I need a shoulder to cry on - HAPPY UPDATE (now with pics and birth story) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 03-05-2005, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are awesome and are going to do great.

What a super dear husband

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#32 of 58 Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes that is a pain. I woke up every day for a month wondering "will today be the day.. God let today be the day" My baby was two weeks and 1 day overdue and that was from my NFP calculation.

I went and walked in the swimming pool a lot and found that helped so much. Sometimes just the water supporting my belly made me feel so much better.
#33 of 58 Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM

You are doing a great job mama!!!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#34 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

OMG!

Come on! Is this a joke or what?

Tuesday I had my membranes stripped + was told I was 80% effaced.

Wednesday, I spent THE WHOLE day with stabbing pains, mentrual cramps and a feeling I had to go but couldn't. I chose not to get excited about these signs though.

Then after I came home from the supermarket, I began having contractions I could not time at around 7 pm and bloody mucous began coming out - BTW, I had never seen bloody show before but I know it was a sign things were moving along.

At 11:00 the contractions began coming with a vengance. The real thing - those you cannot smile or talk through and need to medidate while having them in order to bear the pain! I began timing them and they wre 10 minutes apart. A lot of bloody mucous still coming.

By 1:30 am they began coming 7 minutes apart and and stronger! I was so happy - looking forward to calling the MW when they began coming closer.

Well, by 3am they had become weaker and then STOPPED!!!!!!!!!! What in the world?????? I could not believe it! I just sat on my bed in absolute frustration and disappointment. The bloody stuff keeps coming, but no contractions at all.

Ok, I know I had began feeling positive about all of this, but not now! I am so sad and angry. I have prayed so much and really tried to keep positive, but after last night I feel like giving up...

Today I have to start going for NSTs and I am so afraid the hospital will purposefully find a problem just so they can induce me... It happened to my cousin. The baby was just napping and they said he was not responsive. Hello - why did they not tell her to eat something or used the little buzzer to wake the baby??

Having to be induced will be like running a long marathon just to have someone giving you a ride in the last mile. I was induced last time and was hoping so much to go on my own this time. I just can't have all those drugs injected in me again. My last baby was sleepy for a whole week - it was pretty scary actually.

I will go take a shower now.

Thanks for listening...
#35 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 09:53 AM

I wish I had something helpful to say!

You're in my prayers.

Mom to Owen (03/05), Mary (07/07) and Joseph (06/10).
#36 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hugs hun, I am so in your shoes, except my EDD is Sunday- but I have called my MWs 3 times telling them "it may be today- having some good pains " Then the danm pains stop. I feel like I will be pregnant forever! DH love to tease me that this baby will be born on DDs birthday MARCH 31st!!!! What the hell is he thinking? That is really really not funny..... And why do we have to get pains that we even go as far as to time and we are like- YEAH looks good! Then they just stop??? I hate this, with my DD I just started with mentural cramps and then went into labor, with this one these pains have been going on for a week.... I am giving up- the towle has been give back- I am never going to have this baby- my pelvis will feel like it split in two for the rest of my life and I am doomed to just sit pregnant. And then to top it off my grandma tells me yesterday how sorry she is that I have not had this baby- and then she says "you look so skiny, I have not seen you so skiny for years, like from high school"..... Aggghhhhhhhh.......... I am not suposted to look skiny- I should be a big fat whale! I feel like it!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#37 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 12:10 PM

Your body is working, even if it doesn't seem like it in.
You will be holding your baby soon!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#38 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM

That sounds so frustrating and worrying!!! Praying that you are in labor before you make it to the NST...

Oye Yemaya oloto
#39 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 12:50 PM

Awww, big 's mama. Remember just a couple of weeks ago how worried you were about being induced early? Now you're near the end and have done a wonderful job of growing that baby. Good luck w/your NST's.

Baby Polihaupt: Now that you're nice and big and cooked, why don't you give your mama a break? Come on out easily, smoothly, quickly and meet your mama. She's a great lady and can't wait to see you. Your papa and siblings can't wait to meet you either and love on you. (Besides - all your MDC aunties want to see you in pictures!)
#40 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 01:03 PM

Just wanted to send positive vibes. I'm still ten days before my EDD and I'm trying really hard to be a good sport, but I'm kind of cranky too. I was induced last time too and it was miserable so I know where you're coming from.

Kudos to your DH for taking over and giving you a break and hopefully things will move along in the labor department soon.
#41 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 01:18 PM

poli,

sending you more labor vibes

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
#42 of 58 Old 03-10-2005, 07:07 PM

I'm sure you are tired of hearing this.......! But hang in there! You surely can't go any more than another 24 hrs or so. You definetely sound like your body is doing the work, and you will have your reward soon. I can remember feeling like "Am I really having a baby here, or is this a really bad practical joke!" I know you can't wait to hold your little one, and he will be here very soon! Hang in there, he's coming! He will probably come really fast, because you are so well practiced! We never do know why our bodies play tricks on us, do we?
I'll be praying for you and your little one, for a safe and healthy delivery. God Bless!

Brigitte
#43 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Our chubby, lovely and wonderful baby boy was born Wednesday March 10th at 11:45 PM!!! He was 9lbs and 22inches. We have not picked a name yet.
I will post a birth story and pictures later on

Thank you all for your wonderful support
#44 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 12:02 PM

Congratulations! boy:

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#45 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Congratulations!!!!
#46 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 12:53 PM

Congrats!! He was born on my dd2 b-day!

Welcome baby boy!!!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#47 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Woo Hoo! Can not wait for your birth story!

Happy Birthday Baby Boy polihaupt!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#48 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 02:00 PM

~ Congratulations Polihaupt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Baby Polihaupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! ~
#49 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 PM

CONGRATULATIONS POLIHAUPT!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Little Boy!!!
#50 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 PM

Yay -- Congratulations!!!

Oye Yemaya oloto
#51 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Congratulations! How awesome that he came on his own!
#52 of 58 Old 03-11-2005, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

#53 of 58 Old 03-13-2005, 09:15 AM

Parabéns, Polihaupt, que menino LIIIIINDO! Tillykke til Hr. Polihaupt med sónnen.

You sound to have had a wonderful birth experience!

Congrats once more, enjoy the babymoon.
#54 of 58 Old 03-13-2005, 10:38 AM

HOORAY!!!!!!
We were thinking of you this weekend!
Annette

#55 of 58 Old 03-13-2005, 10:39 AM

Oh my gosh, that is one cute baby!

#56 of 58 Old 03-13-2005, 03:58 PM

congratulations!! s

what a beautiful baby!
#57 of 58 Old 03-13-2005, 09:38 PM

He's adorable, congrats! I so want them to build a birthing center here!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#58 of 58 Old 03-14-2005, 12:39 AM

He was born on my birthday!! Maybe his birthday will come to be known as March Tench in your home, too.

Congratulations!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page