article: Home Births Appears Safe—If Not Safer—for Low Risk Women - Mothering Forums
Birth and Beyond > article: Home Births Appears Safe—If Not Safer—for Low Risk Women
aisraeltax's Avatar aisraeltax 12:51 AM 02-25-2006
Im uncertain of the etiquette on here re: outside articles, but my dh emailed me an article published on beliefnet.com. the article is located here: http://www.beliefnet.com/healthandhe...&WT.mc_id=NL44

I dont really know anything about this publication (it comes to Fidelity employees through their insurance provider) but kudos to them!!!

although some of the statements are questionable, the conclusion (for low-risk moms at least) is cool:

"In light of the well-established risk for complications among high risk women, a new study published in the June 18, 2005 issue of the British Medical Journal focused solely on home birthing outcomes among low-risk women in North America. They found that for these women, medical intervention rates were substantially lower for home births than for hospital births, and that mortality rates were about the same in either location."

Up