Cesarean Section Support Only Thread June 2005 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by melixxa
The only thing is that there is still some red flow - is it possible I have my period back already?!? At six weeks? (The first time around, it was 8 months.)
I had a 6 week pp period & didn't have another while I was nursing dd. I understand it's fairly normal to have af at 6 wks pp. HTH!
#242 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 06:47 PM

Lisa many for you!!! It can be so hard to deal with the pressure from others about "is the baby here yet" and also the worry about your body "working" I know all those pressures so well! There are a lot of stresses for you right now.. try to relax, do some yoga and trust yourself

Chantal
#243 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantald
Hi Maria
Yes.. my c/s was more of an emergency than I would have liked... my birth story is here
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=238119

A nicked or cut bladder is a common complication to a c/s.. or so I am told
I'll look for that link for you..

Chantal
Having a nicked blader is not common, its a risk with any abodminal surgery from what I have read (csection, hysterectomy, bowels), especially in an emergency. The reason it is likely to happen in emergent situations, rather than planned csections is that the bladder has not been fully drained. and the patient has not refrained from fluids prior to surgery. Also, one of the problems can be if the uterus is tilted.
#244 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence
Having a nicked blader is not common, its a risk with any abodminal surgery from what I have read (csection, hysterectomy, bowels), especially in an emergency. The reason it is likely to happen in emergent situations, rather than planned csections is that the bladder has not been fully drained.
How long does it take a catheter to drain the bladder? They had the catheter in me as quickly (or more quickly) than they had my IV in when I had ds. No nicks, fortunately.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#245 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Thanks, chantal. I haven't spent the last four months convincing all the doctors that I'm crazy just to give up now. But, sometimes I'm tempted...

No more weepiness at least. I hope I sleep tonight - and that I'm up for at least 15 minutes tomorrow before anybody asks me if I've had the baby yet!!!

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#246 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 PM

tilted uterus.. yup.. that is me... It was fun... not....

Lisa.. can you screen you calls and put a message on the machine that says something like "Hi.. no still pregnant.. leave a message" and then just dont' answer the phone!

Chantal
#247 of 339 Old 07-16-2005, 09:43 PM

Nope - I'm living at my mom's right now, and we have two different numbers on the same phone. So, calls to her number go to the same answering machine.

Besides, two of these people live here...my mom and a woman who lives upstairs. They just can't seem to come into the same room as me without making some comment. And, my sister's having trouble with her husband, and I think she calls to ask about the baby as an excuse to rant about him...

#248 of 339 Old 07-17-2005, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all. Well I'm here for the long haul. I've decided to go with a repeat c-section and I feel so relieved now that the decision has been made. I have to go to bed now but just wanted to pop in. I am due February 17 but hope to schedule for February 10 (a friday) if thats possible.

BTW is there any way we could start a July thread? This is the June one and its getting really long.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#249 of 339 Old 07-17-2005, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to start a new thread for August since we are mid month already! But congrats on your decision and we are here to support you for the long haul!
#250 of 339 Old 07-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Shawna, you should have seen the last one!!
#251 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 09:51 AM

Hi All
Popping in to say HI! and check on Lisa.. for you! How are you hanging in there?

Chantal
#252 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Hi Chantal.

I guess I'm hanging in more or less...still no sign that this baby is going to come out. My OB is scheduling me for a section on the 26th, if baby isn't here yet...I'll be 12 days post-date. I agreed while at his office, but I think I may call back and cancel it, as I'm not coping well. I spent about an hour in the middle of the night crying downstairs (so I wouldn't wake up dh and dd)...and never did get back to sleep. DD has only been up for 15 minutes, and I'm already too exhausted to deal with her. I don't see how I can keep this up for another week knowing I have a section hanging over my head.

If I end up sectioned that late, I know I'm going to be in bad shape. I'll have cost ds most of his summer vacation beause of needing his help with dd. And, I'll be moving only two weeks after my surgery. I'm starting to think I should have just gone along with the stupid surgery two weeks ago - except that baby's still not here, so I just don't buy that he/she was ready to arrive then.

I'm a mess today.

#253 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 01:35 PM

Oh Lisa! Many many hugs for you!!!!! I wish I was thre to give you a hug in real life! I wish there was something that I could say that would make you feel better... but I know that there isn't.. Please don't be hard on yourself.. The last few weeks are so stressful when you are waiting for baby anyway... pile on top of that the pressures you are feeling and the upcoming move.. no wonder you are stressed out and teary. Please try to focus on the wonderful joy that will happen soon.. the meeting of your dear baby to be.

Chantal
#254 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 01:39 PM

SB-- I'm sorry you are having such a bad time of this. I can understand the looming c/b feeling. I can understand the fear of moving 2 weeks post c/b. I'm not sure what to say except I've been thinking of you and praying/hoping the next time I see a post is a birth announcement.

Please try and relax at least a little.

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#255 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Well, I've done it...I told my husband I am having another c/s. When I told him I felt it was what I needed to do for the saftey of baby and me, he was so supportive. He made me feel very comfortable in my decision. And I feel so good having made the decision, I'm about 35 weeks, so I certainly took my time. There was alot to think about...and I'm very happy to be able to just concentrate on making it a beautifull and comfortable experiance.
When I told my husband that something was telling me not to VBAC, he then confesd he to has had a very bad feeling about it. anyways...I'm having my baby on Aug 23...hurray!

mama, who : with two little crazy hommies
#256 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 02:45 PM

chantal & megan: Thanks muchly. This has definitely been a tough couple of days. I'm soooo looking forward to getting into our own place (we've been living with my parents for a couple years - first we were helping them out, then they were helping us out). One of the stressful things about this pregnancy has been that I'm not in my own space. So, I'm not upset that I'm moving so soon after the baby comes - but I'm definitely freaked about doing it so soon after a c-section! DH has only had his job for a little under two months, so he really can't take much time off over all of this...I'm afraid the load tends to fall on my 12-year-old and somewhat on my mom (who just cracked her rib).

The last few days have also been hot, which I'm sure you both know is no fun when you're pregnant! But, today is cooler, and I'm trying to get myself settled a bit again. I definitely need to get more sleep than I have been the last few nights. And, I'm trying to come to terms with a c-section, while still hoping, hoping, hoping for my VBA2C...it's kind of hard to juggle the two emotions. :LOL

Iriemama: I'm glad you've reached a decision you're okay with. I think it's important to trust your gut.

#257 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM

You know...it was easy to make the decision when I stoped rationalizing everything and just did what I felt was right. I would love a VBAC, but I just know that it's not the right decision in my situation.

#258 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriemama96
Well, I've done it...I told my husband I am having another c/s. When I told him I felt it was what I needed to do for the saftey of baby and me, he was so supportive. He made me feel very comfortable in my decision. And I feel so good having made the decision, I'm about 35 weeks, so I certainly took my time. There was alot to think about...and I'm very happy to be able to just concentrate on making it a beautifull and comfortable experiance.
When I told my husband that something was telling me not to VBAC, he then confesd he to has had a very bad feeling about it. anyways...I'm having my baby on Aug 23...hurray!
I am so glad you told your DH and that both of you are now planning on a wonderful experience!
#259 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa,
I am sorry you are at such a difficult moment right now. Hoping and praying that everything works out the way it is supposed too.

Kim
#260 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 PM

nak

lisa, thinking of you and hoping your wait is soon over! i am a bit miserable sometimes bf'ing in the heat and caring for a newborn + active toddler - i feel for you still being pregnant!
#261 of 339 Old 07-19-2005, 07:06 PM

I'm better today. I only had one pair of shorts I could wear pregnant, and they tore. Then, I couldnt' find my lightweight sweatpants and spent two days in pants that were WAY too heavy for the heat. But, I found the light ones this morning, so I'm not quite as overheated.

Now, I just need to walk and relax...not at the same time. :LOL

#262 of 339 Old 07-20-2005, 01:35 PM

Is it really weird that I found my scheduled section (without labour) to far more traumatic and harder to recover from than my emergency section (after 20 hours labour)? I seem to be a minority of one in this...other accounts all seem to find the planned sections to be a better experience, and I just found it hellish and weird and...freaky. Everything in me just screamed "this is not how to have a baby".

#263 of 339 Old 07-20-2005, 02:57 PM

I don't think it's weird - I think that you weren't at peace with the decision and that you didn't feel it was the best way for you to have a baby; when you labored you went through it as much as you could and having a section had to happen. Either way is not wrong, it's just how YOU FEEL about it, ya know? I think you could have 50 babies via c-section and every one of them could be traumatic to you if that's not how you feel it's how to have a baby.

Hope that made sense, I'm working on 3 hours of sleep and a toddler with an ear infection...
#264 of 339 Old 07-20-2005, 03:01 PM

That made perfect sense to me. I just don't feel right about c-sections...and I think the whole planned thing upset me more than I'd realized, as well. I've always felt that a baby coming should be an unpredictable, "it happens when it happens" kind of thing. Setting the date ahead of time (and not ever labouring at all) just felt all wrong...not "the way it's supposed to be". And, honestly - my recovery was longer and worse, which seems a bit unusual based on other accounts I've read.

#265 of 339 Old 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM

Anyone heard from Storm Bride?? I haven't noticed any posting from her so I'm starting to get excited for her....

#266 of 339 Old 07-21-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm still here...been doing a lot of housework today...maybe it's "nesting". My stomasch's a mess todasy, and I'm actually glad of it - hoping it's an early labour thing.

#267 of 339 Old 07-21-2005, 06:46 PM

oooo... I hope so!

#268 of 339 Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 PM

Hooray for babies! No matter how they get here! I am personally feeling very excited about my CS. It is a little weird knowing when baby is coming...I'm not telling anyone though! Haven't even told my hubby yet. I know he wishes it could be a suprise.
The closer I get though, the more freaked out about the surgery and recovery I become. Last time it was an emergency, so I did what I had to do. I didn't have a chance to be freaked out about it. Now the "what if's" are setting in.
Very excited though, just four short weeks untill baby!!! So much to do!! : ahhhh!

#269 of 339 Old 07-22-2005, 01:22 AM

HI...hope you all don't mind me jumping in. My sister in law had an emergency c-section a couple days ago and I would like to send her something (she is in another state) as I know it is a hard process and recovery as well...I was hoping you all might have some suggestions for me....

Thanks so much,
Maria
#270 of 339 Old 07-22-2005, 02:33 AM

Honestly, it might sound weird...but I'd send a fruit basket or something. I found it really hard finding the time and energy to eat. I know that's true with a newborn under any conditions, but not being able to stand at the stove or counter for any length of time definitely doesn't help...

If I think of anything else, I'll post again, but that was the first thought that popped into my head.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page