Things that hurt worse than labor - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 156 Old 03-13-2006, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A tonsilectomy at 19 - a week of pure heck

But hands down for me is anything KIDNEY related. I can't pass a stone, my body just can't do it. Infections, stones, procedures they're all 1000000 times worse than childbirth. The worst? Last May I knew I had several stones, a fever of 104 and they told me to wait in the ER. I was so weak I layed on the floor and just shook from the fever. Several other people waiting told off the intake nurse and I got in and was admitted for 10 days. 5 stones and 3 surgeries later I went home. NOTHING will ever be worse than those 10 days. NOTHING. I had 4 days I was delerious in my bed begging for morphine. That's all I remember.
#152 of 156 Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 PM

I was reading a medical journal a few years ago and they monitored the brainwaves and pain indicators in people in a variety of situations. Apparently the only two things which consistently rated more painful than labour were amputation and nerve damage.

Having said that, my afterpains with baby #2 were much worse than the labour. Nothing has ever come close to the pain I had during baby #1's labour, though. My mother was with me for both births and she's only seen one person (dying, but subsequent amazing recovery) in more pain than I was for my first labour. I saw that person too (but not at their worst) and it was definitely worse.
#153 of 156 Old 03-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I've heard they're much worse with second and subsequent children, though. True?
For a few months after the birth of our 2nd *this* was the very reason I told DH to get a vasectomy (he didn't, though). The thought of afterpains was too frightening!
#154 of 156 Old 03-13-2006, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Didn't read through all of these yet, but here's mine:

Headache from spinal menengitis - ouch! And it lasts for 2 weeks!

Anything dental.

Spraining ligaments in your knee & chipping bones.

Mastitis

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#155 of 156 Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 PM

I can think of many everyday things that hurt worse than labour, but for me labour was relatively painless (drug-free and completely natural). I think it's all in how you manage your "pain".
Honestly, what hurt most in relation to birthing my dc was the two weeks afterwards of stinging pain everytime I peed all over my teeny tear.
#156 of 156 Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 PM

Since Christmas I think I have experienced food poisoning twice... I thought I wanted to die each time... it hurt so bad. My brother said not to focus on it, and I remembered that idea from child birth... I said if it isn't child birth I shouldn't have to use that technique... At anyrate, being sick like that hurt my entire insides way worse than giving birth.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page