breach birth and compression of brain membranes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all... this is a story from my past, but I think it's very relavant right now.

My mother started to go into labour around 38 weeks, before I had turned. She actually had an appointment with an OBs the morning she started to feel heavy contractions, made it to the appointment, and he turned me (I think with his hands) and helped my mom deliver me vaginally, head first. This was the great grusome hospital miracle "the doctor saved my mom from a c-section" story I grew up with.
However...
In a recent meeting with my Osteopath this information came to life and she was very concerned. She felt around the outside of my skull and belives this early trama caused the membrane sack around my brain to compress on the left side. Aparantly this imbalance was throwing off my growth (my right leg is much shorter than my left), my posture (I sit with a tilt), and my capasity to deal with emotional stress. I've had debilitaing anxiety attacks since adolencense, and had never found any therapy which really helped. I've lost many relationships, frineds, dropped out of school a few times, needed to leave jobs, and spent a few months bordering on suicidal not leaving my apartment more than twice a week. About a year ago now my osteopath played with the pressure around the bottom of my skull, and in my ear canal, and made a tiny adjustment to the plates of my head... I haven't had even a hint of an anxiety attack or depression since. Certainly I've had emotional monements (My wonderful condiderate warm partner and I are eagerly expecting our first child in late December)... but it now it seems I can be upset, cry a little, get a hug, feel better, and go about the rest of my day. This is an Increadible change for me.

Within a few months of my child's birth, s/he is being brought to meet our Osteopath. Babys are prefect subjects for them to work on... they are loose and cooperative and haven't yet learned how to stubbornly hold on to their trama. Birth is natural and we are nearly all strong enough to deal with, but it is also hard and potentially tramatic. But you can bring you baby to someone who can spot and actually fix the effects of that trama before it starts to determin the course of their lives.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page