All children by C-section tribe )_( - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1132 Old 02-18-2007, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to share my birth plan with you all. My first c/s was emergency and not planned, obviously. Since I had such a hard time with DS because of my narrow pelvis, this c/s is planned as the safest birth for us.

Pippa will be here in just 7 weeks and 5 days--Yippee!

So, here it goes. BTW, this is heavily taken from someone else's plan. I am so sorry that I didn't keep the author's username, but it was Amy and Bill.

Before the Birth
• We prefer that Kevin be present for as much pre-surgery preparation as possible.
• Megan does not want any preoperative “calming” medications administered.
• Megan would like the catheter inserted after anesthesia is given.

During the Birth
• We would like Kevin to be in the operating room before surgery begins and be present for the birth.
• We would like to have the procedure described to us as it progresses.
• If at all possible, we request that a pillow be put under Megan’s head for comfort and so that she can have a better view.
• Megan does not want to have her arms strapped down.
• We do not want forceps or vacuum extractor to be used to deliver Baby, unless there is an emergency.

After the Birth
• We are refusing the application of antibiotic ointment to Baby’s eyes.
• We consent to the administration of oral vitamin K, but do not want any other vaccinations given to Baby in the hospital.
• We request that the newborn evaluation occur in the operating room.
• We request that Baby be weighed and measured either in the operating room or in the recovery room, so that Megan can be present for this event.
• We request that Baby not go to the nursery after delivery. Instead, we request that she stay in the operating room with Megan, wrapped in warm blankets, held by Kevin, unless there is a significant medical reason for her to go to the nursery.
• We request that we go straight from the operating room to our own room, not spending time in recovery first.
• We request that our son, parents, and friends present be able to see Baby in our room as soon as possible.
• If time in recovery is mandatory, we request that Baby and Kevin accompany Megan to recovery. Megan would like to “carry” Baby to recovery, if possible.
• We would like to begin breastfeeding Baby as soon as possible after birth (preferably in the operating room, but at least in the recovery room).
• Megan does not want Vicodin and prefers Percoset, if necessary.
• We request that the catheter be removed as soon as Megan is able to walk to the bathroom.
• We request that Megan be allowed to eat, after the delivery, as her body requests, without restrictions.
• Megan and Kevin request that they be present for all exams, tests, and procedures done on Baby.
• We prefer that Baby stay in the room with us at all times, unless there is an emergency or we request she go to the nursery. Please perform all procedures and/or pediatric checks in our room.
• Our son Corbin is eagerly awaiting the arrival of his new baby sister, and we request that he be able to visit (under adult supervision, of course) as much as possible.
• We are planning to stay at the birthing center only as long as necessary to ensure the health of mom and baby.

If Baby Requires Care in the Nursery
• If Baby needs any immediate medical attention and must leave the operating room or recovery, Kevin will accompany her to the nursery or any medical facility she may be transferred to.
• We plan to breastfeed Baby exclusively, therefore, please do not offer her anything by bottle, including glucose water and/or formula.
• If there are concerns regarding breastfeeding and/or supplementation, advice will be sought from a lactation consultant before decisions on feeding are made.
• If Baby is able to suck, all feedings will be done at breast, if possible.
• In the event Baby needs medical attention after delivery and cannot breastfeed, we prefer that she be given mom’s expressed breast milk.
• We would appreciate being included in all discussions and decisions regarding our baby’s care. We understand that in an emergency situation this may not always be possible.
• If Baby must be in the nursery, Megan would like to visit her as soon as possible.
• Please do not perform any non-emergency procedures (such as hearing tests, weighing, measuring) on Baby without Megan or Kevin giving consent. Megan would like to be present for as many of these as possible.
#422 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Has anyone been able to immediately breastfeed their baby or have their baby on their chest after a C-section? I think I really dislike that period post-op where they just sort of stick you in a room for a while. I want my baby in there with me (of course if she/he is healthy) but wondered if others had this experience and could share how they convinced their OB to let them feed in that first bit of time.
#423 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
SMR

My baby never left us during/after my c-section. They held her up once she was born and took her over the the 'check out' area?? (i dont know what to call it.. the warmer?) after they checked her out they wrapped her up and gave her to DH... (who I told to immediately wipe that gook out of her eyes!! as the midwife handed him a towel)then as they wheeled me to the recovery area she was in my arms! Once we got to the recovery area she was able to start nursing right away.. so probably within half hour of birth? It takes time to stitch you up... I'm thinking they wouldnt allow the baby to be put on the mothers chest immediately..you are pretty numb and shaky (i was anyway).. all in all my c section wasnt the horrifying experience I imagined it would be. It wasn't planned and I'm still on the fence about how my next kids will enter the world... I'm thinking I'll try a vbac... but defintately NOT labor for 10 days before going under the knife! haha

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
#424 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful Bee View Post
Has anyone been able to immediately breastfeed their baby or have their baby on their chest after a C-section?
There was a post, prehaps it was in this thread, I don't recall, where a woman in Australia convinced her OB to let her break the sterile field to help pull her baby out and up onto her chest. The mom had be scrubbed up and completely sterile ahead of time, of course.

I was allowed to BF DS while still in recovery, but that was only because we knew one of the L&D nurses who brought him and DH to me. This time we are in a different state, different hospital. I'll let you know what the OB says after my next appointment when I show her my birth plan.
#425 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 PM

While my DD was in the NICU, there would have been no problems with me breastfeeding her after the surgery. I was able to raise the head of my bed and could have, had she not been in the NICU. The LC came and saw me about 3 hours after my surgery and got me going on pumping.
#426 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Has anyone been able to immediately breastfeed their baby or have their baby on their chest after a C-section? I think I really dislike that period post-op where they just sort of stick you in a room for a while. I want my baby in there with me (of course if she/he is healthy) but wondered if others had this experience and could share how they convinced their OB to let them feed in that first bit of time.
I BF as soon as I was in recovery in both of my last births - two different hospitals in different states. I think I would have w/ my first, but she went straight to the NICU. W/ my second birth, I was pretty dopey and groggy, but I was still able to hold her and BF her. I actually remember wondering if it was safe because I was still shaking so much and didn't feel like I could hold her securely, but it worked. W/ my last birth, I was very alert, and I didn't feel great, but I was ready for her as soon as they wheeled me back into my room.

DH and baby stayed in the OR while they stitched me up. But I feel pretty bad right after they take baby out, and I usually just close my eyes while they finish up. That's one thing that helped this time, to know that I wasn't going to do my best bonding when I was still on the table. It was ok, she was in good hands w/ my DH, and in my arms as soon as I was able.

CorbinsMama - your birth plan sounds great! Make sure you ask your OB if your DH can be in the OR during the spinal too. Sometimes the OB will say yes, thinking only of the surgery, and then you find that the anesthesiologist won't allow anyone in during their part of the procedure. That happened to me all three times. However, I could plan for it the last time and be ready. This time my OB was there as well, and that made a huge difference - the previous time it was just me and some guy I'd never laid eyes on putting a needle in my back. Not cool. If your DH can't come in, I definitely recommend asking your OB to be present.
#427 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carouselrider View Post
CorbinsMama - your birth plan sounds great! Make sure you ask your OB if your DH can be in the OR during the spinal too. Sometimes the OB will say yes, thinking only of the surgery, and then you find that the anesthesiologist won't allow anyone in during their part of the procedure. That happened to me all three times. However, I could plan for it the last time and be ready. This time my OB was there as well, and that made a huge difference - the previous time it was just me and some guy I'd never laid eyes on putting a needle in my back. Not cool. If your DH can't come in, I definitely recommend asking your OB to be present.
That's a great suggestion! Thank you for that. I had my epidural after I had pitocin last time, and DH was present for the epi. Of course, we were still in my room, not in the OR. I wouldn't have thought of that and I would feel weird, like you said, with just me and some guy putting a needle in my back!
#428 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 06:02 PM

There was no recovery room for me. I was taken immediately back to the room I'd been laboring in as soon as I was stitched up. It was an awesome room with a futon, glider rocker, bathroom with hot tub, TV, nice decor, etc. They took my baby away immediately because they thought he had aspirated meconium, and then once I was in my own room I was in so much pain that I requested that they not bring him until I had had more painkillers. I didn't want to be hurting so much when I held him for the first time.

Anyway, after all that, I held him for the first time about an hour after delivery, I think, and nursed him a little while after that. I'm hoping this time, with a planned section, there will be no delays (and maybe the post-op pain won't be so bad).
#429 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 06:08 PM

I know a woman who nursed her baby while being stitched up after her c-section... it was a planned section and she made sure the surgeon and everyone else knew ahead of time that this was what she wanted. I'm going to talk to my ob about this next week. Before hearing this, it never occurred to me that it would be possible to do this before speaking with her.

The hospital where I'll deliver (the same one where this other woman had her baby) is quite progressive. For both of my other two kids I was never separated from them at all, my dh was with me for the entire duration of all procedures (spinal/epidural included) and I was nursing both of my kids within 45 minutes of their births. The hospital also has automatic rooming-in for the baby (unless there is something wrong) and provides extra cots in private rooms allow for husbands/family/other support people to stay for the duration of the mother's hospital stay... I had assumed all of this was fairly standard, but after reading other peoples' experiences I feel quite lucky.
#430 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Weird, at my hospital, they never attempted to separate DH and I. He was there the whole time, spinal and all. I would have really fought to have him there. They had DH go around the table to hold my hands and help me stay still. They had him give me a big bear hug and hold me tight.... The spinal was when I got very scared, and his big brown eyes really calmed me down.

The prep nurse wanted me to take my contacts out, but the anteh.. had no problems with that.

I did not go to recovery, I went straight back to my room.
#431 of 1132 Old 02-19-2007, 10:30 PM

With my first one they did wheel me back into my room, but I had been laboring in there for days so that made sense. With my second baby I swear they put me in a closet alone with some woman who was on the phone freaking out about her cat. I was alone because my second needed to visit the nicu so of course my husband went with him. My third was scheduled and my OB was incredible, but I didnt think to ask her to let me nurse while being stitched up. I have other problems with the anesthesia that may prohib this from working (it wears off very fast if it works at all and the final stitching is quite painful for me). However, I am trying for my fourth and of all the things that make me cry it is that moment in the birth shows where the baby comes up on the mom and she gets to see him all goopey and catch that first glance into his eyes. Then getting to breast feed him/her right away. Oh yeah, I also have a strange thing for the weighing with the blanket and the hanging scale. Who knows why!!! LOL

Anyway, keep the stories coming, I feel like knowing the possiblities in other areas is really helpful to my trying to gather my thoughts on this pregnancy and delivery. CorbinsMama, thanks for posting your birthplan, it is terrific!! Smart move on the cathetar AFTER the spinal, I mean shouldnt that be an obvious one? I had to basically refuse on my last one.

On another note, I found a great post-delivery gift pack for Mom's on the Earth Mama Angel Baby site, it is all natural and put together to make the c-sec mom feel special, and honored. I was happy to see it and if I do get pregnant and end up with another section, I will treat myself to it just to support the company and the product. :-) Im not sure if I can post links on here, but they have an ad in the back of this month's mothering mag.
#432 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
.... I have other problems with the anesthesia that may prohib this from working (it wears off very fast if it works at all and the final stitching is quite painful for me). ....
Oh my gosh! I'm not the only one! I have that too. Very high resistance to anesthetia, drugs, etc. My first c-sec was torture, I felt EVERYTHING on the inside. The second one I started feeling on the skin first just after they pulled DD2 out and the nurse anesthetist was telling the dr YOU BETTER HURRY UP SHE IS GETTING FEELING BACK!!!!!! This last time was a crash section so I was put totally out and they were able to keep me out the whole time they pieced me back together (at least an hour and a half from the time they pulled DD3 out). That was a relief as I've had other things under general and have FELT what was going on.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

#433 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
I know a woman who nursed her baby while being stitched up after her c-section... it was a planned section and she made sure the surgeon and everyone else knew ahead of time that this was what she wanted. I'm going to talk to my ob about this next week. Before hearing this, it never occurred to me that it would be possible to do this before speaking with her.

The hospital where I'll deliver (the same one where this other woman had her baby) is quite progressive. For both of my other two kids I was never separated from them at all, my dh was with me for the entire duration of all procedures (spinal/epidural included) and I was nursing both of my kids within 45 minutes of their births. The hospital also has automatic rooming-in for the baby (unless there is something wrong) and provides extra cots in private rooms allow for husbands/family/other support people to stay for the duration of the mother's hospital stay... I had assumed all of this was fairly standard, but after reading other peoples' experiences I feel quite lucky.
This was our experience too facility wise - and I feel so fortunate as well. I totally attribute our great start to nursing to the fact that we were able to stay close and bond right away. I'm curious as to whether my ob would allow the immediate feeding . . . . something to keep in mind.

Me 27, DH 29, Little E. 02/01/2007 and Baby N. 04/18/2010
#434 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercrest79 View Post
Oh my gosh! I'm not the only one! I have that too. Very high resistance to anesthetia, drugs, etc. My first c-sec was torture, I felt EVERYTHING on the inside. The second one I started feeling on the skin first just after they pulled DD2 out and the nurse anesthetist was telling the dr YOU BETTER HURRY UP SHE IS GETTING FEELING BACK!!!!!! This last time was a crash section so I was put totally out and they were able to keep me out the whole time they pieced me back together (at least an hour and a half from the time they pulled DD3 out). That was a relief as I've had other things under general and have FELT what was going on.
My first was terrible too, I felt everything and even kicked all their tools off my legs etc... They tried to knock me out but everytime she started to put the mask on me I would start to feel like I was going to throw up and they didnt want that so she (the anesthesiologist) talked me through it and yelled at the Dr.s to hurry up because I was feeling it all. When it was over they were trying to move me to a different bed to wheel me out and I just stood up and walked over to it, you would have thought I levitated my way there if you could have seen the faces of the nurses and whomever else was in there. I actually didnt realize just how terrible it was until I had my second with a halfway functioning spinal (after three epidurals that didnt take) and I then understood what they meant by feeling a little tugging and pressure. I mean we knew my first was horrible and that I felt everything but when i realized how relatively painless it really is, well it just really upset me. Maggie, my third required two spinals, the first wore off before they were able to begin (within minutes) and the second wore off while they were sewing me up. It is a very strange and weird thing. I cant believe you have this too. Im really sorry that you do. Im nervous about this baby we are trying for now, mainly because we moved out of state and I finally broke in those other Doctors and they believe me now. I think I will have them write a letter or something so I dont have to deal with the "thats just not possible" comments.

Silvercrest: Does novacaine work on you at the dentist? It doesnt work on me or if it does it is like 15 minutes AFTER the procedure. I am so afraid to go to the dentist it is ridiculous!!!!
#435 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 11:24 AM

Huh. In the baby factory hospital where I had my first and third cesareans, the standard procedure is that dad holds the baby while mom is sewn up. And then you get the baby in recovery and baby never leaves your side from that point on if you like. A lot of this stuff is hospital procedure and will vary from hospital to hospital. Your OB is NOT the one who can help you with this stuff. The person who runs the OR and decides who is there and who is not is the anesthesiologist. The person who decides what protocols the baby has to follow is the charge nurse. If you can talk to those people ahead of time it can make for a much more pleasant experience.

I had my third section in October and it was best in term of the actual procedure. It was my first planned section. I talked to the anesthesiologist for almost half an hour before the surgery about what I wanted and didn't want. My hospital routinely gives moms a sedative during the stitching portion and I did NOT want that. I wanted to be as alert and awake as possible. The epidural/spinal meds tend to make me nauseous and also to lower my blood pressure. We talked about this and the anesthesiologist was able to adjust my meds to make this not happen. Lastly, I get a VERY strong itching reaction to the morphine that is often used for long acting pain relief post-cesarean and we talked about ways to deal with that. Having that conversation made me feel much more in control about the whole process.

Since I knew I was having a cesarean and since I knew my baby would go to the NICU, I hired a doula. She came in when DH and the baby went to the NICU. That way I wasn't alone during the looonnnggg stitching up part and wasn't alone inrecovery. She also got me a pump while I was in recovery so that I wa able to start pumping within 2 hours of my delivery. If you anticipate any complications with baby or a NICU stay I really, really, really recommend getting a doula or having someone else close there that can help you out in those first hours post-op. (My hospital is VERY busy and you can sometimes be in recovery for hours waiting for a post-partum room. It sucks, but they have the best NICU in the area and thats why we chose it.)

My hospital also gives a "Cesarean Prep Class" for those planning a cesarean for whatever reason. For me, its helpful to know ahead of time what things will happen and where. Again, it adds to my sense of control. Also, talk to people who have had cesareans in YOUR hospital since policies vary so much from facility to facility. I found that my local LLL actually had a good idea about what went on in the hospital and were able to recommend people to talk to and how to work the system there.

Anyway, a lot of things that are not typical can be requested if you talk to the right people. But I would have a very short list of what things are REALLY important to you. Its easier to fight for a couple requests as opposed to a whole laundry list of things that are not standard protocol.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#436 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello Mamas - I'm so thankful that all of you are here. I'm 12 weeks along an unplanned pregnancy after two c/s. During my last section, my doc. noticed that scar tissue had adhered my uterus to my abdominal wall. (I'm so glad I didn't VBAC!) Anyway, didn't know if this is a common thing or whether I should freak out (like I am now) about it. My doc had said to me after surgery that if I had any other abdominal surgeries I'd need a special incision. At the time I thought, I'll have to remember that if I'm rushed away for an emergency appendectomy.... but now I'm living in another country with a baby due in August.

Thanks for any info!!
#437 of 1132 Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intorainbowz View Post
Weird, at my hospital, they never attempted to separate DH and I. He was there the whole time, spinal and all. I would have really fought to have him there. They had DH go around the table to hold my hands and help me stay still. They had him give me a big bear hug and hold me tight.... The spinal was when I got very scared, and his big brown eyes really calmed me down.

The prep nurse wanted me to take my contacts out, but the anteh.. had no problems with that.

I did not go to recovery, I went straight back to my room.
Same here but then we delivered at the same hospital. I didn't have problems leaving my contacts in but then we arrived at the hospital in a major hurry and didn't have my glasses so that may be why they were willing to let me go with my contacts in.
#438 of 1132 Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 AM

Hi-
I'm joining the tread. I am 3 years post c/s and u/r after 12 hours of being fully dialated (6 hours un-medicated at home) with a 10 lb baby who had his head cocked to the side. He was my 1st.
We are being to start to talk about having another, all our friends are on #2, and I have loss over knowing that if I did get pregnant - no birth tub, no mid-wives, and off we go to the hospital.
does any know of an OB in the Seattle area?
Thanks so much.
#439 of 1132 Old 02-21-2007, 11:16 AM

Thanks for this great thread!
I had my DS via csection 3 months ago. We were using a stand-alone birth center but they transfered me to the hospital after I failed to progress past 6 cm after 36 hours of labor. Even after I was maxed out on pit at the hospital I couldn't get past 6 I still have a lot of emotional issues with the fact that I wound up doing everything that I swore I wouldn't do (hospital, pit, epidural, csection) but I'm working on those feelings.

Luckily, a doula who works with the birth center came with us and was a huge help, especialy since we knew nothing about the hospital. She stayed with me in the OR while DH went with DS while they checked him over. From the moment the dr. pulled him out, DH was right at his side. DH also rushed the nurses a bit so that he could bring DS to me ASAP. I was nursing him within 45 minutes of his being born.

If we wind up having to do a section for baby #2, I will plan better and have them hold off on the routine tests, etc. so that I can hold the baby sooner. It was so difficult to see Ben's hand waving from the warmer and hearing him cry but not be able to touch him!

Julie

Julie - Wife to Louis, Mamma to Ben (11/06) and 2
#440 of 1132 Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1014 View Post
I still have a lot of emotional issues with the fact that I wound up doing everything that I swore I wouldn't do (hospital, pit, epidural, csection) but I'm working on those feelings.
I totally know how you feel - last night I had a total breakdown. DH did say one thing that somewhat helped . . . so if it helps at all . .. He said that basically, you planned on going one route to the store and there was construction or the road was closed for whatever reason. So you take a different route. In the end you get to the same destination. You are a mother, a good one, and you have the same result that any mother who births naturally does.

Regardless of how upset I am about the alternative route, I am a mother and I made decisions based on what was important for my child's health. You did the same. I really hope that you are able to find peace with it all Julie. I know it will be taking me a while. Big s to you all!

Me 27, DH 29, Little E. 02/01/2007 and Baby N. 04/18/2010
#441 of 1132 Old 02-21-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0dernist View Post
you planned on going one route to the store and there was construction or the road was closed for whatever reason. So you take a different route. In the end you get to the same destination. You are a mother, a good one, and you have the same result that any mother who births naturally does.
What a great way of putting it! Thank your husband for me!

Julie - Wife to Louis, Mamma to Ben (11/06) and 2
#442 of 1132 Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM

I have 5 children and all but 1 (my second child) were c-sections.
#443 of 1132 Old 02-23-2007, 03:09 PM

Oh, thanks for making this tribe!!! Unfortunatly, I belong here. I've had 3 cesarean births.

#1 typical induce with AROM and pit, failure to progress, cesarean birth

#2 planned to VBAC, but after waiting 12 days after my correct due date with a breech baby who weighed 9 lb 14 oz, I still had not gone into labor. Biophysical suggested he was postdates, so I had another cesarean birth. He was in fact a post-dates baby.

#3 planned another VBAC. Midwife turned breech baby at 38 weeks. Went into labor shortly after my "due date". Labored naturally for 60 hours (54 hours at home).... My DD never dropped. Cesarean birth revealed the cord was wrapped around her body 3 or 4 times.

The thing is, I'm still a HUGE supporter of natural birth. It's just that my experience has taught me that in some cases, cesarean birth is the way to go. I recently became a student doula. I LOVE it!!! My first client wanted a VBAC.... and got it!!!! I still get teary eyed just thinking about it. You know, the birth experience is about making informed and safe decisions. That's what makes a birth empowering. So anyone who is mourning the loss of your ideal birth....that's okay. I've certainly done my share! But when it comes down to it, knowing you made the best possible decisions for yourself and baby is what counts.... that was the goal in the first place. Unless another surprise baby comes along, my days of giving birth is over. And yes, I did give birth. No one else could have given birth to my children. So while I'll never personally experience my dream birth, I can be confident that I made the right choices with my second and third child. I'm glad that I live in a time and country where when medically necessary, cesarean birth is an available option. So now, I'll just live vicarously through other VBAC mommas.
#444 of 1132 Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome CMcC

My first DD was like your third DD. After 32 hours they finally did the section only to find she had the cord around her chest under her armpits twice, and around her neck once. That would explain why when my contrax got REALLY strong my belly moved UP instead of down.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

#445 of 1132 Old 02-23-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Don't forget to put the c-section ribbon in your siggys if you have room!!! We need to stand up and be counted!

#446 of 1132 Old 02-25-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Don't forget to put the c-section ribbon in your siggys if you have room!!! We need to stand up and be counted!
Which ribbon is the c-section one? I notice that you have two in your signature...
#447 of 1132 Old 02-25-2007, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
Which ribbon is the c-section one? I notice that you have two in your signature...
The upside down ribbon. If you hold your mouse over all but one of the ribbons on the smilie page, a line of text will appear and tell you what they mean.

#448 of 1132 Old 02-25-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
The upside down ribbon. If you hold your mouse over all but one of the ribbons on the smilie page, a line of text will appear and tell you what they mean.
thanks! I was wondering how everyone knew what the ribbons represented...

~Liz
#449 of 1132 Old 03-04-2007, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

So who all is planning on having more babies?

#450 of 1132 Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Me! Me! We are planning to have at least one more child. Currently we have three great kids, but would love to get to have more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page