Gwenyth Paltrow had baby boy by planned c-section... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Birth and Beyond > Gwenyth Paltrow had baby boy by planned c-section...
JesiLynne's Avatar JesiLynne 07:05 PM 04-10-2006
baby moses

BTW I was bfeeding on demand and ds2 was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks

terrabella's Avatar terrabella 10:31 PM 04-11-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayasMama04
at least this baby isnt named after a fruit..sorry that just bugs me lol
Why? I think it's a lovely name. Besides, her daddy picked the name, and I think that makes it all the more delightful.

I am amazed at how judgemental many MDC mamas can be when it comes to celebrities. It looks just terrible! Where does it come from? Jealousy or just mean girl syndrome???
grisaleen's Avatar grisaleen 11:57 PM 04-11-2006
I always thought it was a nice name. Don't know why everyone makes fun of it so much. We name children after flowers (Lily, Rose, et al) but fruit is off limits? There are no rules.
2Sweeties1Angel's Avatar 2Sweeties1Angel 12:09 AM 04-12-2006
I would think there would have to be some form of CIO if the woman has the baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Oh well.

Wow, that was rude. All 3 of my children started sleeping through between 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't dream of letting any of them CIO. Some babies are just wired differently.
Kathryn's Avatar Kathryn 12:58 AM 04-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel
I would think there would have to be some form of CIO if the woman has the baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Oh well.

Wow, that was rude. All 3 of my children started sleeping through between 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't dream of letting any of them CIO. Some babies are just wired differently.
It wasn't meant rude at all. This nanny is hired for 6 weeks usually to help with pp care. Normally, nannies like these have ALL babies sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. Not very many babies are like that, thus the thought of "there must be some form of CIO". The stuff she was saying about babies need to know they aren't the center of the universe doesn't help me think any differently as well.
AutumnMama's Avatar AutumnMama 01:05 AM 04-12-2006
I think the reason that most people are feeling critical about the Nanny is because, in that article/interview it sounded like getting a 6 week old newborn to sleep through the night is standard procedure when she's 'on duty'.

Yes, there certianly are exceptions, I don't think anybody is trying to say that NO babies EVER sleep through the night on their own at 6 weeks. But I think we all can agree that for the most part, most babies do not, and it would take some form of CIO to force the ones who wouldn't naturally sleep through the night at that stage to do so.

(ETA: Kathryn and I were writing at the same time, apparently I'm a little slower than she is )

Kathryn's Avatar Kathryn 01:13 AM 04-12-2006
Hey, great minds think alike. That was exactly what I was saying.
Emilie's Avatar Emilie 01:50 AM 04-12-2006
oh my.
liseux's Avatar liseux 03:54 PM 04-12-2006
I hate to be a hater, but there is a copy of the May Ladies Home Journal next to me with an interview with Gwyneth`s mom,Blythe Danner & that`s pretty close to the source IMO. She says G & her brother were always picked up when they cried but that G & her nanny believe Apple would be spoiled if they did that. Its all about "self soothing." Her mom says G sat outside the nursery door crying rather than pick up the baby. Next time you`re in line, look at this magazine. It was a sad article, it bothered me for days.
orangebird's Avatar orangebird 04:43 PM 04-12-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux
I hate to be a hater, but there is a copy of the May Ladies Home Journal next to me with an interview with Gwyneth`s mom,Blythe Danner & that`s pretty close to the source IMO. She says G & her brother were always picked up when they cried but that G & her nanny believe Apple would be spoiled if they did that. Its all about "self soothing." Her mom says G sat outside the nursery door crying rather than pick up the baby. Next time you`re in line, look at this magazine. It was a sad article, it bothered me for days.

Emilie's Avatar Emilie 06:14 PM 04-12-2006
terrible...
Leilalu's Avatar Leilalu 06:26 PM 04-12-2006
well, I had a very medically nessecary c-section with ds after attempting to VBAC. And I may need to have a third someday.

I dunno... I will always love Gwyneth Paltrow She just seems more REAL to me than so many other actresses. Besides that, I really prefer British acting Anyway- I agree it is very personal. Who knows the reason. People can also be misinformed on things. Until we really know the truth, we are bound in doing things the wrong way. Everyone is at a different state of learning in life. Just because she is crunchy in one area, doesn't mean she knows everything! Maybe she got a mainstream nanny -maybe she wil do better this time around? I know I learned so much with my second- I do things so differently now!
1  2

Up