along.

As far as the next baby-- assuming that the problems with BooBah's kidneys are not genetic (and it's not terribly likely that they are) we will probably begin TTC #3 when BooBah is around 20 months old. Birth-wise, I am hoping for an "unplanned" unassisted birth. It's not because I'm angry about the hospital or the doctors or anything like that; I plan to have the same OB care I had with BooBah, and to go to the hospital after the baby is born just as I would if it was truly an accidental homebirth. The thing is, I missed some experiences with both my son and my daughter that I've always wanted to have. I've never smelled vernix, or been the first person to touch my brand new baby and look into their eyes. I've never been the first person to kiss or hold my baby, I've never seen an umbilical cord or placenta in real life, and I want those things. I decided that it's not fair, I should get to be the first person to touch/see/talk to my baby, and dammit, I'm going to next time. That's all. I just want to be the first.

It's fairly ironic that it took a c-section to make me realize that birth can, in fact, be painless. I know that the experience will be different, but I'm looking forward to it none the less. My husband is nervous about it, because he remembers my screams during my son's birth as, well, the most terrible experience of his life. (I have very little memory of it; I blacked out from the pain ) I'm confident that things will be different this time, because quite frankly I refuse to labor for that long again (4.5 days, counting not from the first really painful contraction but from when my water broke. The first really painful, stop-and-breathe contraction which began a definate, strong labor pattern came some two or three months before he was born. ). Still, I think I can manage a UC, and I'm determined to be the first person to touch my baby so that's what I'm planning for the moment.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#19 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 12:34 PM

Such a long post and I didn't even answer the first question.

I get ticked off at people who judge those who've had cesareans, I always have. Just look at my posts in the "C-Section Vent" thread(s). I see a lot of judgement and no plan of action to change things, just people b****ing and moaning about how god awful the system is and how stupid people are for thinking that homebirthers are crazy, they're just so persecuted and it's so unfair because they're the only people who are right... : And when I ask them "well, what are you doing about this horrible system, aside from whining about it here?" they get all pissed off at me, as if I made the system what it is. I've never gotten a straight answer, but I've gotten a lot of people really pissed off at me, enough so that some of their posts have actually gotten threads pulled. Whatever! I just don't think it's right to judge people you don't know in situations which are not intimately familiar to you and to complain about them here, when you're not doing anything to help anyone deal with it or to change the system. Grow up, already!

#20 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 01:16 PM

well, I just said baout 4 posts ago that I've never had anyone IRL make a comment.

I was wrong. My mom said to me about an hour ago that anyone who would rather experience the "pain and agony" of childbirth over a c/b needs to have their head examined.

I told her I would much rather have a had a vag birth. She said, well ya the recovery from a c/b stinks but face it its "just" childbirth.

I about cried. I think that was the cruelest thing she had ever said about this. The worst part is that she has no idea how much missing a vag birth affects me.

#21 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 03:36 PM

just checking in...babe asleep on my lap, so I'll bbl...
#22 of 116 Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 PM

Sigh...I feel really sad to say that the day my dd was born was not the happiest day of my life....Yes I was very very happy to have my daughter at long last, but the whole birth just went so very differently so very quickly than I had anticipated, that I still feel sad, robbed, and annoyed. I am greatful that both of us are fine, but the whole c-section threw me for a loop.
I too feel like I have to constantly explain myself which annoys me even more. I have found good support here.
I do not feel like I *failed* but I am scared to death of another birth like dd's. I went all the way through labor unmedicated, pushed for 4 hours, then had an epidural, then had a c-section. Crappy crappy, crappy! It took me 2 weeks to not feel like a basket case...hard to say if it was baby blue's due to hormones, the pain meds, or just down right depression at the many interventions that happened.
Now, I feel fantastic! I never believed that I would feel this good again (five months pp). I am worried that I will get all the way to the end again and not be able to deliver my baby.

anyway....I do feel defensive about my birth. I feel like it could have been so different. The thing that pisses me off the most though, was that no one showed me my baby for 20 minutes No one said if there was something wrong (there wasn't as far as I could tell) and they didn't bring her to me until I started demanding to see my baby as they were stitching me up. My dh was right with me just as scared as I was and just as anxious to see dd. I wanted to **see** my baby lifted up over the curtain at the very least....WTF?! She is MY baby after all!!!!! sorry for the : rant....I just get really mad sometimes even though I think my c-section was warrented and necessary. It just really sucked.
#23 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 01:08 AM

I overheard someone (a man no less),make a comment to a young girl who had a new baby by c/s. He said something to the effect of "taking the easy way out"

I 'bout came unglued. Since I've had a c/s, a vbac, and planning another c/s I feel I have the room to talk.

I told her in no uncertain terms (and right in front of the man) to never let anyone tell her she took the "easy" way. Based on the information she had, she made the choice to put her body through a major surgery and give up the "perfect" birth idea for the sake of her child. That's being a mother in every sense of the word!
#24 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 01:10 AM

BTW - where can I find out more about c/s birth plans?
#25 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 02:56 AM

people don't understand. We get judged from both angles. On one hand people are like a painless birth hck ya, on th eother hand people are like you could have had a vag birth. In my case, All I heard was women give birth to breech babies all the time, how do you think they did it before c-sections.GRRRRR, try walking in my shoes . I already had a vag birth and then a section. People(not evevn my husband) know the guily and hurt feeling i have, or how much i have cried b/c of this. I NEED SOME SERIOUS THERAPY!!!!! Iwouldn't wish a secton on my worst enemy

#26 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 AM

Meagan, that was a really cruel thing for your mother to say.

I'm sorry you ladies have had such bad experiences with this. My sister had two unplanned, uncomplicated, very fast labors & deliveries and when she saw me getting my hep lock she freaked. "Remind me never to have a cesarean," she said. "I hate needles." She was horrified just thinking about the spinal, she got totally pale while the anesthesiologist was talking to me.

My sister's second child was born at 42 weeks, 5 days; she turned from breech to vertex several times in the last few weeks like she was doing somersaults and didn't drop until a few hours before labor, but she never prolapsed her cord or had any problems with that. Then my sister nearly dropped her on the floor, because at the hospital they wanted her to climb onto the bed during a contraction. My sister said "No, if I do she'll fall out!" She was crowning when she got up there.

Best of all, the nurses had tried to send my sister home, and had actually called a cab for her about half an hour before my niece was born. She wasn't admitted to the hospital until after the birth, and they changed the time on her papers because they didn't legally have permission to deliver my niece at the time.

At least she knows she's got no place to comment on the c-section, or even on the horror show of a vaginal delivery that was BeanBean's birth. She says that if she gets pregnant again, she expects it'll be nine pound twins and she'll drop them on the living room floor. :LOL (Her first was 7 lbs 6, her second 8 lbs 6, so she's sure that the third baby(ies) will be 9 lbs 6).

#27 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 11:19 AM

Quote:
All I heard was women give birth to breech babies all the time, how do you think they did it before c-sections.
Yes women did, but there were also a lot of bad outcomes. We can't forget that. I know there had to be mothers who saw their daughters suffer greatly and even die during childbirth. They had to be praying for the day when women could deliver safely in the face of complications.

There are a lot of things women used to do that I'm glad we don't have to do now.

They made childbirth safer for us. We in turn, can make childbirth better for our daughters. (By having these discussions and taking the best from the past and the best of modern science)

I think many of us (me included) have an idealized view of vaginal birth. I have to admit that I don't remember much of Brody's birth. It's all very hazy (and I didn't take any mind altering pain meds). I had longed for a vag birth for the whole 8 years since the twins' birth. I was disappointed with myself for not being more aware and making it the magical moment I had envisioned. All I remember feeling is "thank God he's out" I had a lot of tearing that had to be repaired, so that took time away from my "plan"

So, this time, I am thanking my foremothers for making sure that birth in the US can be safe for me and my baby. My daughters are going to see me being in charge and making the best choices for me and the baby (Rylie ?), that they don't have to fear childbirth. That I don't have to listen to what anyone else thinks birth "should" be. I make my decisions based on what is best for OUR family. That I am researching ways to make the experience more family centered. (apparently it has made great strides since my '93 section)

Yowsers. I didn't realize I had so much to say! I got pancakes to make!
#28 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsy
There are a lot of things women used to do that I'm glad we don't have to do now.

They made childbirth safer for us. We in turn, can make childbirth better for our daughters. (By having these discussions and taking the best from the past and the best of modern science)

#29 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=whimsy]Yes women did, but there were also a lot of bad outcomes. We can't forget that. I know there had to be mothers who saw their daughters suffer greatly and even die during childbirth. They had to be praying for the day when women could deliver safely in the face of complications. /QUOTE]

But according to all of the research I have read cesearean delivery of breech babies doesn't actually improve outcomes when compared to vaginal breech with an experienced practitioner (although I think that may not be true of transverse and footling breeches which I think are the most dangerous to try to deliver vaginally).

Of course nowadays trying to find an experienced practitioner is almost impossible and that makes me mad!

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#30 of 116 Old 10-16-2004, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffykenwell
But according to all of the research I have read cesearean delivery of breech babies doesn't actually improve outcomes when compared to vaginal breech with an experienced practitioner (although I think that may not be true of transverse and footling breeches which I think are the most dangerous to try to deliver vaginally).
Could you post a few links, please? I'm just curious. My daughter was a footling breech with a prolapsed cord, and I'm fairly certain that it would have been dangerous to deliver her vaginally (no fluid left to buffer, the cord was coming before the feet, and was wrapped around her neck) even with an experienced practitioner... but I'm very curious as to what the research indicates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page