Cesaren Section Support Thread October 2005 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 153 Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread is for support only and not to debate the necessity of cesarean birth. This is a place to moan, complain, bitch, mourn, share the joy, thoughtful decision, cesarean birthplans, etc. and all are welcome!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 153 Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Checking in!
I am 13 weeks post c-sec, no pain around my incision. I think I've healed quite well, and have just been given the go ahead by my new OB to ttc! Yeah!

#3 of 153 Old 10-03-2005, 06:56 PM

Checking in. I am about 12 weeks past my first c-section with a second birth. My incision "looks fabulous" according to my midwives and ob. Slight numbness still but not much.

I am starting to feel pretty good about myself regarding the surgery but not so much when I think about the fight I am going to have on my hands when I want a VBAC in the future.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#4 of 153 Old 10-03-2005, 07:35 PM

Checking in. I'm about 23 months post-c/s and w/ the eception of having some itching and other hard to describe weirdness around my incision around af and ovulation, I'm feeling pretty good. I think my c/s scar is actually less noticeable than my stretch marks.

We're ttc#2 and I'm planning a hospital (my only option) VBAC with a midwife/OB group. Let's hope the hospital remains VBAC friendly between now and then!

Anyone here from OnTheFence recently? I know she was affected by Katrina in Mississippi?
#5 of 153 Old 10-04-2005, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's_Mamma
Checking in. I'm about 23 months post-c/s and w/ the eception of having some itching and other hard to describe weirdness around my incision around af and ovulation, I'm feeling pretty good. I think my c/s scar is actually less noticeable than my stretch marks.
I am 12 days shy of 12 months post c/s #2. I have the itching and wierd AF too..

Quote:
Anyone here from OnTheFence recently? I know she was affected by Katrina in Mississippi?

I just popped over to Kim's blog.. they are all quite ill at the moment.

Kim, if you pop in.. we are all thinking of you!!

Chantal
#6 of 153 Old 10-04-2005, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Checking in !
I haven't been on here in a while, I got a little busy at home :LOL
I am 7 months (tomarrow) post c-sec #3. Lillian is doing well and growing - she almost weighs as much as my 2 year old, only 4 lbs lighter. I am thinking she is goinign to have mommas bug build instead of being tall and skinny like her dad and sisters.

Hi to all the new people on this thread, and Kim we are thinking of you!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#7 of 153 Old 10-04-2005, 01:26 PM

Checking in. I'm now 10 weeks pp. I'm doing okay, and Evan's growing like a weed. I'm glad breastfeeding wasn't compromised by my section, because I can't even imagine what formula for this child would cost!! (Well - and I hate the stuff.)

The incision's totally healed - the infection didn't put me behind schedule by much. I still have a lot of bad days, but since dh is now willing to at least consider one more baby, I'm doing a bit better. Of course, then there's the matter of trying to have a VBA3C!

The numbness is driving me crazy, but at least I've experienced it before, and am quite sure it will pass. The screwed up bladder sensation and generally "weird" feelings in my pelvic area are starting to really piss me off, though.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#8 of 153 Old 10-04-2005, 01:27 PM

Hope we heard from you soon, Kim - I'd just assumed you were busy with the little ones.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#9 of 153 Old 10-05-2005, 01:17 AM

subscribing.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#10 of 153 Old 10-05-2005, 11:53 AM

checking in! Six months to the day post-c/s...still have those funky pains along the right side of the incision and some numbness in the middle, but the scar is pretty minimal at this point. Here's hoping yoga and scar massage will keep the healing going!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#11 of 153 Old 10-05-2005, 12:56 PM

hey all! checking in...im 16 mos post c-sec. and i too had the wierd numby feeling..but its gone away. but who here still has a "shelf" belly? :LOL im pre-pregnancy weight already but my belly creases where my scar is and i have a poochy belly...wish i could fix that? : the scar looks fantastic, but i have to lift up my loose belly look at it! :
#12 of 153 Old 10-05-2005, 04:05 PM

One year and 3 weeks post c/s due to "failure to progress" while baby was swimming in merc. I was stuck at 4cm for 3 hours.

Another pooch belly, and still numb. Scar is minimal.

Heading to my OB on the 26th. At my 6 week apt PPD, I was told no vbac was possible. Going to raise the issue again and see why not. If they say no again, I'm going for a 2nd opinion at another practice. We hope to start TTC again in January.

I'm afraid of another c-section. But I want more kids.
#13 of 153 Old 10-06-2005, 03:14 PM

Amber - I feel like i have the same story almost down to the dates. My dd was 10 days late and born 9/9/04. I got stuck at 4 cm for hours. My medwife finally called the ob in for a c-s and told me later on that my pelvis was too small and that "next time we will schedule a c-s and have a birthday party." Uhm, no! I'm getting a 2nd opinion also.

Proud mommy 9/2004 ribboncesarean.gif , 11/2007 vbac.gif, 2/2011 ribboncesarean.gif
ICAN of New Jersey --> find 2010 NJ hospital birth stats here!

#14 of 153 Old 10-06-2005, 09:14 PM

Does anyone else have major tenderness at ovulation? It started after my second c-section, when I ovulate, my lower abdomen is soooo tender, it's not like the egg passing through the tube, it is much lower down, thoughts? I mentioned it to my Dr. prior to my last pregnancy, and he offered to put me on the pill : .

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#15 of 153 Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 PM

Yes! I have unbelievable tenderness during ovulation. Yet my menstrual cramps are completely gone.

I`m Claire and I read these all the time but never post. I`m 27 months past my 1st section. I had a crazy hb transfer vaginal hospital birth with my 1st, my second had a severe birth injury and he passed away when he was 7 weeks old. Also a vaginal birth. My third could only be a section and it was actually a wonderful experience. I had the best birth of all 3 with my section, but I know that`s because of my extreme circumstances. Anyway I hope to have another section one day, believe me I wish it didn`t have to be this way, but I am just making the best of my situation.

Is that ovulation tenderness a bad thing?

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#16 of 153 Old 10-06-2005, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux
Is that ovulation tenderness a bad thing?
That is what I want to know, so far I have only gotten the offer for the pill to "help" me, thanks anyway Doc. I have a feeling that it is not a good sign, but can't seem to get a real answer. I am concerned b/c I did NOT have it after my first section, then I apparently did not heal properly after my second section leading to a premature "opening" of my incision line with my 3rd pregnancy. So, I want to know what this tenderness means. I am almost 2 years out and it is not any better. I also no longer have period pain (since having my first child).

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#17 of 153 Old 10-06-2005, 11:10 PM

I have extreme tenderness and pain at ovulation.. Some months I need to take pain medication for it.. I nearly double over.. but my cramps have gotten lots better..

I forgot to ask about it at my 6 month pp visit.. I am going again in Dec, I think, for a 1 year.. and will try to ask then..

If I think about it.. I worry.. so I have been trying not to worry

Liseux.. I am so sorry for your loss

Chantal
#18 of 153 Old 10-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Thank you Chantal.

I just read everything I could find about the ovulation pain and supposedly the blood & fluid that comes out when the egg is released irritates the backside/interior of the abdominal cavity. Maybe b/c we were opened up our interior lower abdomen is now more sensitive? Nothing I have read tonight says its a bad thing. I have an appointment on Monday and I will ask & get back to you ladies if I hear something new.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#19 of 153 Old 10-07-2005, 12:47 AM

I've got abdominal tenderness this time, which I never had with my other sections. But, I'm only a little over 2 months pp, so I don't know if it's going to end up linked to my cycle or not.

#20 of 153 Old 10-07-2005, 05:08 PM

I am almost 6 months pp from my last c-section. I had a c-section with all three of my dc and thinking about having one more baby.

Karen
Austin Tyler 1-14-98 Andrew Dallas 6-27-01 Alana Elizabeth 4-14-05
#21 of 153 Old 10-07-2005, 05:25 PM

Karen: Welcome! You're in the same boat as me that way. The jury's still out on baby number four. DH is very reluctant to go through another pregnancy with me, and I can't blame him. My emotional state with my last was pretty ugly. I just don't seem to be able to wrap myself around my sections.

I'd originally intended to get a midwife and try for HBA3C with my next...but now I'm having second thoughts. For the first time, I'm realy starting to think about the possibility of UR. I know it goes up with each section, and I'm not exactly young. My next would definitely be my last, and I just couldn't bear to lose it due to my birthing choice. (I'm not saying that I'd be okay with losing any baby, of course...I don't know if I'm expressing this well...just can't quite imagine deciding to go ahead with my last baby and then losing it because I was so hellbent on experiencing a natural birth...I don't really think that would happen, but...what if??) Maybe I really need to get my mindset into "at least I have my babies"...

#22 of 153 Old 10-08-2005, 07:33 PM

Just looking in to see what the future brings. I am 5 days post C/S (due to fetal macrosomia possibly caused by undiagnosed gestational diabetes, it was scheduled and a difficult decision to make) and doing pretty well. DD and I are getting the hang of nursing. On Thursday in frustration I asked DH to get me a bottle of formula (we have a million and one samples that he hid in case of an emergency) He told me no! He is so great, he knows I wouldn't forgive myself, and hey, things are much better now! (I put in a call to the DOH because they had someone visit in the hospital and said they provide free lac. consultants that come to your house. I left a message and they never called me back! Thank goodness we got through it on our own).
I cry from time to time about my lost natural birth, but for the most part I am just busy enjoying my new daughter!
#23 of 153 Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 PM

Hi Karen! Welcome. I will most likely also be planning a c/s birth when we decide it is time for our next child. I just can't put myself through another birth that doesn't end in a vaginal birth again..

Hi Kristen! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!! Be easy on yourself! Give yourself time to heal and to grieve. Don't hold it in.. find someone who will understand and listen. Allow yourself to forgive yourself. Many s for you!

Chantal
#24 of 153 Old 10-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint
Does anyone else have major tenderness at ovulation? It started after my second c-section, when I ovulate, my lower abdomen is soooo tender, it's not like the egg passing through the tube, it is much lower down, thoughts? I mentioned it to my Dr. prior to my last pregnancy, and he offered to put me on the pill : .
Your ovaries and tubes are actually much farther down than you might think. I always felt it when I ovulated (it's called "mittleschmertz" or "middle pain"), from the very first time. Only my mother believed me, because she had always felt it, too. The pain was *very* low, about even with my hip socket, usually unilateral and somewhere between my hip and belly button. It's hard to describe the position, but I could point to it. Lots of women feel it when they ovulate, but the majority don't.

I can think of lots of plausible explanations as to why you might be more sensitive to the pain of ovulation after a c-section. I don't think that it's anything to worry about, unless the pain is debilitating. For me, it was usually some achiness surrounding a sharp pain; the achiness could last up to eight hours, the sharp pain was usually 45 minutes or less. I haven't felt ovulation since my son's birth, though; I think that my body was just less sensitive to the hormones and the pain after the hellish ordeal that brought my son into the world. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#25 of 153 Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint
Does anyone else have major tenderness at ovulation? It started after my second c-section, when I ovulate, my lower abdomen is soooo tender, it's not like the egg passing through the tube, it is much lower down, thoughts?

I think it would be nice to have a signal for when you ovulate! Not that the pain or tenderness would be fun. But it would be great for either birth control or if you are trying to get pregnant!

#26 of 153 Old 10-10-2005, 10:09 AM

I do find it useful now that I am avoiding pregnancy, but when I was TTC #3, it was really painful to have sex during that time. My main concern is wondering if it signals a problem that I should know about.

#27 of 153 Old 10-10-2005, 10:01 PM

Hi everyone!
New here with a question if you all don't mind!

I had dd by c-section a year ago. Ever since then if I bend over for too long, it hurts to straighten myself back up. I have to do it VERY slowly.

Normal? I would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks so much!
#28 of 153 Old 10-11-2005, 10:40 AM

welcome monkeyfeet, karen, and kristin!! kristin congrats on your new little one!

monkeyfeet~do you think it might be from the epidural or spinal they gave you? i know that that happens for me, but i have a yucky back anyway..herniated disk, displaced sciatic nerve.... : or maybe its from bending over to pick up your baby bundle..my doc says you're supposed to bend w/ your knees like when you pick up a box..HELLO! when im swooping up my little one, i never think of doing that way...oh well...

we've been toying w/ the idea of having a third, but i really want another vaginal birth! i've had one of each now and carson's c-section delivery was from the cord being wrapped around her neck twice and causing decel's w/ every cntxn, so im a good candidate for a vbac...but in MS they don't really do those...and they don't have birthing centers or midwives near me. there's a midwife about 2 hrs north of me and a center that will do a more natural birth 2hrs east of me...i spent all day yesterday on the computer trying to find legislation information that would tell me that vbacs are either frowned upon but you could find a dr. to do one, or if they're just flat out illegal...its kinda frustrating!

kelly
#29 of 153 Old 10-11-2005, 12:51 PM

Kelly (Monkeyfeet) ~ I had a c-s a year ago and in Aug, my back suddenly started hurting really bad. I went to the chiro (who has always helped me before) and nothing! I went to my regular doc and I got meds but they didn't help so I stopped taking them. I finally started in physical therapy a couple weeks ago and that's been helping. Apparently, my muscles were very weak, leading to the pain. I really wonder if it was related to the epidural though.

Proud mommy 9/2004 ribboncesarean.gif , 11/2007 vbac.gif, 2/2011 ribboncesarean.gif
ICAN of New Jersey --> find 2010 NJ hospital birth stats here!

#30 of 153 Old 10-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Hi!

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. My first 2 were amazing homebirths and I'd do that again in a sec, except for 4th degree tears following both (including hospital transfers and a 3 day stay after baby 2 b/c of blood pressure issues, but anyway...)

So I'm exploring my birth options for this baby's birth, consulting my midwives, a few OBs, you all... Still no firm decision but as I explore the idea of having a c/s, I'm deeply concerned with having/creating a birth experience that is beautiful and memorable, one I can happily tell to this wee one inside me.

What can I do to help create that experience? Is it even possible? What experiences did you Mamas have? Did anyone do anything ahead of time --or at the time-- that really enhanced the surgery into a BIRTH? Thanks for your help and ideas. My 2 toddlers are currently wreaking havoc so I'll check back and write more when I can.

Cara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page