I really want to have my baby- today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The reason is that dh has this week off work- he is covered by coworkers- we will not be so lucky next week.
This is my due date.
We have had sex the past two nights- the first night- the next morning I woke up- with contractions about 20 mins apart- and lots of cervical pain.
Then it stopped( it went on for about 2 hours)
Last nights try produced nothing.
Any ideas or suggestions? I am due today.
The baby is past 0( WAY DOWN) and I was 80% effaced 2 weeks ago. This is a homebirth with a midwife.
Thanks
Emilie
#2 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 04:30 PM

I had read your thread in TAO and I think it just sucks about your dh's situation at work. It's only natural that if you both want him to be there for the birth and post partum then he should be there. It's too bad the situation is putting pressure on you (not to mention you sound mentally ready already! ) and on babe to arrive right about now.

I honestly don't want to say "go walk 5 miles" because you don't want to tire youself out and then go figure labor would start and you'd be exausted for labor. But walk if you feel like and really try to rest up when you can (I know mama that's hard with a little one and dreadfully uncomfortable). Keep having sex.

I'm personally not into "natural induction" methods like tinctures and so forth so I dont' feel right in suggesting those things.

Go ahead and hit me, : baby will come when he/she is ready to. Sending vibes for it to be really, really soon!
#3 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

No- I absolutely agree- baby will come when ready- I just want to encourage more than anything- and no- I would not try the tinctures- etc unless it was medically neccesary- to move things along. Which it is not- I just want dh to get to be here!!! Regardless he will be here for the birth- but I want him to enjoy the baby high with me and her! To top things off fil and fil's girlfriend are coming to visit Friday- which from the beginning I asked them not to....
RESPECT is a definite issue there.
Anyhow- I am going to walk this afternoon- and then just let nature take its course. she is showing all the right signs...
I am so excited to meet her!
Emilie
#4 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 04:53 PM

Another voice to say that babies come when they're ready.

-Angela
#5 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

THanks for the encouragement!!!
I need to reinforce my own beliefs on myself!!!
Emilie
#6 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 06:18 PM

non-herbal/medical ways of inducing.. (some are old wives tales)
drive down a bumpy road
nipple stimulation (when you're having sex make sure hubby is spending plenty of time on those nips!)
spicy foods
walking
a cube of raw potatoe in a cup of cumin tea (no clue really, but it's a Mexican midwives tale from my understanding)
Blowing up baloons (supposedly builds intra-uterine pressure so baby is more applied to the cervix)
hot/cold on the fundus
swinging
You may give accupressure to the area of "Spleen 6", four fingers above the inner ankle on the shinbone. It is a tender spot and you may want to research this to do it correctly. Do this three times, 10 or 15 seconds at a time, resting in between, repeating every few minutes.
enema (but that's probably more invasive than you want)

Hope baby comes while daddy is home!
#7 of 11 Old 11-16-2005, 11:51 PM

sex worked for us

I know there are a few homeopathic remedies that are supposed to kick labor into high gear, though I can't remember what they're called, and you might want to give the midwife a call beforehand to be sure she's ready

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#8 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 02:36 AM

Try holding onto a coffee table and squatting. It works great. Good luck mama! I'm sorry about your dh's job situation.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#9 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Meeting midwife this morning for some homeopathics..,.. still not sure if that is the route i want to go- she is the one who brought it up- so I think she has her reasons.
Thanks I will keep you all posted- prayers please
Emilie
#10 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 11:32 AM

You could also consider a few acupuncture sessions. My friend's got going after 2 of those.
#11 of 11 Old 11-17-2005, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

I have decided that the main reason I chose a homebirht is because I wanted it to be about me and what I wanted- not what others wanted. Which would be the fact that my fil chose to visit the 18th- too bad for him if he misses the baby.
So we are going to let it ride....
I feel much better
Emilie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page