I need a shoulder to cry on - HAPPY UPDATE (now with pics and birth story) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2005, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Background - I am 40wks2days pregnant today.

I know "due dates" are only arbitrary "expiration dates" and should not be taken to seriously. Besides, only 2 days "late" is no biggy. I have tried going late with ALL my babies and my earliest was 1 week "late". However, the other times it was just a bit frustrating being pregnant 1 - 2 extra weeks - I was feeling great otherwise.

It is different this time. Specially since Saturdat, it has become just unbearable. In the "good" days it feels like I am having the worst menstrual cramps. On the bad days I have such bad labor and lower back pains that I am sure the baby is coming RIGHT THEN. But they are non-productive and labor never starts...

I really don't care so much about the date - all my kids were so alert, chubby and healthy that I am sure they got the best deal by staying in longer than expected.

Still, I don't know how to cope with this any longer. The constant pain, not being able to sleep, walk or do anything is more than I can bear. I can't imagine being able to do this for 2 - 3 more weeks.

I just needed a shoulder to cry on and some other moms to talk to.

Thanks for listening.

Please pray/send good vibes my way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2005, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

All my kids baked a couple of extra weeks.

I remember how frustrating it got at this point.

I don't suppose you really feel like going and telling your signifigant other to do his manly duty to help move things along?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 03-04-2005, 03:59 PM

sending the vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Polihaupt baby,

Please come out so we can all meet you and you can start your wonderful life with your beautiful family.

See you soon,
Char
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 PM

I can't empathize since I have never been pregnant, but big huggies I will think baby having vibes for you.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 PM

I know how frustrating it is. Miss Lauren was 2 weeks a day late, and I was miserable. I'll be sending your lots of labor vibes. Hang in there!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:08 PM

My last was 3 weeks late. My second was 2 weeks late and my first right on. Does this mean my 4th will be 4 weeks late

My fuse was so short that I had to have dh stay home the last 2 weeks to keep us all sane.

Polihaupt Your almost there. Eat lots of chocolate :LOL and dont answer the phone. And to your baby, come out come out so your family can meet you
Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM

That sounds so hard!
I'm sorry if I've missed any other posts, but...
are you able to take it easy right now, and only worry about yourself?
Can you spend some quality time soaking in warm water?
How about some calcium, or tea made by boiling whole cloves?

Are you getting lots of help with the kids, and outside-world stuff?

DD and I are thinking of you.

DIYer mama to DD 11/00 and DS 6/05- both intact, naturally!
...missing Mothering Magazine...

Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 PM

My first was two weeks late, and my second only a week. But I was as uncomfortable with him as you sound to be.

Are you opposed to trying to jumpstart this labor yourself? If not, try DTD. Orgasms and sperm can be really effective. But I swear by castor oil. My DS was born not 10 hours after downing my little "cocktail".
Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 PM

Thinking open and out thoughts for you. ((((hugs))))
Old 03-04-2005, 04:19 PM

s Come on out baby!!!! (quickly!)
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM

Hugs.

When I went late with dev, I spent those hellish weeks bouncing on a birthing ball while watching buffy on DVD.

When her colick would get bad, I'd pop on the soundtrack. She recognized the music from her time in utero.

It's ok to be pissy. Have a friend or relative watch the kids and take a long, warm soak.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Old 03-04-2005, 04:32 PM

's

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 03-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Come out little baby Polihaupt! Everyone is so anxious to SEE you!!!!

Oh gosh! Do I ever empathyze with you, and I never even went more than one day past my due date!! I can remember all that prelabor though, for weeks on end, and it is extremely exhausting and painful. My heart really goes out to you! The sacrifices we moms make!!!!

I wish I could send you a box of chocolate!!! I do send you empathy and prayers for a quick and SOON labor!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:02 PM

I know how you feel! Neither of my kids were late but those last weeks were awful. My 2nd DS was born in July and it was 95+ that week and a/cs are not standard around here so it was miserable. I sat out on my front porch and cried I couldn't take it anymore. Hang in there momma, its almost over!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
See, you are in labor. All of that stuff is helping to get the baby out. You are going to get up to go potty one night, and the baby is going to fall out onto the floor. :LOL

Old 03-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Banned

Have you talked to your midwife/OB/doula about this? Have you tried babyspinning, to get the beeb in a better position? Painful, non-productive back labor can be a sign that babe is posterior. BTDT, and yuck, didn't like it one bit, even though both of mine came at 39 weeks.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 PM

sending you baby come quickly vibes

Teach your children about the global water crisis
Visit Dream Village to learn more | Check out Saved by the Well on Amazon! | SBTW Trailer!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:31 PM

Said a little prayer. Hope you have your new baby soon!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
Old 03-04-2005, 09:49 PM

you've got my shoulder. I've always been late with my babies...have a great labor, sending you vibes to help you find that mama strength
Old 03-04-2005, 09:52 PM

and

I have a solution. Go online and find a concert or play that you'd really like to see in your area tomorrow night. Buy the most expensive seats they have left. You'll be in labor shortly before you'd have to leave to attend.

Come, join us, Baby Polihaupt! We're fun people, you will find lots of love here.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:58 PM

I hope that the baby comes soon. Why not take two Tylenol PM and get some sleep. I had 4 days of prodromal labor before DS was born and my mw told me to take it. It took the edge off the contrax just enough so I could catch a few ZZZZs. Just try to rest and stay hydrated, your baby will be here soon.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Old 03-04-2005, 10:46 PM

((hugs)) Your baby will be in your arms soon.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:51 PM

I'm moving this to Birth and Beyond because I'll bet some mamas there will be able to give you tips to mentally cope with this.

I had prodromal labor endlessly for weeks and I know how frustrating it is to not know when the baby will finally come.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 03-04-2005, 11:00 PM

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
Old 03-04-2005, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
I had prodromal labor endlessly for weeks and I know how frustrating it is to not know when the baby will finally come.
me too.

s to Polihaupt.

take heart! your body is working! after all i went through ~ i ended up only being in "real" labour 2.5 hrs. so ~ the more time your body spends getting ready, the easier the final stages will be!

things that helped me:
* warm baths
* walking
* gentle yoga
* sitting cross-legged & rocking back and forth slowly
* visualizing birth & picturing my littlest one
Old 03-05-2005, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, I second the chocolate and Tylenol PM (or Unisom). Yes, yes, yes. Warm bath, some meds to help you sleep and nighty night.

Your baby is so wise! There are always good reasons why they don't come when we expect them to. Heck, isn't that what the biggest lesson of parenting is? That we are not in control?

Your little one has his/her own journey to go through. This is part of it.

Be open the love you're being sent. Have you thought about doing a bellymask? Getting a professional pedicure? A massage? A chiropractic adjustment?

You deserve to be surrounded with nurturing.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all soooooo much I really needed this

I am happy to inform I feel like a new person right now.

DH has been wonderful and he has basically taken over of all my housework for me. He told me to stay in the bath, go straight to bed and not to get out while he cleaned the house and played with the kids :LOL

I had 2 long warm baths today, ate a bunch of chocolates and took a nice long nap in the afternoon!!! OMG - what a difference!! The lack of sleep must have really taken its toll on my body and mental health. After the long 3 hour nap (snuggled with my 23 month old) I am feeling MUCH better. I even dare say that the thought of 2 more weeks of pregnancy does not seem as scary and overwhelming as it did earlier today.

Having said that, I did have TONS of contractions and A LOT of intestinal discomfort and lower back pain since I wrote. However, being rested and in better spirits does make all the difference in the world and I have been able to cope through all the pain relatively easily actually.

The baby keeps turning around. He was with his butt on my left side, he turned posterior in the afternoon and now he has the butt on my right Come one baby - pick a spot already :LOL

I will make sure to get some "homework" done with DH later tonight to see if that helps things moving along

Oh, and I called the hairdresser and decided to get a haircut tomorrow (it's been over 1 years since my last cut) Maybe that will help too.

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts. If they don't help getting the baby to come out, they have sure already have helped me get into better spirits

P.S. The idea about the show tickets made me laugh, but it is soooo true. I have heard stories of this happening to a couple of my friends actually. DH is going to be preaching this Sunday, and those 2 hours - from 11am to 1pm - is the only time I hope the baby does NOT decide to come. Still, I can't stop thinking that it would be funny if I went into real labor while DH was giving his sermon and he had to leave the altar in his robe and all :LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm glad you got a decent nap!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:07 PM

I can totally relate, my earliest was 13 days late. Don't be afraid to have a good cry. Thats actually what kicked my labor into gear with #5 at 15 days late. Wish I had given in and done it sooner.

Glad you had some sleep, some hot water and some chocolate.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.

User Tag List