Spontaneous Creation: 101 Reasons Not to Have Your Baby in the Hospital - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221
93. No one will feed you only food that you're allergic to, because you probably won't have any in your house. (I am allergic to milk, eggs, and tomatoes. I didn't get one single meal I could eat at the 2nd hospital I gave birth in. I usually ate the fruit and everything else had something I was allergic to in it. The first hospital brought me a list of food I could choose from, and it was a big list. I REALLY hate the hospital in this town! It has absolutely no redeeming qualities other than it's closeby!)
Ain't that the truth! After both dd's were born they brought me fruit trays. I'm allergic to pineapple, strawberries, mango, kiwi, cherries and bananas. I've been intubated for banana allergy. They bring me fruit salad and tell me to "pick around" the stuff I can't have. Yeah, 'cause it's okay to have other fruits with banana slime on them. I LIKE being in anaphylactic shock. Every single meal had at least one thing I was allergic to.

They laughed at me because all I wanted was popscicles after my c/s. I had about 15 of them in the first 3 hrs after delivery. And I wanted them to put my juice cups in the freezer so they'd be all slushy and yummy. They were used to that though - I'd been on their floor multiple times throughout the pregnancy with kidney stones and PTL.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#62 of 68 Old 05-16-2005, 10:50 AM

Maybe it's been mentioned already, but while pushing your baby out you may remember the great sex you had conceiving your baby because it happened in the same place (and you feel free to make the same noises). The connection between lovemaking and childbirth is so clear.

now to read the rest.
#63 of 68 Old 05-16-2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthenia
Maybe it's been mentioned already, but while pushing your baby out you may remember the great sex you had conceiving your baby because it happened in the same place (and you feel free to make the same noises). The connection between lovemaking and childbirth is so clear.

now to read the rest.
Oooo, I like that one.
#64 of 68 Old 05-16-2005, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
You don't have to get in a car during labor (unless you want to! - does anyone want to?).
:LOL

The umbilical cord isn't cut until you want it to be. For me, that was about 2 hours after delivery.

You get to videotape the labor and delivery if you want to. Many hospitals now are forbidding that because they are scared it will be used against them in court.
#65 of 68 Old 05-16-2005, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellesmommy
You get to videotape the labor and delivery if you want to. Many hospitals now are forbidding that because they are scared it will be used against them in court.

my sister wanted me to videotape her daughter's birth and the doctor came in and told me i wasn't allowed to actually film the baby's emergence / crowning / birth ~ any of it. i could only take photos.
#66 of 68 Old 05-17-2005, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klothos

my sister wanted me to videotape her daughter's birth and the doctor came in and told me i wasn't allowed to actually film the baby's emergence / crowning / birth ~ any of it. i could only take photos.

Because of course it wouldn't be evidence that they were skilled and caring professionals throught, huh?
#67 of 68 Old 05-17-2005, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellesmommy
or at least you don't have to be sneaky about it, like we did I my hospital birth. My best girlfriend put tape over the red light and set the video camera conspiculously (sp?) in the corner of the room. We got the whole thing.
#68 of 68 Old 05-17-2005, 04:30 AM

No residents learning to 'lay on forceps - but they won't pull'. No residents learning to apply a vacuum either.

No one telling you that you have to stay in bed in 'x' position b/c that is the only way they can continuously monitor the baby.

No pressure to dilate "x" number of cms/ hour, according to someone's accepted 'labor curve'.

No insistance on confinement to bed b/c your water has broken (or been broken).

No pressure to have your bag of water broken to 'speed things up'.

No insistance on continous monitoring b/c: 'you have meconium' (no matter how light or old); 'you have some variables in the fetal heart rate'; 'you *need* pitocin'; 'that's our protocol'; 'you are in active labor and intermitant monitoring is only safe for early labor' (who came up with THAT one? heard it from a wacko OB who I swear made it up on the spot); etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure I can come up with a good deal more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page