Blood pressure problems after baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-28-2005, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the health forum. I'm putting it here, since as best as I can tell, this is somehow birth related.

Here's a bit of background:
With ds, around 36 weeks, my blood pressure jumped up. It had stayed fine around 120/80 prior to that, and it was up to 150/100 at the end of my pregnancy. The kept a close eye on it. I never showed any signs of pre-e or anything. I did have blood work and a 24 hr urine test. When I went into labor, my bp was fine. It continued to be fine even up to my 6 week pp check-up. I then went on the pill. This was the first time I had ever used hormonal birth control. When I went back after 2 months for a follow-up with the birth control, my blood pressure was high again. She took me off the pill, and it dropped some. She referred me to a regular Dr. Before my appointment, I had an episode of chest pain that radiated down the left side. We went off to the ER. They ran all kinds of tests, and it was determined to be a pulled chest muscle. Scared me though. My father had 2 strokes before dying from a massive heart attack. My blood pressure dropped immediately on the blood pressure meds. I was on them for about a month and a half before finding out I was pregnant again. I stopped taking the meds for about a week before getting in for an OB appt. She was going to change me to a safer med for pregnancy, but my blood pressure was fine. We decided to just watch it, and only go back on meds if needed. My bp was fine, 120/75, until the end of my pregnancy again. Like before, it was only my bp. I had the bloodwork and 24 hr urine again. When I went into labor, bp was fine again. At 6 week pp, bp still fine. I got the copper IUD. I didn't want to chance the hormonal birth control again. Well, now at 10 weeks pp, my bp has been up again for about 2 weeks. I've got to go in and see my regular Dr., but does anyone have any idea what could be going on? I really don't want to go back on any meds if there's something else I can do. They knock me out, and I don't feel comfortable taking them while co-sleeping.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page