Britney Spears's 'kabbalah water birth' - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
, but I remember my mw saying that prolapse and incontinence can also occur from the pregnancy itself. Just from all of the weight pressing down into the pelvis. So, just because a person gets a c-section it doesn't mean that incontinence or prolapse isn't going to happen.
#32 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
I had read that Madonna had her first caesarean section surgery because of FTP, and her second for placenta praevia.

But who really knows about these people!

I had also read that most of the caesareans in the celebrity community are scheduled not just for vanity, but because of Herpes outbreaks... , but then I do have a friend who delivered her #5 at home with an unexpected (?how can that be?) Herpes outbreak - ! He is just fine.

Now that wouldnt' shock me. There is a lot of promiscuity in the celebrity world.

Re: tightness of vagina and urinary issues. I had a vaginal delivery... and I was just as tight after as I was before once I healed. I've always been told that I was really snug - not to be embarassing, just stating as a medical thing. And no issues with bladder or urination. And none of my girlfriends who had vaginal deliveries have ever said a word to me about any urinary issues... sounds like hogwash to me.
#33 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 08:20 PM

Sorry I can't think of Britney without seeing the cover of a lad magazine over here with her in all her glory and the headline 'Get a pound of Britney's Pears'

I would love to see someone like her with her pears out and a baby latched on for all the world to see. Hopefully she wil have a waterbirth and talk about it endlessly.

A bit OT but there is a tv presenter here called Davina McCall who is mad about pregnancy and birth. She is very very glam and had her first child at home with a private midwife. And she talks about it endlessly in the media. I love it!
#34 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I had read that Madonna had her first caesarean section surgery because of FTP, and her second for placenta praevia.
I remember her second baby was unexpectedly early around 35 weeks so I could believe placenta praevia that caused an emergency c-section.
#35 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
, but I remember my mw saying that prolapse and incontinence can also occur from the pregnancy itself. Just from all of the weight pressing down into the pelvis. So, just because a person gets a c-section it doesn't mean that incontinence or prolapse isn't going to happen.
That is precisely what I thought...!

Thank you!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#36 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamamidwife
well, it's what the sOBs are telling women. one doc said that he'd much rather see his own wife have cesareans just because of all the prolapse/incontience problems he sees in his practice with older women.

what they forget is that the way vaginal birth is done in our culture is creating more pelvic floor problems, not vaginal birth itself. forced pushing, supine positioning, vacuum extractors, forceps, episiotomy, reaming of the tissues, etc.
Thank you!

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#37 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
It was actually sent to me by my dh, a rabbi, who added a line that he was going to 'bless the tub' before the birth. :LOL).
I give up!

O. K. , Mother to six beautiful children, how exactly does a rabbi "bless the tub" before the birth?

(Because I am a recovering Catholic, I have a picture of a Rabbi bending over a birthing tub, † blessing it...! Sacreligious for sure!)

Hope I did not insult you.

just asking ...

#38 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 09:42 AM

Yeah, I heard she's already signed the papers for a scheduled cesarean. That way, everything can be planned neatly around the schedule book.
#39 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I remember her second baby was unexpectedly early around 35 weeks so I could believe placenta praevia that caused an emergency c-section.
I read placental abruption. But also... it is common in Hollywood to have your c-birth early to avoid the last trimester stretch...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#40 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=Pandora114]yeah I am suprised that she didn't march up to the Elective Cesarian signup sheet and put her name down in big red letters.

I'm glad she doesn't think herself too posh to push

I hope she gets the labour she wants. All women deserve that.

I want the # to her plastic surgeon when she's done. *jiggles her belly pouch that hasn't dissaperared*[/QUOte

what's all the bashing for?? not that i am a fan, but it's kinda cruel for no reason.
#41 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Banned

umm I wasn't being sarcastic.

And yeah I do want the # to her plastic surgeon. My body is abhorant in *MY* eyes. no amount of fitness training is helping.

For cripes sakes, it's MY body I can bloody well hate it if I want to!
#42 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
Even c/s moms should do kegels. Espeically if they labored any first. The body still loosens and opens and thinks it'sgoing to birth vaginally. Something elsea lot of people who have c/s believe (Idoubt anyone around here!) is that you don'thave bleeding post-partum or it's less.I have quite a few c/s friends who will tell you that'snot true either and at least one of them is a Kegel queen because of incontinence.
No problems with incontinence here - at least so far - after three c-sections. But, I have almost no sensation in my bladder right now. The only way I know when I have to use the bathroom is that my incision will start to hurt from the pressure. So, I can well believe the surgery and/or the pregnancy itself can cause problems in this area.

And, I've always been a Kegel queen, so no problem there. I discovered them when I was 17, and have done them regularly ever since.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#43 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM

According to People magazine, it's a definite c/s. Brings back memories of Denise Richards who scheduled hers so Charlie could be there. She went into labor a week early and still opted fr the c/s. My tummy may have always been a little fluffy, but my c/s definitely didn't help!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

#44 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 04:11 PM

Too bad if she isn't having a water birth--would be a great way to help spread the word about less widespread birthing options!

About the incontinence and vaginal birth issue, I remember reading (I forget where) about a study of incontinence in Catholic nuns (who had never had children). My recollection is that their rate of incontinence was the same as the general population.
#45 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 04:25 PM

http://www.oabrelief.com/oab/childbirth-bladder.asp

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#46 of 55 Old 08-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart
Wow, FH, that was fast! You rock!
#47 of 55 Old 08-28-2005, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamamidwife
well, it's what the sOBs are telling women. one doc said that he'd much rather see his own wife have cesareans just because of all the prolapse/incontience problems he sees in his practice with older women.

what they forget is that the way vaginal birth is done in our culture is creating more pelvic floor problems, not vaginal birth itself. forced pushing, supine positioning, vacuum extractors, forceps, episiotomy, reaming of the tissues, etc.
Nice theory, except that it doesn't hold up to scrutiny. A study of nuns who had never given birth found the same rate of prolapse, bladder problems, etc. as women who had given birth!

ETA: Whoops, see other people made the same point. And the moral of the story - read to the end before posting!
#48 of 55 Old 08-30-2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
I wonder if she's gonna poop roses when she pushes?
Because everyone knows famous people are perfect and have perfect births....the trumpets will sound and the "Aaaahhhh" light will shine down while she has a perfect crown over an intact peri.....it could happen! lol But I'm not bitter, (nasty tear, reconstruct surgery, long story) lol
#49 of 55 Old 08-30-2005, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114
I wonder if she's gonna poop roses when she pushes?
:LOL Too Funny!! I bet she thinks she will!!:ROFLOL
#50 of 55 Old 08-30-2005, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
Well Madonna has been intimate with Dennis Rodman, and Denis Rodman's ex wife wrote a tell-all where she describes how she contracted herpes from Mr. Rodman, so I always figured...
#51 of 55 Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 PM

That is what I read...Your version is probably truer, as I have read that most celebrity caesareans are from herpes infections...

#52 of 55 Old 08-30-2005, 11:41 PM

Well, then the stars should hire midwives. We don't automatically section you for herpes.

I always assumed it was for the complimentary tummy tuck.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#53 of 55 Old 08-31-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Nah, I remember when Madonna gave birth the first time - she labored for a long time before the c/sec. I read an interview where she said that she was so shocked b/c her sisters had had natural childbirth and no problems with delivery, and she was scared to death of a c/sec. Yet after 'x' number of hours of labor, she was begging for one. Second one was for a total previa. Yes, I read too many pages of People magazine from the L&D waiting room when I worked nights .
#54 of 55 Old 08-31-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena
I always assumed it was for the complimentary tummy tuck.

:

#55 of 55 Old 08-31-2005, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six
Nah, I remember when Madonna gave birth the first time - she labored for a long time before the c/sec. I read an interview where she said that she was so shocked b/c her sisters had had natural childbirth and no problems with delivery, and she was scared to death of a c/sec. Yet after 'x' number of hours of labor, she was begging for one. Second one was for a total previa. Yes, I read too many pages of People magazine from the L&D waiting room when I worked nights .
What I actually heard about Madonna was that she wanted a home birth, and then when she was being rolled into the operating room, she was saying that she was ready for her nose job.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page