Where were you born? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I am bored as DH is out of town again got to love the military I also have a fevrish vomit smelling 3yr old laying in my lap... good thing he is a little guy...

so where were you born any where intersting.... was your birth different the the standard birth... tell me I want to know...
:

Me born in Lawton Oklahoma in the entrance of the emergancy room 10 weeks early weighing in at 2lbs...

Dh standard birth in houston tx... Although his little 4ft mama push out a 10lb baby with a HUGE head...

DD Clarksville Tn ..standard teenage birth.. I had no clue and did as I was told...

DS Lakenheath England... 25 minutes after I got to the hospital he was fast and furious. I didnt even really push........

ok enough your turn
#2 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:01 AM

me-hospital, in FL my mom was 17, 1984

dh-his mom delievered him inside her house, and was cut with his fathers razor blade to help him come into the world...Somalia(Africa) 1975
#3 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:03 AM

I was born in Anniston, Alabama in an army hospital with a doctor who was being investigated for malpractice. I almost died from maconium asperation. Moved to MN at age 1.

Dh was born in Bemidji, MN and lived up north for all of his growing up.

Ds1 and dd were born at a hospital with one of the best OB's in MN (with ds1 ended up with preclamsia because nurse would not let me push when I said I had to and was over drugged with epidural with dd that tapped into the spine....very severe both times; was on bedrest, was induced, was scared, had epidurals)

Ds2 at a hospital with a midwife (diagnosed with hypoglycemia and watched my sugar levels, no bedrest, water broke at home, unmedicated birth with no interventions : )

Future children at home with midwife or unassisted

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#4 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena1984
me-hospital, in FL my mom was 17, 1984

dh-his mom delievered him inside her house, and was cut with his fathers razor blade to help him come into the world...Somalia(Africa) 1975
WOW now that is interesting about your DH...I hope is good to his mama...
#5 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:11 AM

I was born in Hinton Alberta. It started normal, but after 26 hours of labour, they figured I was breech and my mom was sent for an emergency c-section (this was 33 years ago). The doctor (in bloody scrubs) went to tell my dad (in the waiting room) about the baby (me) and my dad passed out....he thought we were dead

I was sunny side up and I have a scar in my eyebrow where the doctor cut me during the c-section. It was the long, down the belly cut

Probably why he got to name me

DH...not many details as he was adopted. Normal vaginal birth by teenage mom in Alberta.

DS...I wanted all natural, ended up with 'non-emergency c- section' due to failure to progress. After 30 hours of labour I was at 4 cm. My water had been broken (naturally) for 14 hours.

DD was scheduled c-section. Decided at 37 weeks with my VBAC hero OB (he gives talks to other obs about the benefits of a vbac). It was a horrid ordeal....hence why *I* got to pick her name

Both children never dropped. It turns out my lower uterus never developed and strethched with both pregnancies.
#6 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

I have never heard that before about the uterus not stretching.... Interesting
#7 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmom02
I have never heard that before about the uterus not stretching.... Interesting
Me neither I looked 9 months pregnant at 6 months. There was just nowhere for them to drop to. With both I carried very high (they needed forceps and the ped leaning on my belly to get DD out )

It is a genetic thing. My mom was told her pelvis was too small. She had the same problem.
#8 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Wow that doesnt sound very fun at all.... I swear my DS was wraped around my spine.... I had the smallest bell when he was born at 36 weeks....... now DD I looked like I was having triplets..... and she was all of 6lbs...
#9 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 AM

I was born in a hospital in Normal, IL. Drug-free, but they made mom lie down. It was a quick labor, 5 hours for a first isn't bad. They used forceps though, because the doctor said something like "you're doing great, just another 1/2 hour" and my mom said "another 1/2 hour!!!!?1?!?!" so he figured she was getting hysterical and pulled me out. So, she hemorrhaged, and got an infection, and had to be on antibiotics for a week. I had a wierd shaped head, and chronic ear and sinus issues. I was nursed until 22 mos when my dad talked my mom into weaning against her wishes, a month later had the first ear infection.

DH was born at home in San Diego. His mom went so quickly and comfortably that the midwife missed the birth by 10 minutes because she got stuck in traffic. Same thing happened with his sister, only it was in Idaho with a different midwife and it was a storm, not traffic.
#10 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:39 AM

I was born in Southern CA natural bradley birth at a hospital...my parents intentionally arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes before I was born

Dh was a planned C-section in TX.

DS #1 was a drug-free hospital birth in TX.

DS #2 was a drug-free hospital birth in WA.

DS #3 was a drug-free hospital birth in MD.
#11 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 01:40 AM

I was born in Wimbledon, England. Pretty standard VBAC.
#12 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:06 AM

i was born via a scheduled c section in sf in june of 1967
dd was born at the same hospital by emergency c section
her father was born somewhere out side jinotepe, nicaragua in 1963 in a stable. kind of like jesus
#13 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Jannan that is a different place to birth... In a stable..... Interesting
#14 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:24 AM

I was born in Denver, Colorado in the hospital after a 49 hour and 53 minute labor (and most of it hard labor.) The most amazing thing: my mom had NO drugs on board for ANY of the labor!

Dh was born in Kennewick, Washington.

Dd was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Mama of three.

#15 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:27 AM

Me- I was born in Worcester, MA. I was breech, so my mom had a c-section.

DH- He was born in Fier, Albania. I don't know much about his birth, but it was vaginal and he was 8lbs, 8 oz and 22 in.

DD- She was born in Worcester, MA. Awful induction, emergency c-section. Very bad birth experience :'(
#16 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:46 AM

I was born in A hospital Jackson Michigan a 3day labor 12lbs 13 1/4 oz 24inches long...and My mom didn't tear :LOL

DH was born in a Hospital Grand Rapids Michigan 8lbs 8oz (to his 5ft tall momma) something like 4hours of labor

Ds1 born in the same hospital I was. 44hrs of induction ending in a non-emergent c/s for Failure to progress 10lbs 2oz 22inchs long

Ds2 born in the same hospital I was. Planned VBAC talked (read manipulated) out of it by a scardy pants OB afraid of a big baby. Said DS wouldn't fit through my pelvis...used a vacuum on the back of his head and dug ds out of my pelvis during surgery. 10lbs 7oz 14 3/4inch head 14 1/2 inch chest. 22inches long.
#17 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

WOW your DS2 was a good size boy...
#18 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmom02
WOW your DS2 was a good size boy...

fairly average for my family. I'm 5ft 10in. My sister is 5ft 4in both her dc's were 9.5 lbs and 22 and 20in respectivly. Both born sunny side up no problems. can't imagine I would have much of a problem if DS2's big ol pumpkin head was already molded to a point before ever laboring.

We'll find out next time homebirth all the way baby :LOL
#19 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 02:59 AM

I was born in Humbolt Co in cali regular hopital birth, my mom had 21 hours of labor I was 5LB and17inches long

DH was born at home in Mexico

Ds#1 was born in a hospital with only 6 hours of labor, 7lb 11 oz and was 21 inches long

Ds#2 was born c-section, he was breech and it was fast, cuz after my water broke, within an hour I was 8 cm dialited he was 7lb 15 oz and 21 1/4 inches.......
Our next one will be born at home!!!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#20 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 03:07 AM

I was born way up north in Yellowknife, NWT, Canada. We actually lived in a small town near the arctic circle in a vilalge with ten houses and lots of igloos. Mom was flown to Yellowknife to have me. Laboured for four days and finally had a c-section. I was almost 9lbs. She is 5 feet.

DH was born in Havre De Grace, MD. Standard hospital birth. 7lbs

DS was born in Japan, unmedicated hospital birth, almost 3 weeks "late" all pruny and shriveled - 8.5lbs

DD was born UC in our car (in Sicily) after a VERY FAST labour right next to a Sicilian orange grove. We pulled over and I had her! - 9.11lbs

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#21 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 03:26 AM

My ex-DH's birth is a great one. Long...but the punchline is great.

Ex-MIL is in labor, and it's really going fast. She was only 21 and when she had her first at 18 he was born in less than 3 hours. So I guess they called emergency, and she said she was pacing around her living room, and there were firemen, and policemen and paramedics all over the place, and she didn't want anyone to see her naked so she refused to take her panties off in front of anyone. The paramedics finally got everyone out of the house and she let them examine her. They took a look at her turned to ex-FIL and said, "your wife is going to have this baby here in the living room, there is no time to get to the hospital." Well being the early 70's ex-FIL freaked out and somehow managed to get the paramedics to try and get her to the hospital in his panic. So they lived in SF area and the hospital was accross the San Mateo Bridge. They didn't make it to the hospital. She in fact, gave birth to my ex-DH right smack in the middle of the bridge. The ambulance driver pulled over the ambulance on the bridge, jumped out, assisted the paramedic in back, before driving off to the hospital. So when it came time to file the Birth Certificate the baby was born right on the city line, the bridge is the border, so instead of a town name it say 'En Route' on his Birth Certificate.

I'm not making this up, my ex was born in En Route, California. : The fact that it's a true story makes it even funnier.
#22 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Enroute now that is funny...... :
#23 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 04:17 AM

Dh was born in Omaha, Nebraska in 1969. He was 11 lbs

I was born in Eugene, Oregon in 1976. I believe I weighed 8-7

Ds was born in Albany, Oregon in 1991 weighing in at 9-11

Dd was born in Albany, Oregon in 1993 weighing in at 9-10

All of us were born in hospitals. Though I did labor much of the time in water with Ds, which was cool.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#24 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

I should have gotten to labor in the water but the stupid nurse did not believe that my little belly was really 36 wks so she had to call in the head doc.... then My cord prolapsed and my son was born cord over his head with out me even really pushing... the midwife came in and i was on my left side and she had to catch him bare hands and all...... she didnt even have any shoes on...SHe was sleeping they didnt tell her I was there as they did not believe me.. He popped out a healthy 7lbs 8 oz 4 weeks early.. he was a bit blue from cord compression but he was fine in the end. He is 3 now
#25 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 06:04 AM

I was born in a 10 room rural hospital after a full week of hard labor. I was only 4lbs, but I was still a high forceps delivery because my mom couldn't push me through her pelvis effectively. They couldn't believe I was so small because she looked 9 months pregnant with twins by the time she hit 6 months. (I inherited that tendency. yeah me)

My dh was nearly 10lbs, vaginal birth, and his mom nearly died (or they did actually lose her, not sure) during his birth. She never had any more children because the labor was so bad for her.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#26 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadmaMorgana
Me neither I looked 9 months pregnant at 6 months. There was just nowhere for them to drop to. With both I carried very high (they needed forceps and the ped leaning on my belly to get DD out )

It is a genetic thing. My mom was told her pelvis was too small. She had the same problem.
Lightbulb moment here. That sounds exactly like my mom and me. Both of us show incredibly early (like being in maternity clothes within the first 6-8 weeks), carry very high and out, have histories of endo and scarring (mine was concentrated heavily on my lower uterus and cul-de-sac (lower pelvis). I was only 4 lbs, and a high forceps delivery (in a labor length that would never be allowed now). My ds never dropped at all. Both of us have been described as having a very small pelvis.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#27 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 06:49 AM

Lubbock, TX. My dad always referred to it at "a pimple on the a$$ of America."

We didn't stay long.

DH was born in Jackson, MO. His mama was put under "twilight sleep" back in 1965 with her first son, and it made her crazy, so she avoided the hospital for as long as possible the second time. She said they tried to start the medication when she finally arrived, but she was already pushing him out.

Side note: the nurses told her she had to wipe her nipples off with alcohol pads before every nursing session. So she had to get up, go to the sink, wash her breast, and use an alcohol wipe every single time. Sheeeeeesh.
#28 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 07:32 AM

I was born at the hospital- my mother was induced because the dr. was going on vacation and needed me out before he left. My mom always told me how horrible her first deliveries were- because the medical community was so dr. focused. She told me about being shaved, having an enema, and being in a non- gravity assisted way for the pushing. She also formula fed my older sister and myself. By the time my younger brothers came around, my mother and my stepfather became hippies and my brothers were born in much more mama focused manners. My youngest brother was born in a family friends living room! My mom had just gone to the dr. for a visit, everything looked fine so they were driving home and decided to vist with an old family friend. While there my mother ended up delivering her last child on the woman's couch By this time, my mom had also learned the benefits of breastfeeding so my brothers were both breastfed. My older sister and I were born in South Jersey (65 and 67) while my brothers were born in rural Maine (74 and 77).

My husband was born in Maine in 68. His mother was older, 35, when she had him, an only child. I know he was born at a hospital and his mom was in labor for some 30+ hours (she- pleasantly- reminds him of this on each birthday).

Alicia DH Mike DS Gage Lola & Zeus Fishy Dishy, Charkey and Shark
RIP Sidney 1994-2010 RIP Charlie Brown 2008-2010
#29 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 09:01 AM

I was born in Florence Or

DH Everett Wa

DS1 Bend Or

DS2 Springfield Mo

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#30 of 70 Old 09-25-2005, 10:21 AM

I was born at MCV, on a stretcher in the hallway, as my mother was being wheeled into the operating/delivery room. That's how fast and easy her deliveries were, not even time for any drugs or other interventions, and I was her first! Back then, they were still delivering babies under twilight anesthesia. Then she went home immediately afterwards, while they kept me in the nursery for 24 hours observation. Luckily for me, both of my grandmothers were working there as nurses, and I was held almost the entire time instead of being left alone in a bassinet in a room full of other babies.

My husband was born in the hospital here where we live, while his mother was knocked out cold. They broke his collar bone forcing him out of her birth canal, so it's probably a good thing she can't remember it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page