Has anyone ever tried using homeopathy (Pulsatilla) for breech baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-29-2005, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just wondering if anyone here has any experience with a breech baby, using the homeopathic remedy "Pulsatilla 30" - I have a friend who is due in another 2 weeks, breech baby, my mom does homeopathy and suggested this, and I am just curious about it and interested in some first-hand experiences.

Thanks!!

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#2 of 9 Old 10-29-2005, 09:01 PM

I used it twice - never did anything though. I have however, heard many positive stories from other people who say it helped them.
#3 of 9 Old 10-29-2005, 09:14 PM

I've currently been using pulsatilla to turn my babe, since Tues. So far, the babe is still breech. I just switched to a higher dose, so we'll see what happens.

Jenn, perpetually tired mom to DS(9): DD(4.5): DD(2) :
#4 of 9 Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 AM

I used it for my transverse baby (it worked at the last possible minute.) The interesting thing is that it's my constitutional remedy- the one that seems to fit most of my ailments most of the time- and also his.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#5 of 9 Old 10-30-2005, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting, thanks. My mom is on some sort of homeopathic listserv, kind of like MDC, I think, and she posted the question there as well. Apparently several people responded and said they had about 75-85% success rate using it which seems really amazing to me. I sent some to my friend and I think she plans to use it, which will be neat to see if anything happens for her.

Flapjack, that's interesting that it's your constitutional remedy too. Cool!

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#6 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 01:55 AM

My midwife used it to turn my posterior babe, and she did flip in labor--but flipped back for her birth.
Like flapjack it is my constitutional remedy also, although not dd's.
#7 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 AM

I heard wonderful things about Pulsatilla as well. It can not hurt mom or babe so I do not see why not to try. ANIKO
#8 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 08:44 AM

I used it along with seeing a chiropractor, but neither did any good, but I have a bicornate uterus so that is probably why.
#9 of 9 Old 11-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used it and a bunch of other techniques so I'm not sure which one worked. My daughter turned head down and stayed that way. I did Webster technique (chiropractor), pulsatilla, I put a bag of frozen peas over my upper belly (on baby's head), played loud annoying music with headphones on my upper belly, and DH talked soothingly to my lower belly telling baby to turn. So who knows which one worked! Oh I also laid upside down on an ironing board propped against the couch.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page