Natural Family Living Cesarean Resource Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, Reading Hippy's cecarian birth plan just made me realize how much I missed out on that I could have controlled with simple requests. I never expected to set foot in a hospital though, let allone have a cecarian birth. I am greatfull though, without it neither DD or I would be here right now. ( her cord was arround her neck up high near the placenta, essentially she was on a leash. I was pushing so hard that the cord was actually begining to detatch from the placenta, that's when her heart rate went up & my midwives told me it was time to go to the hospital.) I think maby it is important to be prepared for anything. I certainly was not prepared to go to the hospital. The hospital staff was very understanding and accomidating of us, realizing that we were not your average hospital birthers. I was worried that they would give me a hard time about sleeping with her, but they actually encouraged me to "snuggle closer." I did miss out on allot though, I spent recovery by myself, was anisteseised in a room of strangers. Was able to have my husband with me but not my midwife. I did not have my baby to hold for two hours after her birth, they took her to the nursery for everything. Daddy was with her anytime I wasn't at least, he got to carry her from the operating room to the nursery. They let me see her & touch her face breifly (for like a millisecond!) But it wasn't untill the next day that I realized I had never even held her skin to skin, I had simply been holding this bundle of blankets I had been handed. I think next time I will have a B plan too, incase I can't VBAC.

Elisha; happy, working, mountain/river/music, single mamma to Charlotte hearts.gif 03/16/08.      http://rivermamma.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 AM

I'm so glad I found this.. I might have to have a planned c section due to my low placenta and I am so upset about this. Seeing these stories makes me feel a little better, like I can have more control...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
Banned

Thanks for all sharing helpful source. it's useful information.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM

The Essential C-Section Guide: Pain Control, Healing at Home, Getting Your Body Back, and Everything Else You Need to Know About a Cesarean Birth

While it doesn't address vbac, this book is good for planning/recovering from a necessary c/s. It demystifies the surgery and surgical prep, provides information with a generally positive "you can do it" attitude, and is upfront with the challenges faced during recovery. It especially good for women who have never had surgery since the authors have BTDT and aren't medical professionals...so they know the sorts of questions/fears a woman facing surgery has along with the more "becoming a mom" questions/fears.

It also covers emotional recovery and provides a section for partners... how to help their partner during and after the delivery, what to expect/what they'll see during surgery, etc.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List