Britney Spears's 'kabbalah water birth' - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one to see this? I got this link from someone who sent it to me for the entertainment value (OK, I'll 'fess up. It was actually sent to me by my dh, a rabbi, who added a line that he was going to 'bless the tub' before the birth. :LOL). Anyway, glad she's planning a waterbirth (if this report can be trusted), but with $3,800 worth of 'Kabbalah water'?!?!?!?! I could think of a lot better things to spend my money on!

Link
#2 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 02:28 AM

I did see this! I picked up US Weekly in the line at the grocery store the other day. It said that she had a team of nurses on call 24-7 because she was so scared about her pregnancy ever since her bleeding episode this spring. And it also said she is scared of the pain of birth, and wants a water birth because it's supposed to ease the pain. And of course the $38oo Kabbalah water...

I dunno, I think she is and I see her going for an epidural at the earliest opportunity. But hopefully I am wrong and her birth will be an amazing, life-changing event for her and we will see greater maturity and depth from her afterwards in her new life as a mother.
#3 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 04:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenlilysmama
I did see this! I picked up US Weekly in the line at the grocery store the other day. It said that she had a team of nurses on call 24-7 because she was so scared about her pregnancy ever since her bleeding episode this spring. And it also said she is scared of the pain of birth, and wants a water birth because it's supposed to ease the pain. And of course the $38oo Kabbalah water...

I dunno, I think she is and I see her going for an epidural at the earliest opportunity. But hopefully I am wrong and her birth will be an amazing, life-changing event for her and we will see greater maturity and depth from her afterwards in her new life as a mother.

Getting an epidural does not make a woman immature...
#4 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 04:52 AM

I could bring her a bunch of bottles of yummy chi-town water for half the price! :LOL
Maybe if Your Dh were asked to bless the water (I'm jewish so I know this is ridiculous)he might be offered a small, but generous honorarium?
If so 3,800 buys a lot of Shabbos Kugel
#5 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoe
Getting an epidural does not make a woman immature...
I think you are reading into this something not there. I think few would argue that Britney's behavior has not been immature. One can only hope that birth and motherhood will be a life transforming experience that brings about a greater maturity.
#6 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Banned

Britney herself has been known as immature. Weather she gets the epi or not doesn't change the point that she's been acting like a spoiled drama queen since her Mickey Mouse Club days.

Hopefully motherhood will straiten her up.

But from the going trend in pop-culture celeb parenthood, I highly doubt it...
#7 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 11:08 AM

Just think of all the icky stuff that'll be floating in that expensive water at the end of the birth... Plain water would have been fine, Britney. *rolleyes* And if she's that terrified of birth, she should spend that money on a good doula. That can do a lot more for the pain than a tub of water.
#8 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Banned

I wonder if she's gonna poop roses when she pushes?
#9 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 11:18 AM

I hope she has a beautiful birth and healthy baby!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#10 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 12:04 PM

It figures that someone would post a cool article about Britney wanting a water birth and people have to pipe in and insult her. At least she is looking forward and trying to find a way to ease the pain of birth. The cost of the water is obsolete IMHO. $3800 is a drop in the bucket for her. If she wants to spend her money on special water, then so be it. Besides how do we know if she has a doula or not? We don't know what other steps she is taking twords her birth.

I really hope her birth goes smoothly. And no matter what happens there is no doubt in my mind that giving birth to her child will have a huge impact on her life. I don't know too many mothers whos lives weren't changed by such a wonderful experience.

Rather people think she is immature or not is beside the point. No one here knows her on a personal level. All people know is what the media presents for us to know. With as much pressure as she is under being in the public eye she is sure to make some stupid immature mistakes.

Also, a quote from PuppyFluffer on being respectful of someone evethough they aren't a member of this community:
Quote:
I think it is fine to speculate about what someone may do but it is against the user agreement to name call or cast suspicion. It is ok to state that you hope someone will breastfeed their child or leave a son intact etc but it is not ok to make disparaging remarks about someone.
#11 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Banned

yeah I am suprised that she didn't march up to the Elective Cesarian signup sheet and put her name down in big red letters.

I'm glad she doesn't think herself too posh to push

I hope she gets the labour she wants. All women deserve that.

I want the # to her plastic surgeon when she's done. *jiggles her belly pouch that hasn't dissaperared*
#12 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 01:30 PM

The article itself is rather distasteful, though, I couldn't expect much more. I'm glad to hear of her birth plans, i've been wondering fora while. I tried to get a copy of People where they did her baby shower, hoping she'd talk about the birth but I went back to get one and found they were replaced with the new week. I'm not so sure about blessed Kabbalah water, but hey, Demi Moore only washes her hair with Evian water. She spends something like $40,000a year to pour wateron her tresses. Maybe Britney should take a hint and have an Evian birth. Think ofthe endorsement deals! Seriously, I thought it kicked @ss that Julia Roberts was planning a home waterbirth for her twins. Didn't turn out that way (I had a feeling it wouldn't as soon as I heard), but it was great to see big headlines about the safety of waterbirth and the sanctity of birth itself. I hope that Britney has a beautiful, life-affirming birth experience. I hope it's blissed-out and that it changes her like it changes all women. I hope she grows up, though a slew of nannies and trainers might keep her immature. Shoot, I'd be a different personwith all that kind of "help", that's for sure!

When I found out she was pregnant, I actually wrote a letter to her about doulas and the power of birth. I never mailed it because I figured it wouldn't get to her. I wrote it in the hopes of telling her that being a young mama can be great and that birth is a view-shatting experience, to be savoredand treasured and fullyexperienced. I wish I'd mailed it. Maybe someone else did though since she's going the water route. The only sad thing is that she's probaly going the water route because waterbirth is "in" right now...BUT...I'm the Eternal Optimist and I say "Right on!". Waterbirth should always be in. Empowered birth should always be "in". So here's to Britney having an awesome birth. Ifwe're lucky they'll film it and it'll be on th einternet 24 hrs post-partum Woudln't it be great to see a celebrity's rockin natural birth? Show people that eventhe posh and prissy can do it, so they can to! (**joking about a video being on the internet, please don't jump me**)

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)
#13 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 05:05 PM

I'm surprised, too. I would have thought shew'd be an elective c-section type, or at least an epidural at the hospital doors type.

I hope it goes well, could be some great publicity for natural birth - because she's not really seen as an alternative hippy type of person.
#14 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM

That is a funny one!
Britney is Britney. Do we know if she is habving a boy or a girl???
#15 of 55 Old 08-23-2005, 07:30 PM

I spent the afternoon at the salon reading trashy magazines. They said that she is planning a C-section.
#16 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 02:03 AM

Just to clarify my thoughts again now that I'm not nak...

I have read and seen many "exclusive interviews" and projects about Britney and feel that yes, she is immature. I think it a fairly accurate perception, because all of these projects have been things that she has agreed to and had power over, and therefore it is how she is choosing to be portrayed. I am not judging her because of that. I think most of us were pretty immature at her age, when we were newly married and only had ourselves to think about. The life-changing events involved with becoming a mother will hopefully bring her to a new level of happiness, depth, and maturity--no matter how she becomes a mother.

I am happy to hear that Britney is planning a water birth. I hope it goes well for her, especially because if it does I imagine she will do lots of interviews about it (since she seems to like sharing the personal details of her life) and it will help to make natural birth/water birth more well-known and acceptable in the mainstream. I also hope that she has good support people with her, because so far she has seemed very fearful of her pregnancy/upcoming labor and that is not the best mindset to go into labor with... it is those fears and the way that she seems a little clueless that made me think she would get an epidural when she begins labor, no matter what her water birth plans may be. If you are not in the best emotional place when you go into labor, if you are not informed and supported and loved by those who are with you, than no amount of water (Kaballah-blessed or not) will ease the fear and pain and all the interventions will begin. It has nothing to do with immaturity, it's just the standard of care here unfortunately. I'm drawing from personal experience, and that's what I meant in my PP although I didn't express it well at all obviously.

So, I wish her a beautiful birth, a healthy baby (to the PP wondering about gender, I read she dropped $10,000 on baby boy clothes only last week) and I also think we are all for spending this much of our time debating over Britney Spear's labor!
#17 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I hope everything works out for her...she can certainly afford any kind of birth she wants...
#18 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM

I've heard the elective c-section story, too--who knows what she'll end up doing! Seems that everyone is reporting that they're planning on filming the birth and having some sort of special about it, though--if that's really the case, I hope she does have her waterbirth, 'cause heck, if Britney does it, then everyone will want to, and that's a good thing, right?

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#19 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenlilysmama
Just to clarify my thoughts again now that I'm not nak...

I have read and seen many "exclusive interviews" and projects about Britney and feel that yes, she is immature. I think it a fairly accurate perception, because all of these projects have been things that she has agreed to and had power over, and therefore it is how she is choosing to be portrayed. I am not judging her because of that. I think most of us were pretty immature at her age, when we were newly married and only had ourselves to think about. !
Yes. I'll confess that I watched her truly dreadful reality show : (which was horrifying but couldn't even be classified as a guilty pleasure) and immature would be a nice way of putting it. I hope she does succeed in her waterbirth but if she doesn't I hope she won't go around putting out the idea that it failed because birth is too hard or something to that effect.
#20 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 07:46 PM

I just read yesterday at the dentist that she has already planned her c-section...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#21 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 PM

the whole kabbalah water thing is interesting, but how on earth would they warm up all that water? I don't think she's planning a waterbirth. Not at all. I don't see her as the type to want something like that. Then again, I'm eager to be surprised!
#22 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 08:10 PM

I also read in US Weekly : that she's already got her c-section planned. It didn't mention any legitimate medical reason for the c-section so I assume it's for her convenience.

Kathleen

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#23 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 08:17 PM

Oh, C'mon, Kathleen, what about the medical "fact" that a cesarean will help keep your girlie parts all tight and young? That you'll never experience incontinence later on if you have a cesarean?

/sarcasm
#24 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 08:40 PM

Yeah...and as an extra bonus, you might be lucky enough to lose all the feeling in those parts. I've got next to no bladder sensation right now, and I'm none too sure what everything else will be like (way too sore right now to try to find out). Why, why, why does everyone think c-sections are the "easy" way??

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#25 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 PM

You get to stay all tight and young AND if you're lucky and rich you can have a plastic surgeon hook youup with a little nip/tuck while they're in there

Namaste, Tara
#26 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 09:52 PM

wanted to add...it doesn't really surprise me that she's already got it all planned out. Didn't her kabballah buddy Madonna also schedule her two sections? Not sure of the details on that, so I may be wrong.

Believe me, having had a section five years ago, I really wouldn't wish it on anyone and I think it totally sends the wrong message to her young fans. Not to mention marrying a man who left his very pregnant girlfriend and his other young child also send the wrong message, but that maybe another topic

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#27 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamamidwife
... what about the medical "fact" that a cesarean will help keep your girlie parts all tight and young? That you'll never experience incontinence later on if you have a cesarean?
Seriously, pamamidwife, is that true?

I have had four homebirths, vaginally, and I am now in the menopause, and I honestly do not have any incontinence problems......kegel,kegel,kegel...

But for most women, is that true? Just asking, not wanting to hijack the thread or anything...
#28 of 55 Old 08-24-2005, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrum97
Didn't her kabballah buddy Madonna also schedule her two sections?
I had read that Madonna had her first caesarean section surgery because of FTP, and her second for placenta praevia.

But who really knows about these people!

I had also read that most of the caesareans in the celebrity community are scheduled not just for vanity, but because of Herpes outbreaks... , but then I do have a friend who delivered her #5 at home with an unexpected (?how can that be?) Herpes outbreak - ! He is just fine.
#29 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice

I have had four homebirths, vaginally, and I am now in the menopause, and I honestly do not have any incontinence problems......kegel,kegel,kegel...

But for most women, is that true? Just asking, not wanting to hijack the thread or anything...

well, it's what the sOBs are telling women. one doc said that he'd much rather see his own wife have cesareans just because of all the prolapse/incontience problems he sees in his practice with older women.

what they forget is that the way vaginal birth is done in our culture is creating more pelvic floor problems, not vaginal birth itself. forced pushing, supine positioning, vacuum extractors, forceps, episiotomy, reaming of the tissues, etc.
#30 of 55 Old 08-25-2005, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Even c/s moms should do kegels. Espeically if they labored any first. The body still loosens and opens and thinks it'sgoing to birth vaginally. Something elsea lot of people who have c/s believe (Idoubt anyone around here!) is that you don'thave bleeding post-partum or it's less.I have quite a few c/s friends who will tell you that'snot true either and at least one of them is a Kegel queen because of incontinence.

On another Kegel note: nobody talked about Kegels for years. My mom had four kids, we each wereborn with the "help" of an episiotomy and now my mom has incontinence issues. She said she wished someone had told herabout Kegels years ago. She was in awe watching the nurse do perineal massage to me when I birthed my first. She had no idea that a perineum could be saved like that. I feel bad for her. anyway, that's all off-topic

Namaste, Tara

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page