Mainstream Baby Shower Horror Stories - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrathbun
I'm not a very frequent poster, but I just wanted to point out a couple of things. First, this is a safe place to vent about frustrations with what most of the US considers "normal" parenting. And second, Babywise is quite dangerous & even if the child comes through it physically unscathed, there are long-tem emotional problems that can arise from and infancy steeped in Ezzo. SO, I think it is worthwhile to point out when & how "mainstream" America is led astray.

Also, I really didn't see this as a "crunchier-than-thou" thing (and I have seen that here before). I saw it as more of a "frustration with the mainstream" thing.
ITA... I also see that part of the problem is that these people may "seem" happy but is that just becuase they don't know any better? I mean if all you've had is "hershey's" all you life you really don't know what you're missing in Organic Dark Chocolate like Durango

acrathbun... do you have an research supporting the Ezzo hazards? I need to add to my library
#32 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Banned

There's Organic Dark chocolate????

Hook me up!!!!!
#33 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 04:32 PM

I went to a shower a month ago and the new mom got a swing, bouncer, swing/bouncer, walker, jumper ect. When she asked why a babe needs so much stuff one of the women said, "Whatever it takes to get it to shut up!" Another mom kept calling her 2 year old the devil and was soooo glad she wasn't there. Then when I went to discreetly nurse my 11month old, a mom (whose son is dd's age) exclaimed , "Ugggh! I can't believe you're still doing THAT!"

After all of the horror, and most of the people had gone home, the new mom to be told me how great it was that I was BFing and was asking alot of questions and for advice ect. I was soooo happy!!!
#34 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
There's Organic Dark chocolate????

Hook me up!!!!!
Trader Joe's, baby, Trader Joe's.
#35 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

DOH! I'm Canadian..
#36 of 36 Old 07-07-2005, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade2561
I went to a shower a month ago and the new mom got a swing, bouncer, swing/bouncer, walker, jumper ect. When she asked why a babe needs so much stuff one of the women said, "Whatever it takes to get it to shut up!" Another mom kept calling her 2 year old the devil and was soooo glad she wasn't there. Then when I went to discreetly nurse my 11month old, a mom (whose son is dd's age) exclaimed , "Ugggh! I can't believe you're still doing THAT!"

After all of the horror, and most of the people had gone home, the new mom to be told me how great it was that I was BFing and was asking alot of questions and for advice ect. I was soooo happy!!!

Really. Why do these people have children?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page