period-like cramps 5mo PPD... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
... but no period? Is it possible for me to still have PMS, without having a period? I noticed cramping & crankyness the past two months, somewhere around the beginning of the month (but I don't know if the dates lined up enough to be linked to my cycle).. but no period. HOWEVER... I did have LIGHT spotting once each of those months... it was the faintest lightest bit, only on the toilet paper. And that's it.

I'm still exclusively breastfeeding, btw.

So, yeah... what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#3 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
Heh... you too?
#4 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 02:08 AM

Cramping sometimes......but no spotting that I know of.

I thought it was maybe still my body going back to prebaby size??? :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#5 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Well... do you mean like the cramps in the beginning? I had cramps while bfing while the uterus was returning to pre-baby size... but that stopped after a couple weeks. This cramping that I have now is NOT during bfing... its off and on all day, like menstrual cramps usually are.

But I donno! Have you noticed any regularity with your cramps? Is it during bfing?
#6 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 02:37 AM

No not like after birth. Not when I breastfeeding either. Just off and on during the day.

Not really bad but enough that I notice it.

#7 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 12:43 PM

Hi kirei,

I had phantom cramping after all four DDs. Your body is gearing up for its first post partum period, which you may get very soon or not for a few months, or even longer. I had those phantom cramps for about 6 months before I got me period. The hormones that bring about your period are trying to get you to ovulate, etc. but the prolactin produced for nursing (particulary full-time) is inhibiting those hormones from reaching the correct levels. That's why you are having little to no bleeding. It sounds like you are having "breakthrough bleeding".

It is annoying, because you never know when it's the "real thing" or just more preparation...

Since you are having some activity (cramping, some spotting), you should be careful unless you want another baby soon! You are bordering on fertility, and there's no way of knowing when you'll actually ovulated (if you haven't already!!)
#8 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!! Your reply was VERY helpful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4girls
Since you are having some activity (cramping, some spotting), you should be careful unless you want another baby soon! You are bordering on fertility, and there's no way of knowing when you'll actually ovulated (if you haven't already!!)
We've always used protection anyway, because we do not want another baby right now, but thank you!! It's definitely good to know!!
#9 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM

I'm glad I could help you; you're daughter is gorgeous BTW! She's grown so much. I remember when she was born (I think we're both members of another board too)...anyway, she's a beauty!
#10 of 10 Old 06-03-2005, 04:51 PM

I have this too. Its nice to have an answer now

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page