How can I love my vagina again? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 05-29-2006, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one kegeling right now? Thanks for the reminder!
#32 of 55 Old 05-29-2006, 04:14 PM

I'm so glad I saw this thread under "new posts" -- here's hoping I actually can post now, since I keep losing connectivity for some reason.

Yes, to the odd queef and lots of observed changes during sex, but especially yes to this description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup

Emilie, about the farts: Yes, I fart differently. It's annoying and goes along with the noisy punani. Instead of it rolling backward, it now rolls forward. So it either makes more noise than it used to or goes up inside me and then I queef later. (Or does it count as a queef if it actually started as a fart?)
Oh my gosh, this is so EXACTLY true for me. And I have described it repeatedly to my husband, perplexed as to how it can BE. Why does the wind blow FORWARD, now? (And, TMI warning........................................... .................................................. ......wiping is different, too. I mean, WHY? It's like my cheeks are somehow closer together and there's less surface area or clearance in the middle or something. But for whatever reason, cleaning up takes a whole lot longer and is more involved. Grrr.)

But yes, now much of the time my vagina rattles and reverberates when I fart. Sometimes it's sensation-only (a silent breeze in my own private vibrating glade) and sometimes it's a total amplifier for the sound. And it becomes a flappy, flappy noisy frontways fart. Bizarre. I'll even have an initially silent fart that goes forward and then gets all like a whoopy-cushion effect when it hits the labia. Yes, bizarre to experience. When it's the sensation-only (soundless) kind and the air just goes up into the vagina (to be released later, augh), I sometimes have the sensation that it's like sudden bubbles going up into an aquarium. It's so disconcerting to feel that!

(Of course, this sounds like I fart constantly! Not so much, but the difference when I do....man.)

I didn't know anybody else had experienced the forward farting. As well as the new types of sound-effects during sex.... I'd mentioned these things to two different midwives during exams, and they seemed mystified.

Aware of myself standing, I'd say maybe it's because my vagina/pelvic floor has dropped lower in front? And something about the orientation of the pelvis? Maybe it all makes sense, but it's not something I was expecting and it can be super annoying.

So reassuring to read this thread (and even more reassuring since I know you IRL, teacup. How weird is this?)
#33 of 55 Old 05-29-2006, 07:40 PM

Tighten up the muscles you would use to stop your flow of urine. You will feel your vagina and anus squeeze together as well. This is the action of the pubococcygeus muscle (PC for short) that holds up your vagina, rectum and uterus. Squeeze it and hold it whenever you think about it---no one can tell when you do it. I try to do some at a stoplight and hold it tight until the light turns green. This is an exercise you can continue for the rest of your life, not only to keep your pelvic floor strong, but it will increase your sexual response as well! The PC muscle is loaded with nerve endings and when it is tighter, it comes in contact with the penis more completely, resulting in greater pleasure. For more specific details on this exercise, check out Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon. It gives great ideas on variations of this technique. Or, send me a private message with your email address and I can scan and email these pages to anyone who wants them. Hope this helps.
#34 of 55 Old 05-29-2006, 08:40 PM

Man, I'm glad *I* have never done any of these things how embarrassing!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#35 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 05:09 PM

ooh!

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#36 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 06:56 PM

well i have queefed, squeefed and made all sorts of noises and baby has not yet come down the chute so i have no excuse! yeah, i just laugh. i mean really what else are you going to do! i can't wait until baby arrives now!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#37 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoppressed MAMA Q
hi, joining the club.

this is why i have decided that, if i ever get with a different man, he will really have to 'GET IT'. the kind of guy who reads 'cunt' (you should read this book, OP), and attends 'take back the night' marches.

ideally, he will have witnessed birth in some way or another, as a grown up. no more jocular little punks.

i am currently partnered with the same guy that knew my body before it hosted two humans. i have the queefy noises too. i am getting over it. he has helped, one time i had the biggest air bubble fart thing in the world, and i was so not ok with it. i almost let it wreck an otherwise fun romp. and he was so cool, he was very clear about the fact that he really didn't care about it at all. the shoe was kind of on the other foot, really, *I* was the one who was all turned off and he was really encouraging me not to care.

i think we should start wearing 'i have a big noisy cunt' t-shirts. i only want from here on to attract partners who can not only appreciate that fact, but respect and uplift me as i use my big floppy cunt as a tool of connection and unsilencing.

PPFFFFFFFFFPFT!
omg!! lmao!!!
here i thought i was the only one whenever it happens i quickly tell my dh that it wasn't a toot!(i will not toot in front of him)
#38 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 07:19 PM

My vagina before I gave birth was tight and not fun: She started to loosen up over time, but was never quite right until I had my son last year. She still has tendencies to be overly-tight, but not to the extremes it used to be. It is a surefire thing that if I climax, I will queef and sometimes "squeef" ( never heard the word before now but have had it happen for years LOL ). The worst postpartum thing for me was healing and worrying about my stitches and not being able to even touch my vagina for like two weeks I'm not looking forward to that again... Oh well.
#39 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 07:30 PM

This is the funniest post ever.

Yup to the "forward farting" here, which (as described) creates a bit of a queef effect or the silent retained forward fart to be let out later (sometimes noisy, mostly not).
No true queefs though, other than one position during sex. But, my vagina queefed in that position before DS was born too. I figured it was just normal!
I kegel like crazy!
#40 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 07:38 PM

LOL funny Mammas!
#41 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 PM

add me to the club...

and yes, my fave position causes all sorts of air to go up in there, and it has to come out, obviously.

my kegel muscles seem to be shot....my tampon actually slipped recently...not good. i try to kegel, but i cant seem to do it more than twice or so, not good and strong anyway. i also have a hard time telling if i'm doing the right muscles

my dh never th ought anything about the noises....they just come with the territory...
#42 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 08:14 PM

oh, and we call it a vart....vaginal fart = vart
#43 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 08:24 PM

This is a hilarious thread. I'm totally :

yurika47- thanks for the hilarious laugh. That's so cool.

I've been queefing now and then just walking around at 4 weeks postpartum. Uh, whatever. I'm having the weird forward farts too, talk about weird sensations!

I'm pretty happy with my body right now, feeling curvy and sexy but darned if it isn't hard to find jeans that fit. Not all petite women are bony, some of us have awesome curvy hips from birthin' babies.
#44 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 PM

after my first baby, I constantly had air shifting forward and back for weeks, just sitting and standing. after baby 2 i dont remember it being so horrible, but maybe iwas just used to it.
#45 of 55 Old 06-14-2006, 10:20 PM

: : Just finding this thread again! Oh, it feels so good to feel normal again. I have experienced pretty much everything on this thread.

Blessed mama of four
::
#46 of 55 Old 06-15-2006, 07:24 AM

I am totally cracking up right now!
#47 of 55 Old 06-16-2006, 05:32 PM

I am so glad someone told me about this thread..it has made me feel better about my vagina

I queefed every once in awhile in a certain position before kids...so that's not a big deal..ebarrassing..yes... It's the new look and feel that I don't like..I do kegels like crazy!!!!
#48 of 55 Old 06-18-2006, 04:33 AM

I really hate doing kegels! But if it would help sex be good again... I wish there was something else I could do. I used to run miles before I got pregnant, now a year later I can barely run a mile without having to pee or I leak all over myself. Also I have to clench up real hard when I'm going to sneeze or else... you know...

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

#49 of 55 Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 AM

This thread has made me feel like 1000 times better! I thought something was seriously wrong with me! I can't even go swimming without pool water sloshing in and out of my vagina--it is sooooooo annoying : and the chlorine burns my insides . I have to queef the water out when I get out of the pool--yuk. Kegels do seem to be helping slightly though. You mammas rock--thanks for the best laugh I have had in ages!
#50 of 55 Old 06-18-2006, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurika47
So a friend was reading this thread and called me to laugh (essentially at me) because I recently told her a similar story.

And I thought this make some of you ladies feel a little better considering the fact that I have not had any children.

It so happens that my favorite position is also the same position in which it's easiest for air to sneak it's way into my vagina. So after sex in my favorite position, I have a tendency to deflate. Which was really embarrassing the first time, but now it's just funny.

In fact, the first time it happened I giggled, which made me release another queef, and then I giggled again, and queefed again, and giggled again, and queefed again, and then broke into hysterical laughing as I continuously queefed until all the air was released.

My most recent story, which is why my friend is currently laughing at me, happened the other day. When getting out from my favorite position, I squeefed. What is a squeef you ask? It's when you expell air at such a rapid pace that you actually shoot your lover's semen back at him (in particular, on his left leg). Sometimes I like to refer to it as payback.

So ladies, there's no need to be embarrassed. Sex is just funny. Consider the faces we make and the noises that come from our vocal cords, the humor in sex is all part of the fun of it. And I'm pretty certain, without doing a poll, that every woman has queefed at some point or another whether they've had a vaginal birth or not. And I'll be damned if I have to give up my favorite position just because of a little pussy fart. I understand that getting used to a new body/vagina may be overwhelming but in times of embarrassment just remind yourself "Well, at least I didn't squeef."

: :

ahhh thank you mamas.

i couldn't help thinking of that John Leguizamo thing: "She's taaaawking to you, honey..." (has anyone else seen this??)

and as for kegeling: i kegel like mad, every single day, and have been since my son was born ~ and i still queef. Every Woman Is Different.

i agree with -- was it Unoppressed Mama? -- who said that if you're with an Enlightened man, he'll understand.
#51 of 55 Old 06-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Banned

here's an easy way to practice or find kegels:

pee, and while peeing, stop the flow of pee. those are the right muscles.

then, practice whenever you can. seated at the computer keyboard for example.
#52 of 55 Old 06-18-2006, 08:09 AM

: OMG : I needed this I can finally type now the tears have stopped flowing : I to always have to rush to assure dh that it wasnt a toot : I used to queef before dd to so it isnt that new but when u r in a intimate situation it can be very :

So glad I found this thread this morning :

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#53 of 55 Old 06-22-2006, 11:07 PM

: this.thread.is.fabulous.

Jessica, CNM placenta.gif+ DH geek.gif + sweet boy (4/06) jog.gif
#54 of 55 Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 PM

We need a new emoticon. KAK kegeling at computer.
#55 of 55 Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 PM

This is hilarious and SOOO true! I'm not sure if it started before or after babies but it is REALLY annoying especially in DH's favorite position. Also, sometimes if you try to hold it in and not queef it's like being pumped up with a bicycle pump and can start to hurt! Then you get this really embarrassing QUEEF.

I'm glad to see this thread - I'm not the only one!

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page