Csection Support Thread April 2005 (cont discussion from March) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 424 Old 04-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Shannon! Thanks so much for the information. I'm going to find a new OB here soon and I will talk with them about being tested. I'm not sure if I fit the criteria... but it's worth a look. I've never had a miscarriage. I do have polycystic ovaries (cysts were mentioned in some of those studies/reports) and I do have cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome) and cfs is the strangest illness I've ever heard of. It's been like having the symptoms of any disease or condition. These symptoms are so severe that docs will be convinced you have THAT particular condition (like diabetes... one week they would be convinced I was diabetic... next week all symptoms gone... docs hate cfs and are always looking for a more distinguished "diseases" they can actually treat!). So, maybe the cfs caused my body to have the symptoms of FVL while pregnant? I don't know, it's a stretch, but stranger things have happend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 424 Old 04-12-2005, 07:49 PM

nak

I havent read through most of this thread or the older ones so forgive me if this question has been asked a million times.....

how many sections can u have and still be ok? by ok i mean possible damage to organs from scar tissue, ect.

Kim- Simple livin' mama to 4 great kiddos.
#243 of 424 Old 04-12-2005, 09:21 PM

I don't know a definite answer to that one. Obviously, even one section causes some damage, or there wouldn't be so much controversy about VBAC and uterine rupture. I've seen case studies online of women who've had as many as 6 sections.

My OB will do four, and seems quite comfortable with that number. I don't think he'd willingly go any higher...although I also don't think he'd turn me away if I were to show up at his office pregnant with a fifth.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#244 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 12:36 AM

My Aunt had 4 and her Dr. told her thats it! She had them all one after the other... I don't know if that had anything to do with it(?)
#245 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've heard 4 usually but what would happen if you came to them pregnant with a 5th child? I mean, the baby has to come out somehow so obviously they would have to do a section or let you go vaginally. I dont know how many children I will want or how many I can conceive (I have PCOS) but I hate the idea of there being a cap on how many children I am "allowed." I will be trying for # 3 this summer and both of my children were c-births so I will be having a scheduled c-birth if I get pregnant again. It isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination that I may want 4 or 5 children, I'm only turning 26 this summer so I have lots of time. My biggest fear is that they will tell me after 3 that they don't want to do anymore. I don't think I will stop at 3.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#246 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 01:13 PM

Ok, so I checked this out last night because I said to myself the same thing Shawna is saying--if you come in preggers what are they gonna do--tell you it just has to stay in there???
So, here's the deal, if all is looking good and there is no serious scar tissue and especially if you have had no previous abdominal surgeries my ob anyway will do up to 5 on a bikini cut. What she was taught was that anything over 5 should be done with a vertical incision, she said she has no clue how many can be done that way because so far in her career she's only done a "6th" section
#247 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 01:57 PM

As I said, I don't think my OB would refuse me as a patient if I were to turn up pregnant with number 5. But, I'm going to be 37 when this one is born (unless is very early), and I've always wanted four, anyway. So, this one isn't an issue for me. If it were, it would be an even better reason, imo, to pursue my VBA2C.

I suspect I'll get a tubal with baby #4...unless my husband decides t get snipped. He might do that, as he knows I've been through a lot on the conception, gestation and delivery front. He's not sure I'd be okay if I had to have a tubal, even if I have had my four babies...just an emotional thing.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#248 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm thinking of getting a tubal, too, if I do end up having a c-section in ... just 7 weeks and counting! I will be 41 this August and I cannot imagine going through another pregnancy. My partner and I have spent only about two months together without either a pregnancy to contend with or a baby. (Our relationship has been 16 months total nonpregnant .... But before you think to yourself how crazy that sounds, I should tell you that we are reunited childhood sweethearts and so we've actually known each other for over 20 years). I am ready to be done with all that. The pregnancies have been very hard for me.

Though, I hate to say it, I'm also wondering if despite these facts I won't regret such a final step. What if? What if?

Does anyone have any thoughts on/experience with tubal ligations? My OB assured me that it will take only about 5 extra minutes, won't complicate recovery (any more than the section surgery already will) or affect anything important like bonding, extra. My main concern, if I get surgery at all, is to make sure that my baby's wellbeing, our bonding issues, breastfeeding relationship, etc. are not affected in any way. I feel pretty good about it in the wake of a potential c-section since I had such a good experience after the birth of my first baby. I just don't want to tempt fate.

I am 99% I never EVER want to be pregnant again. Is that enough?
#249 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 02:24 PM

My sister had a vaginal delivery, a c-section (twins) & a tubal all in one go. She says that the tubal created more pain with her c-section, but she's really guessing, as it's the only section she's had. However, my mom had three sections (vertical incisions) and a tubal with the last - she says the same thing. Of course, I've also heard there's more pain with the uterus contracting in subsequent pregnancies...maybe that contributes (my sister was huge with the twins, so I wouldn't be surprised if the uterus shrinking was fairly dramatic). I'm afraid I really can't tell you...I'd guess it strongly depends (as does everything in the pregnancy/birth area) on the individual having the procedure done.

#250 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

I have had three c-sections and can't imagine having a 4th. My third pregancy was very uncomfortable and painful. I am almost 43, but if you want more children go for it. My oldest is 7 and youngest is 20 months plus a mc. I had a tubal with my last and didn't have any complications, discomfort or additional pain. Smooth sailing for me.
#251 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

I was going to have a tubal. I was told it would take about 45 seconds. Now I just don't feel comfortable doing it. My gut says not to do it. I am considering an IUD so my husband will not get a vasectomy. If I don't get the IUD I think he will get snipped but who knows. From what I have read a tubal should not cause any problems after a csection. I read so much mixed things on them, who knows.

I would like to know about IUDs after a csection. When can you have them inserted and is it painful? I am considering the Mirena.

Kim
#252 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

O, and I had my 4D Ultrasound today. It was absolutely incredible. It was nothing like a 2D at all. I am going to try and figure out how to get the pics onto my blog or you can email me and I will send you a clip from our CD if you are interested in seeing Katie Rose.

Katie is breech (frank actually), and you can see my placenta really well in the pictures. She definitely has girl parts. There was some definite pre-birth bonding going on today in that room. My husband was totally in love. Since this is most likely my last baby (read above) I really wanted to do something special and this was definitely it! Even if you are anti-ultrasound, you would be amazed at what they can see and how defined it is.
#253 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 08:28 PM

Hello all..... I haven't read the thread yet...
But I was 'invited' to come share... so reluctantly & embarassed, here I am :

"Hello. My name is Melissa & I am a C-section survivor"

heres the scoop:
Though we were planning a Uc birth here at home...
Gabriel was born at Kawea Delta Hospital

We were in labor from 9am (& water broke at 11am.) till 10pm when we went & caved in & did some pitocin & an Epidural per the Medwif'es recomendation. (Baby & I were getting tired) & the Pic was increased regularly. but then by 11 or so He was having bad heart de-cells so they turned off the Pit & then the Epidural cath.

Shutting it off did help a bit... but then my labor slowed WAY down. Ctx (intensity, not frequency) because my body was tired & I think sensed something wasn't right. (I was still only 3cm too)

The on-call surgeon said my midwife should give the pit one more try since the de-cells stopped (as did my Ctx, practically)......

We did & within 10 min. Were prepping for an Emergency C-sec... his heart rate dropped like to 110 & didnt really come back up. so off went everything & away we went......

The anesthestiologist teased me. he said.... "Well..well..well... aren't you the homebirthin' lady?? And aren't you a Doula/ChildBirth teacher??"

I wanted to stick his epidural in his Errr.....nose!

Found out why he had the 'problem':

malpresentation (his head was at a wrong angle) He actually couldn't fit as he was....
#254 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM

OTF, I wonder if they could just place the mirena during your c-section--you know just prior to sewing up?? I mean the IUD is sterile, I'm thinking it would make sense but who knows perhaps there's a reason they can't do it.
I'd love to see your U/S, my email is [email protected]
We had one done with Molly too, but since it was when we found the clot in the cord, I just couldn't relax and enjoy it which was too bad because it really was a cool pic!
#255 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 08:36 PM

Kim- I'm concidering the Mirena too... come check out the thread in Health & Healing about the IUD.
& btw...It can be inserted at 8 weeks PP after a C-sec.
#256 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 08:37 PM

Melissa, we cross posted, welcome! Congrats on Gabriel, (love the name btw) I'm sorry he didn't come the way you wanted him to.
#257 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Found out why he had the 'problem':

malpresentation (his head was at a wrong angle) He actually couldn't fit as he was....[/QUOTE]

This is the reason for my first section too. My dd presented with the side of her face and her neck bent weird. Was your baby bruised? DD's whole side of her head was.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#258 of 424 Old 04-13-2005, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Ms. Doula Welcome to our little thread on Mothering.
Sorry that you had a cocking SOB during your csection for your anest. Ugh. That kind of thing ticks me off.
You mentioned that you were planning a UC, what changed for you?
Also could your Medwife tell that your baby was malpositioned at all?

Oh, and I saw the pic of your new baby. He is deliciously cute. If you don't mind me asking, how is the pacifier thing going? I really am considering encouraging one with this baby. With this being number 4, I just don't see myself being a human pacifier IYKWIM!
#259 of 424 Old 04-15-2005, 04:25 PM

today is Willow's 6-month birthday

i'm still feeling like a train wreck. i think i must have serious adhesion problems, i still can't do most exercises, not even simple isometric tummy tucking. i can't even get my pelvis tucked yoga-style. so i am just uncomfortable all day long! it's even affecting my whole back, not being able to align my pelvis properly. i haven't gained any weight, but my stomach is in the exact same shape it was when i left the hospital, a bubble shape. bleah.

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#260 of 424 Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 PM

Happy Birthday Willow!
Meli, I still have pain on my left side too, it'll be alright for half the day and then suddenly it will cause me to just double over. So far nobody has been able to say what it may be (other than it could be adhesions) It's very frustrating. I seem to find it even more frustrating now that I may go 3 or 4 days with no pain and then spend a day on the couch.
#261 of 424 Old 04-15-2005, 08:01 PM

The "bubble shape" sounds a bit worrying...or did you just mean that you haven't been able to take off the weight?

I found with my second section in 2003 that I had lingering pain for quite a long time. I don't think the pain really went away until Emma was over 6 months old. The pain went away much more quickly with my first section (of course, I was 24, not 34...may have made a difference.)

Good luck with a full recovery soon, mellybean!

#262 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 01:59 AM

Hi - I'm Amy. I don't know if any of you have seen my posts in the VBAC forum (the "hostage" threads). I'm posting here because as I try to make this decision, I'm finding myself with uncomfortable thoughts I'd like some feedback on.

If you don't know my situation: Live in Alaska, the only docs who deliver babies will no longer do VBACs, homebirthing is out, my options are repeat c/s or travel (via plane - plane or boat are the only ways out) to some other city to try for the VBAC.

I flip-flop every five seconds - vbac, repeat c/s, vbac, repeat c/s.

I've read through the previous posts (at least 10 pages of them) and some of the positive repeat c/s stories have been very comforting to me. My c/s with my son was not traumatic. My recovery was fairly easy. Looking back, the c/s might have been avoided. But it wasn't, and he's here, and I'm okay and he's okay. (I know the issue of "well at least your child is here and healthy" has been debated, but this is how *I* feel about my situation.)

I have no medical reason, other than the slight risk of u/r, to have a repeat c/s. (Not to dismiss that u/r risk. I'm afraid of that risk. I understand it's low - very low - but if I'm one of the unlucky few, it won't matter what the stats are.) I'm told that I"m a good candidate - though I only had single layer suture, which I've heard puts me at a slightly higher risk, and my age - but overall, I'm a good candidate. HOwever, the fact is that relocating out of town to give birth, though an option, is overwhelming. My problem is I wonder if giving that any weight at all while I"m trying to make this decision is "valid."

What it boils down to is this - I have thought long and hard about leaving town (flying - the only option. Either 2 hours away to a city where we have no family, or 7 hours away to someplace we do...) There is the expense - not welcome but not a barrier either (thought I can imagine knowing the costs we're incurring and the fact that we're out of work will weigh on us.) What might be a barrier is the stress associated with it. The making of the arrangements, the flying with a 2 year old and then a 2 year and a newborn, while I'm recovering from childbirth. Staying someplace that's not home for such a long period of time.

I guess that might really be it - not being home. I want the time immediately after I give birth to be a relaxing time where I'm enjoying my baby, my family, getting adjusted to her, getting her brother adjusted to her... just relaxing and enjoying. NOT worrying about expenses and travel and what's going to happen when we get home and unpacking and is our dog being taken care of and etc etc.

But I feel like it is somehow not justifiable for me to put any weight on this babymoon period - or what I want for the babymoon period - when it means "compromising" an attempt at a VBAC. Intellectually, I know it's my decision and I shouldn't care what anyone thinks. But everything I read here - even on this support thread - makes me feel like it's somehow shameful for me to even be thinking this way.

I struggle with this every day. I desperately want to make a decision and feel peaceful about it. I want to enjoy my last few months of pregnancy, these last few months alone with my son. I want to enjoy the birth of my baby and feel peaceful and happy about how she makes her entrance into this world. I want the whole experience to be joyful for my son and my family as a whole. We live such busy lives - I anxiously await her birth, when time can slow down and we can all focus solely on each other without caring about anything else for awhile. I fear that trying for a VBAC will not allow that to happen. I fear not trying for a VBAC will forever haunt me. I fear if i try for the VBAc and something catastrophic happens, I will regret it forever. I fear that my desire for a VBAC is a bit selfish when I weigh what it will cost my family as a whole, and I at the same time fear that my choosing a repeat c/s given my circumstances is somehow shameful.

#263 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 03:28 AM

Hi Amy, wow, you've got a platefull here!!
I guess what I'm thinking is it depends on what you want out of this birth, what is most important to you. For some, yes, that attempt at VBAC stands in front of any other goals and wants.
I really don't think on this thread you will feel like you don't have the "right" to be thinking of anything other than the VBAC attempt. There are a few of us here who chose to have a c-section--even when a vaginal birth was something we could attempt (me for instance)
For myself, I would be inclined to stay home and do my very best to turn the section into a good experience. What I'm putting down next are the reasons I'd do it if I were in your situation--I'm not telling you that you should do it for those reasons.
*What if you go into debt to fly out of town and deal with a doc you don't know and end up not being able to have your VBAC?
*How much earlier will you have to fly out of town--7 hrs is WAY too long a flight if you are close to your EDD--most airlines will not fly you past a certain number of weeks.
*On the flight as well, women in late pregnancy and early post partum are at significantly higher risk for DVT or PE.
*For me, being in a comfortable environment (ie: my home) as soon as posible after the birth was very important.
*At least if you do have a planned c-section, you can try to work with the hospital and doctors to make it a beautiful experience (see Kim's birth plan and my birth story for some ideas of things that can help)
*From what I get out of your post, you are not wanting to attempt VBAC as a way to heal from a traumatic experience. You are already at the point of being ok with how your ds was born--as in you may wish it had been different, but you aren't still hurting because of it.
*Would you have any way of meeting the OB's in these other hospitals before hand to see if you even click with them?? For me, being in a different city, with strange doctors and few or none of the comforts of home surrounding me would be an extremely stressful way to have a baby-especially when there is no guarentee of a vaginal birth.

So, my question is, do you like or trust your OB that you are dealing with now?
And, what do you hope to accomplish with a VBAC attempt?

HTH, you do not have an easy decision to make
#264 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 04:35 AM

alaska-

Out of curiosity... why do you say homebirthing is out??
That would be the less stressfull route to go, afterall youd be home with your son, dog, ect. & have MUCH less healing time.....
#265 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Amy,

I have been reading your threads on the VBAC forum, and I believe you have another one on a homebirth forum. I've never commented because I never felt it was the place, but since you decided to pop in, well, heres my .02.

If *I* were in your shoes I would probably do the repeat csection in my homeplace with my own OBs who know me. I would probably plan and do everything to make it a positive experience. My reasoning would be this -- I know you have a toddler, and that would weigh heavily on me. Leaving one of my children just for an attempt at a VBAC seems over indulgent. But that is ME. At one time I may have said something different, but having a vaginal birth is not the end all and be all of my existence. Another thing that would concern me is flying at 36-37-38 weeks gestation. Most airline carriers will not fly you unless you have permission from your OB. I am not sure if you had given thought to this, but I know that we had to have permission to fly with a newborn when we adopted (he was 12 days old) and I do know of women who were refused boarding when they looked like they were about to pop.
On to the next thing, I know on one of your threads, discussion about flying to Seatle or the North East was mentioned. While you could be attended by midwives that do HBAC, do you know these midwives, do you trust them? who are their back up doctors? Have you checked out their facilities where you could be transferred too?
My concern would be, what if you fly out of state, away from your home, your child, and I assume your husband to attempt a VBAC and then have to have a csection anyway. That would be a real pain in the butt. You might not get an ideal csection like someone of us planned, and it might be with providers you know nothing about. I am of the belief, that you are better with the devil you know than the devil you don't know. I can't recall why your son was a csec off the top of my head, but I think you really need to weigh the risk that they may happen again, with the other things I mentioned.
Keep in mind, that if you have a csection out of state, far away from home that it could really affect your recovery. Csections that are unplanned actually do carry more risks than planned ones, and I think that is also something you have to consider since you will be out of state.

I think for you its going to be about what you feel most comfortable with. I know things have been said to you that imply to have a VBAC at whatever cost, to fly away from home and say screw your OB, and I am sure you have read that your risk is low, and blah blah blah. However, as you said in your own words, if you are that small percentage it really doesnt matter does it because it happened to you.

I will be supportive of whatever you do, you have to be at peace and I mean PEACE with your choices. I know that for me it was very important to go with my gut and I went against that and I paid for it. Since then I have made it a point to listen. I think you have to trust your instincts as a woman and a mother, you need to listen to your baby and your body, and you really need to feel comfortable with what you decide and move forward with it. Please keep us updated ---

Kim
#266 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
alaska-

Out of curiosity... why do you say homebirthing is out??
That would be the less stressfull route to go, afterall youd be home with your son, dog, ect. & have MUCH less healing time.....
I don't think she has anyone that will attend her. She has a thread called hostage on the VBAC forum and in the homebirth forum. She is really in bad situation.
It is really sad that the climate in the medical establishment is so bad right now. As my sister says it will turn again. In the early to mid 90s, most insurances were refusing to pay for repeat csections. You had to attempt a VBAC unless you had something to back it up that you couldn't delivery vaginally. My SIL who wanted a repeat csection was ticked off. She had had a bad first labor experience and then an emergency csection, so she thought a planned one would be much easier emotionally and physically. She did go to VBAC tho, but it was because she was forced. She doesn't regret VBACing now, (she is a L&D nurse) but she still says that she was angry that she didn't have a choice in her own health care decisions.
#267 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Hi gals Did everyone make up?? :LOL I only caught bits of threads but it looked like it got "fun" in here

I was told that getting a tubal at the same time as a c/b was not a good idea. NOt just for pain but because they are more likely to be faulty. I'm not sure why though.

MsDOula-- Welcome to our group I think...I never know quite how to say that. Ya know. : Well, definetely welcome...but I"m about your c/b...

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#268 of 424 Old 04-16-2005, 05:45 PM

Just popping in to say that Alaska Airlines doesn't give a crap how pregnant you are, you can fly. They said as long as your doc is okay with it, they're fine with it. Personal experience.

alaska - have you considered UC? I just VBACed UC, basically b/c I was in your situation (well, and b/c I felt drawn to it). Alaska just sucks for women who've had a c/s. In my situation, there was an OB who'd "let me try", but he made it pretty clear that he wouldn't be supportive at all.

Have you tried to find an "underground" midwife who can fly in to you? I know that certified mws can't attend a VBAC at home, but if you don't care about that piece of paper, I believe there are unofficial mws who might be able to help you out.

Sorry to post and run, but DS is demanding some attention - he's VERY two!

Kinsey
#269 of 424 Old 04-17-2005, 03:18 AM

Hi everyone - I appreciate the replies.... sincerely do.

For those who asked why homebirthing isn't an option: two reasons. One, like Kim said, there is no one in Juneau who will help me have a homebirth. No midwife will take me on as a client. The birth center here can't because they cannot do vbacs by law. The one midwife I've heard of who can do VBACs, won't take on any new VBAC clients. With this recent change in policy, she doesn't want to be the "VBAC" midwife (this is what I"m told. I don't know if that's accurate, but I do know when I called her, she said she could not help me birth, but she'd see me for my prenatal visits.)

I thought about flying someone in - but I do know I ultimately would like to be in the hospital (see the reason below).

The second reason why homebirthing is out: I had an abnormal quad screen for DS - a test I regret ever doing. We had a Level II U/S after the blood work came back. It looked good, but I was told there's still a chance. I feel like I need to be in a setting where my baby can be cared for should it be necessary. If she does have DS, she's at a higher risk for things like heart conditions, etc. I feel like I need to have care available for her right away should she need it.

Shannon & Kim - I did truly appreciate your posts. I haven't checked this thread since I originally posted, but I haven't stopped thinking about the issue. I came to a decision today - and when I read your posts, they mirrored things I've been thinking about.

So the decision - I'm staying home and going forward with the c/s. here's why:
I did find a new ob - she's in the same practice, but I REALLY trust her. She spent over an hour with me last week doing nothing but talking to me about my situation. She also is the one ob the women I've talked to over the last week - including two women I really trust - recommended to me.

I also found a pediatrician who would be totally on board with making a c/s situation much more bearable - meaning, with my son, I didn't get to see him for over an hour, I didn't get to breastfeed him, they immediately took him from me when they were stitching me up. She disagrees with that "approach" and said she sees no reason why she couldn't examine the baby on my chest, why I shouldn't be allowed to breastfeed immediately, and why the baby shouldn't be with me in recovery.

I hadn't thought about it in quite the same context as it was put in your replies - but your point about being with doctor or doula or midwife I don't know doesn't sound like a good choice.

But the most compelling reason for my decision...
After really thinking about, I'm not willing to give up or compromise the time after the birth for the birth itself. The time I'm going to be home with my family is more important to me than how I birth. Today my son had a hard time falling asleep - he wanted me to hold him, so I did. And as I looked at him it struck me that I really didn't care how he got here - I love him so much.
And I looked at my husband and said the same thing - I don't care how she gets here, I just want her here.

my son is not feeling well - I have to go - but thank you -
I'm going to look at the birth plans and stories - start thinking about how I can make my next c/s the most rewarding experience I can. I might have questions

amy
#270 of 424 Old 04-17-2005, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Amy,

Thanks for coming back and sharing your decision with us. I think you are courageous! It sounds like you have found a great OB that is willing to make this is a really great experience for you and your baby. I hope you can find some things useful from our birthplans and please feel free to ask questions!
I believe you have made the right decision for you and your family, don't be discouraged by naysayers, you know what's best for you. I will be praying you have a HEALTHY baby and the best birth experience you can.

Welcome!

Kim

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page