Gwenyth Paltrow had baby boy by planned c-section... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 04-10-2006, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
baby moses

BTW I was bfeeding on demand and ds2 was sleeping through the night at 2 weeks
#32 of 42 Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayasMama04
at least this baby isnt named after a fruit..sorry that just bugs me lol
Why? I think it's a lovely name. Besides, her daddy picked the name, and I think that makes it all the more delightful.

I am amazed at how judgemental many MDC mamas can be when it comes to celebrities. It looks just terrible! Where does it come from? Jealousy or just mean girl syndrome???
#33 of 42 Old 04-11-2006, 10:57 PM

I always thought it was a nice name. Don't know why everyone makes fun of it so much. We name children after flowers (Lily, Rose, et al) but fruit is off limits? There are no rules.

Lisa - dd 6-06
#34 of 42 Old 04-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Banned

I would think there would have to be some form of CIO if the woman has the baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Oh well.

Wow, that was rude. All 3 of my children started sleeping through between 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't dream of letting any of them CIO. Some babies are just wired differently.
#35 of 42 Old 04-11-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel
I would think there would have to be some form of CIO if the woman has the baby sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Oh well.

Wow, that was rude. All 3 of my children started sleeping through between 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't dream of letting any of them CIO. Some babies are just wired differently.
It wasn't meant rude at all. This nanny is hired for 6 weeks usually to help with pp care. Normally, nannies like these have ALL babies sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. Not very many babies are like that, thus the thought of "there must be some form of CIO". The stuff she was saying about babies need to know they aren't the center of the universe doesn't help me think any differently as well.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#36 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 12:05 AM

I think the reason that most people are feeling critical about the Nanny is because, in that article/interview it sounded like getting a 6 week old newborn to sleep through the night is standard procedure when she's 'on duty'.

Yes, there certianly are exceptions, I don't think anybody is trying to say that NO babies EVER sleep through the night on their own at 6 weeks. But I think we all can agree that for the most part, most babies do not, and it would take some form of CIO to force the ones who wouldn't naturally sleep through the night at that stage to do so.

(ETA: Kathryn and I were writing at the same time, apparently I'm a little slower than she is )
#37 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 AM

Hey, great minds think alike. That was exactly what I was saying.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#38 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 AM

oh my.
#39 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 02:54 PM

I hate to be a hater, but there is a copy of the May Ladies Home Journal next to me with an interview with Gwyneth`s mom,Blythe Danner & that`s pretty close to the source IMO. She says G & her brother were always picked up when they cried but that G & her nanny believe Apple would be spoiled if they did that. Its all about "self soothing." Her mom says G sat outside the nursery door crying rather than pick up the baby. Next time you`re in line, look at this magazine. It was a sad article, it bothered me for days.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#40 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseux
I hate to be a hater, but there is a copy of the May Ladies Home Journal next to me with an interview with Gwyneth`s mom,Blythe Danner & that`s pretty close to the source IMO. She says G & her brother were always picked up when they cried but that G & her nanny believe Apple would be spoiled if they did that. Its all about "self soothing." Her mom says G sat outside the nursery door crying rather than pick up the baby. Next time you`re in line, look at this magazine. It was a sad article, it bothered me for days.
#41 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 05:14 PM

terrible...
#42 of 42 Old 04-12-2006, 05:26 PM

well, I had a very medically nessecary c-section with ds after attempting to VBAC. And I may need to have a third someday.

I dunno... I will always love Gwyneth Paltrow She just seems more REAL to me than so many other actresses. Besides that, I really prefer British acting Anyway- I agree it is very personal. Who knows the reason. People can also be misinformed on things. Until we really know the truth, we are bound in doing things the wrong way. Everyone is at a different state of learning in life. Just because she is crunchy in one area, doesn't mean she knows everything! Maybe she got a mainstream nanny -maybe she wil do better this time around? I know I learned so much with my second- I do things so differently now!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page