Tell me about bladder prolapse - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-22-2005, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a beautiful easy birth of my 9 lb 9 oz baby but now at 3 1/2 wks pp I suspect that I'm having bladder prolapse issues. I'm feeling a big bulge in the front interior of my nethers.

Is this normal for 3-4 wks pp? If not what can I do?
#2 of 6 Old 05-23-2005, 02:07 PM

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on your new arrival!!

I had a grade 1 cystocele (bladder prolapse) during my pregnancy with DD #4. After delivery, it stayed pretty low for about 6 weeks; I did TONS of kegels and by 6 months it was pretty much healed. At my last yearly appointment (DD was just over a year old), it was resolved.

Kegels will help in about 60% of all cases; it's very common to have after delivery. Only in extreme cases (and usually only if you don't want more children) is surgery an option. That's because the problem will most likely come back with every pregnancy/delivery.

Sometimes they can place a pessary to suspend the bladder in place; it usually has to be removed again during another pregnancy. I opted not to have that done until I tried natural remedies first. It worked for me; I hope it works for you too. Good luck, and I hope I helped a bit...
#3 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for responding...
Quote:
I did TONS of kegels and by 6 months it was pretty much healed.
How many and how did you do them? There seems to be several ways of doing these.
#4 of 6 Old 05-24-2005, 11:26 AM

I too was diagnosed with uretha prolapse. I have been seeing a physical therapist and they show you exercises to do along with the kegals. Basically, lie on the floor with your feet up on the couch, squeeze a ball and hold it for ten seconds and put a strap around your legs and push out for ten seconds.

Mine has gotten much better since my second baby was born, almost nine months ago.
#5 of 6 Old 08-12-2005, 05:11 PM

I'm in the same boat as you natashacat.

I gave birth 4 1/2 weeks ago and am certain i have a bladder prolapse too. I'm pretty freaked out by this!

My4girls- when you say it stayed low, how low? I don't mean to pry, but i can see mine if i look in the mirror down there.

I want this to go away! I don't want surgery but will consider it. I jsut wanted so badly to have a healthy baby (which i do!) and get my body back and get on with life.

Does this ruin one's sex life? Is it dangerous or unpleasant to have sex?
#6 of 6 Old 08-12-2005, 05:50 PM

My baby is almost a year now. Since you are only 4 1/2 weeks postpartum, things need some time to tighten back up. I still have it, but everything is just fine. I don't even notice it anymore unless someone brings it up. No sex problems either. Normal periods, with tampons too. Try doing your kegals to get everything to tighten up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page