Csection Support Thread April 2005 (cont discussion from March) - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 424 Old 04-25-2005, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska
Storm Bride (or anyone with info...) is there a problem with BF after C/S?

I had an emergency c/s with DS#1, and once my milk came in (3 days later), I had massive oversupply issues which didn't settle down for 4-5 MONTHS!

And my best friend had a vaginal birth, but couldn't BF. Her DD lost weight for a couple of weeks and they ended up formula feeding when she gave up BF'ing.

So I guess it's just up to the individual mom's boobs and determination to BF. (I think that my friend gave up too easily, but she had to go back to work after 6 weeks, where I had a year of maternity leave to get things sorted out.)
#302 of 424 Old 04-25-2005, 05:28 PM

thanks for the reassurance everyone (again )
I was worried that there was something hormonal about the start of labor that triggered milk production - I had no problems with my DS after my first c/s, but I'd gone into labor on my own.

I'll talk to our local lactation consultant, too, see if she has any suggestions.
#303 of 424 Old 04-25-2005, 06:44 PM

I think the hormones are triggered once the baby is out. My sister-in-law "delivered" (or rather, lost) her first baby at 24 weeks, and pumped enough to fill the hospital mini-fridge in the week that he lived.

I suspect the lactation consultant will tell you to pump regularly for the nipple stimulation. I'm definitely bringing my little Avent Isis into the hospital with me. If I can get some colostrum out early, then the babe can be dropper-fed if I can't have him in recovery with me.
#304 of 424 Old 04-25-2005, 07:30 PM

The dettaching of the placenta from the uterine wall releases hormones that initiate bfing. It is further stimulated by actually nursing a baby. So get baby to the breast early and often.

I labored for 22 hours, w/my c/s at 8:00pm on a Monday evening. My milk came in on Saturday/Sunday. Ds would not latch that whole week (I blame the 4 hour post-birth separation), so I pumped every 3 hours and bottle : fed him, first with whatever colustrum I got, then with formula to fill him up :. Thankfully, we had no nipple confusion issues. I think this was just me, though. I'm hoping that regardless of what happens next time (VBAC or r/c/s), my milk will come in earlier as I hated that darn pump!
#305 of 424 Old 04-25-2005, 11:52 PM

okay I have had 6 weeks to think about ds birth.....I think I may have come to terms with it, and actually and pretty pleased. wow never thought I would say that! This is why.

The hospital staff was amazing. I went into it completly hostile and angry (not the best frame of mind) and they put up with everything.

I didnt think that my cathater was in right and instead of telling me it was they actually checked and fixed it (it wasnt in at all).

I was told that it would be 3 hours before I could see ds since I would have to go to recovery. I was also told if his sugar level was too low they would give him formula or sugar water (finger method).......well as soon as I was out of the OR here come ds with low sugar and they actually let me put him to breast! I held him within 30 min of birth.

He was never taken away from me.

I declined eye drops and hep b and they were fine with it.

I declined an IV, pain drugs, and cathater (except IB Prophin) within hours of delivery. once again ok.

hospital proceedure is a c-sec stays 3 days at least, no food for the first 18 hrs afterward, no walking for 24 hrs. I stayed 30 hours total, had food 2 hours after birth and walked 5 hours afterward.

overall the experiance could have been a lot worse. i am still angry that i wasnt allowed to vbac, but at least i have accepted the birth. I still will be taking a doula course and plan on helping educate the community on ways to prevent unnecassary sections, but only because i think it is important, bot because of anger.

Kim- Simple livin' mama to 4 great kiddos.
#306 of 424 Old 04-26-2005, 12:28 AM

Kimberly, good for you on breast feeding against the odds, that's wonderful that he latched right away when you finally got him in your arms (see, someone was looking out for you guys at least a bit )
Kim, good for you on coming to terms with your emerg section. I remember parts of your original post and I remember you were angry. It does sound though like the staff really went to bat for you--a nurse that will thumb her nose at the rules is worth her weight in gold And good luck with your doula endevours, I think not only that you will help to prevent unneeded sections, but also assist a mom who does need a section to deal with it and make it work for her as best as possible.
#307 of 424 Old 04-26-2005, 12:54 AM

I am hoping that as time goes by and I am able to fully accept it then I will be that much more of a help to another mom. dealing with the pain of an unneeded secction is horrible. at least now I will be able to sympathise with someone else and help her come to terms with it.

Kim- Simple livin' mama to 4 great kiddos.
#308 of 424 Old 04-26-2005, 03:04 PM

I'm happy for you, Kim. I hope you continue to find peace the birth, and good luck with your future endeavors!
amy
#309 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 08:27 AM

who do you contact to read your charts? the OB or the L&D dept.? i'd be fascinated to read mine, and to correct any errors. it was an "interesting" labor at least, i wonder what notes the nurses and dr. made! "mother chanted in strange languages for many hours" :LOL

i am having a problem about feeling sexual after the c-birth. my husband and i have been stressed to the max because he still hasn't found a job, so sex hasn't been much of an issue, neither of us have felt like it. but now i'm starting to feel like it ... except my brain keeps saying "that part of your body doesn't work anymore." logically i know that's not true, the c-birth happened because of a short cord wrap issue. but i'm a sexual abuse survivor and it's just a bad, old habit to depersonalize in times of stress and live "out of body." i've been that way since the c-birth, especially since i couldn't breastfeed, my brain says "see, your whole body is out of order!"

i just feel so disconnected from my body. i do want to see a therapist but none i've found so far are taking Medicare, hopefully my husband will get a job with a decent health plan and then i can find a therapist. (i applied to the survivor's forum here, too, but i've not been a member for a year yet so i haven't heard back from them.)

anyone else go through this "disconnect" with their bodies?

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#310 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 08:34 AM

Kim, that's awesome you got nursing started right away i definitely think having a doula helps, my doula latched Willow on for me literally moments after they rolled me into recovery. i still couldn't feel anything (spinal went wrong) but it was so amazing to watch Willow act like a hungry lil' piggy! *grins*

#311 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 AM

meli--i didn't exactly have the disconnect, but def felt like i was broken or that my body couldn't be trusted, and i also had issues with bfing though we were ultimately successful (except it still hurts)

baby hungry--more later
#312 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellybean
who do you contact to read your charts? the OB or the L&D dept.? i'd be fascinated to read mine, and to correct any errors. it was an "interesting" labor at least, i wonder what notes the nurses and dr. made! "mother chanted in strange languages for many hours" :LOL

i am having a problem about feeling sexual after the c-birth. my husband and i have been stressed to the max because he still hasn't found a job, so sex hasn't been much of an issue, neither of us have felt like it. but now i'm starting to feel like it ... except my brain keeps saying "that part of your body doesn't work anymore." logically i know that's not true, the c-birth happened because of a short cord wrap issue. but i'm a sexual abuse survivor and it's just a bad, old habit to depersonalize in times of stress and live "out of body." i've been that way since the c-birth, especially since i couldn't breastfeed, my brain says "see, your whole body is out of order!"

i just feel so disconnected from my body. i do want to see a therapist but none i've found so far are taking Medicare, hopefully my husband will get a job with a decent health plan and then i can find a therapist. (i applied to the survivor's forum here, too, but i've not been a member for a year yet so i haven't heard back from them.)

anyone else go through this "disconnect" with their bodies?
Yep, I feel totally disconnected. I have this image of myself in my head and I'm so shocked when I see my actual self in a mirror. sad. My husband and I have had sex less than 10 times in 2 1/2 years. We're working on it. You're not alone. I called the hospital that the csection took place and my ob's office for my records and my sons records.
#313 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 04:41 PM

I am having a hard time lately. I am at peace with c/s #2, at least as much as I will ever be. But lately the thoughts are starting again. I want another one so I can VBAC. I did everything right last time. Everything. Except maybe choosing an OB instead of a mw. I did interview a bunch of OBs though and this one had a decent VBAC rate. Although what caused the c/s would have happened even with a mw...But anyway whats done is done. But I have all tehse elaborate schemes in my head about how to VBAC next time... I just cant seem to get over it ... why? Why cant I just be ok with it like so many other women? I dont know ANYONE IRL who is as bothered by it as I am? They are all so thrilled to have everything scheduled and planned ... blah.
#314 of 424 Old 04-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoTwo
I just cant seem to get over it ... why? Why cant I just be ok with it like so many other women? I dont know ANYONE IRL who is as bothered by it as I am? They are all so thrilled to have everything scheduled and planned ... blah.
Because you're not "so many other women". Everybody deals with c/s differently. I know several people who have had sections - one was just thrilled, because it was what she was hoping for all along (I've never seen anybody so scared of labour), most of them weren't happy, but weren't really upset, either. I was absolutely devastated...for years and years. It's only been the last few weeks, while posting on this thread and reading what everybody else has to say, that I've come to any degree of peace with them at all.

Don't worry about why you're different - just accept that you are. No two women deal with birth exactly the same way, so why should we all deal with c-sections the same way?

I hope you find some peace with the surgeries...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#315 of 424 Old 04-28-2005, 12:14 AM

You know Tina, I think some of it is also that a lot of women just don't talk about it. I was ok with mine, however, I had the chance to work through it all before it even happened--but--just tonight I was watching a rerun of friends, where Rachel goes into labor, tears were running down my face--for a number of reasons, first, i just looked at my dd and thought I wanted to do it all again (I'm pretty sure that was massive sleep deprivation talking though since she's been sick and I haven't slept in days) but also, I know I'll likely never get to say "Oh...I think my water just broke!!" I know that even if I have another baby the massive doses of blood thinners required for me to carry a pregnancy combined with my terrible arthritis will likely mean another planned c-section, but this little part of me would love to go into labor-not as much as I'd love to have another baby, but sure, I know enough to know that a vaginal birth can be empowering, I'm an adrenaline junky and I'm guessing there's a real good rush of it with a vaginal birth.
I know I'm lucky, I got to come to terms with it all before it happened and I know I'm lucky that when I think of my daughter's birth the things that stick out most are my OB saying "here she comes and she looks great!" and the tears in my dh's eyes when he handed her to me while they stitched me up.
#316 of 424 Old 04-29-2005, 05:02 PM

Shannon has a good point, also. I think a lot of women just don't talk about it, so the people around them are unaware of how hard it was. By the time I went back to work with ds, I was quite casual and cavalier about the whole thing...but every time I said "oh, I had to have a c-section", I was bleeding inside.

And, Shannon - I know what you mean about the water breaking thing. I have had labour, but I really miss the feeling of being part of something. My sister, SIL and some friends talk about it sometimes, and I just kind of...wilt. They're talking about this magical moment, and I'm just thinking "oh, yeah - where the surgeon hands you a baby you hardly even knew was born...magical". But, it depends on the person. Maybe it is magical for some people. I know my dh gets really upset that I don't consider it a birth, because he felt 100% that he'd been there to see his daughter born...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#317 of 424 Old 04-29-2005, 09:24 PM

You know, maybe I feel it was more of a birth because my spinal never took and it hurt like hell--I mean, labor is supposed to hurt, and even though it only lasted 40 minutes, Molly's birth hurt like a b***h! :LOL

Just a thought
#318 of 424 Old 04-29-2005, 09:28 PM

I'm not one of those people who believes that the birth experience itself is more important than the baby, or even as important in the grand scheme of things, but I must admit that it's very important to me. While I'm in no way unhappy with my c-section (emergency, double footling breech w/prolapsed cord) itself, I do feel like I've missed out on something. I won't glamorize vaginal birth, I had a vaginal delivery and it *sucked* royally, much more than my section. No, what I want is to be the first person to smell or touch my baby. I've had enough labor to last a lifetime, 4.5 days with BeanBean and none at all with BooBah. It's not about pushing the baby out for me, but what happens afterwards. We've always wanted to have four children, but my goal is to have the next one unassisted, ideally solo, so that I can be the first person to lay eyes and hands on my new baby. I want to see a brand new baby, straight out of the womb; I want to know what vernix feels and smells like, and be the first person to look into the eyes of my new person. I'd go to the hospital after the birth (I'm planning an accidental UC, if that makes any sense), but only after I've greeted my new person.

I'm not sure if it will happen. My water seems to break without doing anything to speed or begin labor, the sack kind of melts and all the fluid drips out but nothing else happens. I'm not sure how long I'd wait before giving up. (We're not even TTC and I'm already talking about giving up on my birth plans... ) But that's what I want-- to be the first person on Earth to phsycially lay hands on my baby, and to be the person who gives my baby their first bath. :sigh

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#319 of 424 Old 04-29-2005, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
But that's what I want-- to be the first person on Earth to phsycially lay hands on my baby, and to be the person who gives my baby their first bath. :sigh
I know EXACTLY how you feel. UBAC is definitely in my radar, although I'm wary about it (and dh would freak if he even knew it was in my radar!). But I really want to catch my next babe. I really want to see and feel and touch and caress my next babe immediately after birth. I saw ds for about 10 seconds after his birth but I did not get to hold him on his b-day. That saddens me greatly. A lot of things will have to be different for me to really be happy to birth in a hospital. I'd love to HBAC, but no mw will touch it in my state. {sigh} I just wanted to say I understand.
#320 of 424 Old 04-29-2005, 10:18 PM

Woudn't it be great if they could get your dh in full sterile greens and let him pull the baby out??? I don't think any doc would allow it, but if you have to have a c-section, that's the way to do it!!
Or the way I had dreams of when I was hospitalized before Molly's birth (ok, this is weird--and when I told my doc about it she spit on me when she laughed)
I had this dream that I was sick of waiting to meet her--so in the middle of the night I took matters into my own hands and cut her out myself--but I did it from the top so I could see what I was doing (important don't ya know!) I got her out and she was perfect--and in the dream she looked very much how she looked when she was handed to me. Anyway, I didn't want to get in trouble from the nurses and stuff so whenever I heard someone coming down the hall, I would shove her back in--like a kangaroo! Silly nurses, none of them ever figured out I'd done surgery on myself :LOL
#321 of 424 Old 04-30-2005, 02:40 AM

ROFL Shannon When I was pregnant with my ds, I had dreamt that I was able to take him out and look at him and put him back in too. I told my dh and he thought I was nuts :LOL
#322 of 424 Old 04-30-2005, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska
Storm Bride (or anyone with info...) is there a problem with BF after C/S? The only info I can find is that the stress of the section may interfere, or the time mom and baby are separated. ARe there physical problems (besides the incision site... I mean with milk production?) This has me worried. I'm trying to remain calm and peaceful with my decision, but every time I think about it, I still get angry.
I breastfed my daughter, the oldest, after a traumatic csection. Granted I don't remember the event all too well but I did do it. As for my planned csection I was nursing within twenty minutes of birth, sitting up in a labor and delivery room. However he didn't seem too interested until 13 hours later, however I had no problems at all breastfeeding. The ideal is to have baby to the breast as soon as possible, hopefully within the first hour of birth. I've had my milk in with both previous csection in 48hrs.

Trying to catch up, I have had no computer access for a week and I am next door!

Kim
#323 of 424 Old 04-30-2005, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have been MIA. We have no internet access until I rig something up at my house or have a new line dropped for our DSL.
I am 31 weeks. I had my latest doctors appointment and more and more I love my OB. I think I misjudged her in many ways, as she just let an aquaintance go to 43 weeks! I definitely have decided not to get my tubes tied and it looks like I will be going with the Mirena IUD. I will get it at my 6 week appointment or when I have my next cycle, it depends on how my cervix is.
I have been reading an interesting book and I may delay my csection for a week now, I will have to talk more about that later. So far baby is still breech and kicking on my bladder. She is measuring a week smaller at this point than my due date. This may be to breech presentation. I am still working on the final draft of my new csection birthplan and hope to share it with you all soon.

Congrats on the new babies! We must see pics!!!

I will be back soon.

Kim
#324 of 424 Old 04-30-2005, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
No, what I want is to be the first person to smell or touch my baby. I've had enough labor to last a lifetime, 4.5 days with BeanBean and none at all with BooBah. It's not about pushing the baby out for me, but what happens afterwards. We've always wanted to have four children, but my goal is to have the next one unassisted, ideally solo, so that I can be the first person to lay eyes and hands on my new baby. I want to see a brand new baby, straight out of the womb; I want to know what vernix feels and smells like, and be the first person to look into the eyes of my new person. ...
But that's what I want-- to be the first person on Earth to phsycially lay hands on my baby, and to be the person who gives my baby their first bath. :sigh
that is exactly how i feel as well. i fantasized and dreamed about it so much when i was pregnant! i just felt so absolutely sure i would be holding her while we were still connected by the cord, i didn't prepare in the slightest for anything else to happen.

most of the time i feel extremely bonded with Willow, very confident, very sure of how i'm reading her signals, and she responds to me in kind. but those few times that we're not connecting for whatever reason, i always blame that i wasn't the first person to hold her. i end up thinking "if only we hadn't been separated ..." in my head i know we're bonded, and i know it's normal not to feel it 24/7 - especially when she's trying out some new signals! - but in my heart i just keep blaming my body, or fate, or karma.

#325 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 PM

Shannon: I just saw your post about the pain of the section. I really can't imagine being able to feel the surgery, as the incision pain afterwards was crippling enough. But, I think you have a point. Being unable to feel anything from the chest down does not add to the feeling of being present at your baby's birth. It made me feel like an uninvolved spectator.

I'm interested in the variety of reactions to the post c-section b/f issue. I had dd to the breast earlier than ds (because I had general anesthetic with ds), but it took much longer for my milk to come in. I had milk for ds the first morning - call it 10 hours of so after the surgery - but my milk really wasn't coming in for dd until about two days later. I'd put it down to the fact that I hadn't laboured with dd, but other people's experiences are so different! I wonder what the factors are. (It's not an overall supply issue at all, as I was pumping milk for donation in addition to feeding dd.)

#326 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 03:37 PM

Hi. I'm lisa, SAHM to CJ 12/20/02 and Drea 12/3/04. I had CJ naturally and Drea was supposed to be natural too but, she had a change of plans. I'm posting my birthstory. I wrote this a few days after her birth. It's been almost 5 months and things are okay, I'm healing well and my brain is doing alright though the whole things does make me sad and it only hit me 2 months ago how scary the whole thing was for me. But, I'm getting over it.

At 5:20 I started having contractions that were 5/6 min. apart. They were pretty steady though so I didn’t know if that was it or not. But, at 10:30ish, my water broke. I was waiting for my mom and dad to come down to stay with CJ. They were late - naturally. But, when they got here, off we went. Things felt like they were going really easy so I wasn't really sure if I'd make it to the 4 cm I had to be to stay there but the pressure was strong and that's what made me decide to go for sure. After we got there, I found out I was already 7 cm. WHAT A SHOCK. Things had been so easy so far and were looking really good. And they continued that way. For a while. I'm not 100% sure about times but somewhere around 4:30 I was all set to push. Things were a little weird then - the sensations got really strong really fast and the idea of pushing started to scare me and I couldn't really explain why. I even said to steve after my first push - pushing wasn't scarey last time, why is it so scary this time? That's when my midwife Kelly started acting kind of weird. She said she didn't know what part of the head she was feeling. Then, I pushed a second time and all questions were answered - she didn't know what part of the head because in fact, it was a hip. She flipped herself upside down somewhere after I'd gotten there. The got Amanda back from the C-section she was helping on and she came in just as they made that discovery. This baby was right upside down, busting her way out bottom first...and they don't do that there. Amanda had only done one breech delivery and that baby had died before they attempted that otherwise, they wouldn't have so they really don't do that there. Things got hectic and a bit scary then. I had to have a c-section. I was told I couldn't push, had to be moved to a strecher and Amanda had to hop on the end of my bed as they wheeled me down the hall way so she could HOLD THAT BABY IN. Steve couldn't come in with me and I was going to have to be put out which is better anyways for me, i think. Once we got to the section room, the anastisiologist turned retarded and was trying repeatedly to get me to have an epidural and going over things while Amanda is sitting there holding my daugher inside me...she finally said, we really don't have time for this, put her out now and lets do this. Then, I had to move from the stretcher and get onto a table and had a contraction in the middle of that and said hold on (keeping in mind I'm not allowed to push) but the stupid dr. was like - um, I really need you to move... Amanda shut him up again. He really seemed to be missing the whole idea of what was going on here. But, luckily, that's all I really remember. Then, I was out. I woke up at 6:10 am or so. She was born at 5:06 and neither of her parents got to witness it. But, she's here and she's wonderful. And, she has dark hair like me. There was alot of scrambling around to figure out what to do now. Before they took me (or on the way?) I asked amanda the big questions - I'm going to have to stay now, for how long? (48 hours) So, I said to steve - what do we do with CJ? Oh, this changes everything... Then, I was off into that room...But, CJ managed just fine away from me and I had too much to deal with to focus on him not being with me so it's all good now. So, now I'm home, waiting for my pain meds to be ready. Incidently, I did make it through the whole labor drug free and it was almost pain free, so that was a bit of a bonus - at least it wasn't the hardest of labors. Andrea has a bit of brusing on her bottom because they actually had to push her back in so they could get her out but it's already going away, so she's fine. Her stats: 6lbs, 3 oz and 21 inches long. She was born 12/3/04 at 5:06 am. How do you like THOSE numbers? My birthmom bought me a lottery ticket. lol.
#327 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 07:14 PM

Hello all. I just had my baby Sunday and it was an unplanned section. I had planned a home water birth. I have my birth story posted http://www.mothering.com/discussions...77#post3052977

It is a very long story. Basicly I wouldn't dilate past 4 and so I had to transfer to the hospital and ended up with a section. We tried for a vaginal at the hospital but even pitocin didn't do the trick. I ended up completly knocked out and feel so awful that happened. Feel guilty I couldn't give my baby the peaceful home water birth we wanted. Feel awful I didn't get to hold her right away. It took forever for them to get her to me. Everyone else had seen her and I was left in pain waiting. That was the hardest thing, hubby and I had dreamed of when she first comes out and is put into our arms. I am so sad we couldn't meet her together. He says he was happy she was okay but couldn't enjoy it fully until he knew I was okay and until I saw her. So, it was hard on both of us. DH was so scared waiting, I didn't even know they were gonna knock me out until after the fact.

Anyway, I did start to try to breasfeed her that day. I was upset to find out they had had to give her a bottle a couple hours after she was born. I had a bit of a hard time the first day, we ended up using some of the formula the hospital gave us. It was hard to take care of her. I was exhausted. I never really got any sleep over an hour until Tuesday. I had been awake from Saturday morning all the way until I got the epi Sunday morning. Sunday morning I only slept for about 20 minutes total. I kept getting interupted by people checking on my contractions. That made it hard to feed her being so tired. I would start to fall asleep while holding her. We roomed in with her so she was there all the time, wouldn't of had it any other way even though I was so tired. My milk came in Tuesday night, really late at night after we made it home. Things got easier after that.

Suprised at what our bodies can do though, Here it is a week from then and I still haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time. I probably get about 4 hours everyday at the most. Never imagined I would be able to be up this much especially after all that mess!

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#328 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 08:50 PM

Your situation sounded close to mine, but I started in the hospital.

Congrats on the baby! I'm sorry things have been rough. THey will get better

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#329 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 08:56 PM

I breastfed Tracy about 35 minutes after c/b. He was wheeled out of the OR in my arms. We had our first elevtor ride together and to the breast he went

I breastfed Bryce about 90 minutes after birth. It would have been longer but the nurses brought him "early" saying that he was mad unless latched onto their arms. So, they figured breast would be the best way to go

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#330 of 424 Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 PM

Hello
Remember me? I lost the thread for a while.. Can I rejoin??

Chantal

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page