Cesarean Section Support Only Thread June 2005 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 339 Old 07-30-2005, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm actually not quite as badly off as I sounded last night. I just got more sleep than I've had in the last four days combined, so my morale has definitely improved. I still wish I'd held out for the VBA2C, except if a real emergency had arisen. However...I still see three victories in standing my ground as long as I did.

1) Evan didn't have the breathing problems in his first few days that Emma had. I don't know if that's because I had labour, but I'm inclined to think that it was. So...holding out for labour seems to have helped him there.

2) My milk came in as quickly as it did with Kelly. Emma lost over a pound in hospital, but Evan only lost 7oz, even though he started out slightly heavier in the first place. He was definitely getting more milk more quickly, and I attribute that to the fact that I went into labour first, as well.

3) Because I did hold out that long, and it seems to have helped my little guy, I'm not feeling quite as bulldozed as last time. I wish I hadn't given in at the last minute as the contractions were really happening at that point (about 5 minutes apart, couldn't talk throught them, etc.). But, I didn't, so I'm trying to focus on the positives.

And, for whatever reason, I've definitely bounced back much more quickly than with either of my others. I still feel like death warmed over, but I was walking the ward on the first day - at a point where I could barely make it to the bathroom with Emma. So, something's better.

My incision was oozing and gaping slightly yesterday. I was afraid they were going to keep me another day and I'd already called my mom to pick me up, and my daughter knew I was coming home. That would have broken my heart. But, my OB just told me I can page him if there's an increase in bleeding or if I experience any unusual pain. He'll call me back and meet me at the hospital, if necessary. He may have made me a bit mad at the end, but I definitely appreciated that...another day in that room would have broken me, I think.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#332 of 339 Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 PM

Congratulations Lisa! Welcome Evan!!! Enjoy your baby and be easy on yourself!!

Chantal
#333 of 339 Old 07-31-2005, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa congratulations on the birth of your son!

Enjoy your baby moon!
#334 of 339 Old 08-01-2005, 02:30 PM

duhhh, i didn't even see this thread as i was going through pages, i started an August one here: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=322266 but the mods can delete that one i guess.

congrats, Lisa! it sounds like you've got a really positive mindset. keep it going! and take good and gentle care of yourself

i'm still having adhesion problems. my OB said my only option is a laparoscopy, and she can't guarantee i wouldn't get more scarring/adhesions, in fact it'd be likely. surely that can't be the only option! is there any natural supplement that helps with the reduction or softening of injury scars, like keloiding on the outside? a tablet or capsule, i mean. maybe it'd do the same on the inside? no way i'd get another surgery, this was my first and hopefully my last. every time i bend to pick up something from the floor, no matter how carefully i position myself, i get a tearing pain just below and to one side of my bellybutton. it reminds me of the tearing pains during pregnancy, when the uterus was growing upwards, except its WAY worse. i'm worried about internal bleeding in small amounts, and more scarring if i keep tearing the adhesions. it just freaks me out. and it hurts worse during menstrual cramps.

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#335 of 339 Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellybean
i'm still having adhesion problems. my OB said my only option is a laparoscopy, and she can't guarantee i wouldn't get more scarring/adhesions, in fact it'd be likely. surely that can't be the only option! is there any natural supplement that helps with the reduction or softening of injury scars, like keloiding on the outside? a tablet or capsule, i mean. maybe it'd do the same on the inside? no way i'd get another surgery, this was my first and hopefully my last. every time i bend to pick up something from the floor, no matter how carefully i position myself, i get a tearing pain just below and to one side of my bellybutton. it reminds me of the tearing pains during pregnancy, when the uterus was growing upwards, except its WAY worse. i'm worried about internal bleeding in small amounts, and more scarring if i keep tearing the adhesions. it just freaks me out. and it hurts worse during menstrual cramps.
Just poking my head in here , you might want to consider lymphatic drainage. It's a type of bodywork that's really helpful at improving the mobility of tissue, including scar tissue and adhesions. Anytime an incision has been made the flow of lymph gets disrupted and has to reroute itself. After I had my surgery for fibroid removal and uterine repair (incision similar to c/s) I found it invaluable for my recovery. Pulling into my scar when standing was gone after 1 session, my scar changed texture and color (for the better), and my abdominal shape changed. You can search for a practitioner at Upledger Institute by typing in your city/state or zip and then specifying the modality as lymph drainage. I'd look for someone who's had at least 2 levels and preferably is certified. Good luck

Lisa

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#336 of 339 Old 08-06-2005, 04:01 PM

Hey.. did we ever get an August thread going.... kim??

How is everyone doing?

Chantal
#337 of 339 Old 08-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantald
Hey.. did we ever get an August thread going.... kim??

How is everyone doing?

Chantal
i started an August thread, it's prolly lost in the forum though, http://www.mothering.com/discussion...ad.php?t=322266 b

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#338 of 339 Old 08-06-2005, 07:01 PM

Meli
The link didn't work....?
#339 of 339 Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 AM

I just wanted to put my story out there: I had an emergency c-section after 26 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. I was planning for a home birth in water... well that didn't work out. I was extremely traumatized that I had a c-section and feel that my entire birth experience was chaotic and terrible. I suffered from ppd as well, I think a major part of that was due to how my labor turned out. When I look back at it now however I am SO greatful for modern medicine because without it my dd and I would not be alive today. She was posterior and was NEVER going to come out on her own, and boy did I try!!! I think there are waaaay too many c-sections performed these days but I am also very greatful for the fact that they can be done relatively safely when they are neccesary! I am planning for a VBAC the next time, and I am going to try my hardest to make it happen

Leah - Wife to Joshua (April 22nd, 2006) , Mama to Scarlett (April 17th, 2007) and Vera (October 23rd, 2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page