Cesarean Section Support Thread August 2005 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2005, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I know On The Fence normally starts these, but since it is the first of September I thought I'd go ahead and start a new thread, so this one doesn't get too long.

So, everyone check in on the new thread! See you there.

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 AM

You should add a link to the new thread. That way everyone will be able to find it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 09-02-2005, 12:19 PM

Being new to MDC I'm not sure how to add the link to the new thread. If anyone can do that or could tell me how, that would be great!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Old 09-07-2005, 03:40 PM

Heyla all!

I didn't see a september cs thread, so I thought I'd post this here...

I had a cesarean with my first baby just five months ago. The incision has healed up really well and I've been doing my "scar therapy/massage" faithfully without a problem, but in the last few weeks I've been getting a nagging ache along the incision area (actually, a little above the incision and only on the right hand side)...in the last few days this ache has been almost constant. It kind of reminds me of the round ligament pain I had during pregnancy.

My doctor said it's nothing to worry about (yeah, it's not her belly!) and I half think it might be due to the fact that my dd tends to kick the right side of my belly in her sleep (and sometimes when she's nursing) but...I'm not convinced that that is the entire answer.

Does anyone have any advice (stretches, topical rubs, massage ideas) for relieving this sort of ache? Or experience with a similar pain along the incision site months after it has apparently healed? I've tried some gentle yoga poses that stretch the ab area and a topical arnica/calendula ointment, but I'm sure there must be other things to try.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List