Votes: 17 11.6%
  • no morning sickness/ boy

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • other please explain

Votes: 13 8.9%

morning sickness/gender experiment

3K views 56 replies 51 participants last post by  mamajama 
#1 ·
I heard that there was an association with morning sickness and the gender of the baby. So far, in my circle, it has held true 99%. So, to expand my very scientific experiment, I need a larger sample size if you would all be so kind. Did you have morning sickness? If so or not, what gender did your babies turn out to be?
Morning sickness being defined as nausea with or without vommitting that lasted for a substantial length of time and was due to the pregnancy.

#31 ·
I, too, would like to hear your hypothesis. I voted no sickness, boy. The only time I was sick was when I ate bad Garlic Shrimp from China Palace.
:

I read that morning sickness is a protective measure designed to prevent the mom from eating items that could hurt a fetus. So, the more MS you have, the better chance you have of carrying a healthy baby to term.

#32 ·
I was sicker than a dog with both. I couldn't even keep water down with dd :puke
But, the difference was migraines. I had migraines EVERY day for THREE months with ds, AND a 3 1/2 yr. old to entertain...

My mw said she could almost guarantee that it would be a boy. (she had migraines while pregnant with her boys) Considering migraines are sometimes caused by hormonal fluctuations, I believed her.

#42 ·
I was somewhat nauseous for about 12w with Xiola, and VERY nauseous for 16w with Ezra... FWIW, when pregnant with dd I craved spicy foods, and with ds it was all about comfort foods (I hear that's another old wives' tale)...

In my circle, it seems to vary by mama... if you got sick with your boy, you didn't with your girl, or vice versa... but yes, I've also noticed this phenonema... weird, huh? Its amazing the things our bodies can tell us!

to all the pukey mamas... that's no fun!

#44 ·
I wanna hear the hypothesis too.
I have always heard that people get sicker with girls than boys, but XM's theory sounds plausible as well.

As for me, I had not a twinge of nausea the whole time I was pregnant the first time, and I had a boy. This time, I haven't actually yakked but I have had a few days where I felt like I wanted to. Nothing too bad but definitely more than the first. I don't know what we're having yet but I have been thinking it's a girl, because of this.

#45 ·
two girls, no morning sickness to speak of, just tired and slightly nauseaus if I went too long without food during first trimester.

one friend had morning sickness with first (girl) and much, much worse with her second, which was a boy.

#46 ·
It would make more sense to ask people who have had both genders because a comparision of which makes morning sickness worse would be more interesting.

I believe it has nothing to do with the gender of the baby.

I used to believe that having a lot of morning sickness was = having a girl. I had bad morning sickness with DD and none with both of mine DS.

This time however, it was AWFUL and I am still having morning sickness sometimes at 7 months. And I am having a BOY!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.