All children by C-section tribe )_( - Page 38 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1111 of 1132 Old 09-19-2009, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
Louisianamomma-that is cool. I'd say having no support system and recovering from major surgery were probably the biggest contributing factors in your slowed healing. I have a large support system in place so that of course aids in my recovery period.

Will things be the same this time? Will you have some support, gosh taking care of 2 young children and a newborn plus a c/s sounds extremely difficult. I hope that you can have some help.
I am also having my tubligation done at the same time.Yes, DH will be here for the birth & we live fairly close to the In-laws. So they will probably help with the older 2 children while DH is @ work. DD will be in school so that will also help me out.

Christie SAHM to DD~10/03, DS~4/06, & ~3/09 &
Arrived 1-14-10
#1112 of 1132 Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 PM

Hi ladies,

I have had two csections. First one was emergency after big time decels and after labor (which was other wise wonderful) stalled at 9cm for many many hours. After trying all things possible it was clear that the OR was the way to go. So glad that my son was fine and healthy. No problems with that csection other than normal recovery.

Four years later I had another csection. We were planning VBAC but we were having issues with really unstable lies = going from breech to transverse, etc..
We decided to go planned csection because of the high risk of cord prolapse etc.. I had a midwife and ob team and it was a great birth totally accomodating to what I wanted it to be. It was great birth wise however my csection was complicated due to adhesions and varicosities (varicose veins) in my uterus. It was apparently a REAL mess in there. It took about 45 minutes to get to the baby because they were being really careful.
My doctor said that pretty much that was one csection he would never forget. LOVELY - such is my freaking luck Baby came out perfect, no problems for her. I was a bit of a mess afterwards due to the blood loss and required two units of blood on a transfusion that had to happen two days after the csection. While the birth was fine... the days after the birth were hell with the transfusion, the horrible pain I was in due to the extra work they had to do etc.. then I landed postpartum depression. OMG I was sure I was dying pretty much and I was totally traumatized. Plus when you are really weak from blood loss it feels like you are out of breath etc.. between that and the post partum anxiety it was just a mess. I got on zoloft after I tried everything natural and after I finally figured out that it had to be post partum and after that it went great.

My doctor told me that they carefully repaired and used sepra film and that for sure I would want to plan any future csections and not do a trial of labor like we were planning before. He was totally on board with vbac and has high rates of success but after what they saw in there they were very glad we had decided on the csection especially with the unstable lies we had going on which could have put us into an emergency. He said had we gone into an emergency it would have been really ugly and we would have lost the baby cause they would not have been able to get the baby out in time.

Anwyay... now I am getting close to two years later and I am starting to think about TTC again. I guess my question is if you have had 3 or more cesctions is it possible that the next one will be better? I have told my DH that there is NO way that I will TTC unless I get in tip top shape first. I was not in shape on my last csection and I am sure that did not help me any. I am currently working out with a trainer and dropping weight and getting strong so we will see.

Have any of you had any similar circumstances? I remember clearly asking the OB if we had to be done having kids and he said no but that we would want to plan the csection from the get go. He said my uterus was in great shape it was just the mess of adhesions that had grown varicosse veins in there that was the problem. I went for a check up a few months ago and he said that he would look at the notes and his thought would be to maybe do a classical incision on the uterus this time instead of a low one to avoid the scar area athough he said the repair could make things easier next time around.

Anyway that is my novel... In theory I would like one more child and to tie my tubes then but in reality I am not sure that I will be brave enough to get into an OR again. I guess the whole thing got me really traumatized. My DH does not see it quite as scary as I do and we will for sure talk to the doctor again but I wanted to see if anybody else has had similar circumstances.

So glad that this tribe is here. I wish we had a little space in mothering because it was hard to find any kind of support place that was natural parenting & csection.

Thanks ladies!
#1113 of 1132 Old 09-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Is anyone else finding it very hard to post in their DDC at this point? I am. It seems that everyone on this site wants the perfect birth and to me having my baby come in to the world healthy is all I want. I hate being made to feel guilty for having a planned c-sect. I really counted on trying for a VBA2C but it just wasn't in the cards for us this time. But I don't have remorse over it and never will. I know things will be fine.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#1114 of 1132 Old 09-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
Is anyone else finding it very hard to post in their DDC at this point? I am. It seems that everyone on this site wants the perfect birth and to me having my baby come in to the world healthy is all I want. I hate being made to feel guilty for having a planned c-sect. I really counted on trying for a VBA2C but it just wasn't in the cards for us this time. But I don't have remorse over it and never will. I know things will be fine.
Not so much with the DDC, but my REAL LIFE oh yeah. I just went to a wedding and I knew about 1/2 the people there. Obviously I am pretty pregnant(although many people were surprised that the babe is due to come out in 11 days)-I must not be as huge as I feel. Anyway most people we tell are understanding, but then you get those who you can tell that they just don't. I have had a few conversations with some of the mamas around here who have home-birthed and I can just tell they honestly don't believe me(or maybe I'm reading into it-not sure, it feels like disbelief). I have a T-incision and it is just not an ok thing to have happen, with DD she was so stuck in the birth canal with her little head(actually BIG) sideways that she just could not descend even with 3 hours of pushing. So the c/s was the only was, plus my uterus fatiguing and starting to not contract, uh yeah sh** hit the fan so to say. When talking with my SIL who has fought often to have VBACs she knew exactly what I was talking about-it has been written in all of her info that if she has had a T-incision that a VBAC is not an option, it's a pretty dangerous cut to have, and to have HARD contractions is very dangerous in the chance of rupture. So she understands, and with our family has explained it family members who don't, but when it comes to people in public it is a different story, some get it, some don't. I live in an especially crunchy community and so many women have home-birthed, which honestly is more my style, but I also want my baby and myself to be healthy and safe, so I have my route I need to take. People don't need to understand my reasons-because they are MY reasons. I am a bit defensive of my situation as I have mentioned before the local midwife totally insulted me saying the only reason I had my first c/s was purely due to fear, but the thing was she knew nothing of my birth or what had happened, she was just fresh out of school and gung-ho, so her opinion was just that her opinion. She changed her tune when her best friend had a very similar situation arise at her hb, and was rushed via ambulance to our local hospital where she had an emergency c/s. I don't think she holds the same attitude now, I think she realizes there are true emergencies, and I did have one.

Sorry about the novel, I just get so annoyed when people give me that look when I say I'm having a c/s, like I'm super uneducated and know nothing. Yeah I KNOW that a vaginal birth is safer, but when you are told that your internal incision has a high possibility of rupture and it could cause you and your baby serious harm, you kinda have to factor that into a decision to have another child-it isn't always about a cut-happy OB, there are many times where it is in the best interest of you and your baby. Ok vent over.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#1115 of 1132 Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Sorry about the novel, I just get so annoyed when people give me that look when I say I'm having a c/s, like I'm super uneducated and know nothing. Yeah I KNOW that a vaginal birth is safer, but when you are told that your internal incision has a high possibility of rupture and it could cause you and your baby serious harm, you kinda have to factor that into a decision to have another child-it isn't always about a cut-happy OB, there are many times where it is in the best interest of you and your baby. Ok vent over.
I'm sorry. I totally agree.

I just had my sweet little girl last week via scheduled c-sect. I'd hoped to try for a VBA2C but never went in to labor on my own. This was best. It was all very strange as this was my first real time going in without being in labor first. It was so weird. So many questions...so much paper work, ugh. After the initial problems with getting my anesthesia started before surgery things went okay. I was to get a spinal but it didn't work (after they tried to get it to work - for way too long IMO) so they ended up using an epidural for the surgery. My back was very sore post partum due to that but thats gone now. Our little girl made it here perfect and that's all that matters. We are so thrilled!

#1116 of 1132 Old 09-29-2009, 09:32 AM

Congratulations darcytrue!

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#1117 of 1132 Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM

Barcino- I just wanted to offer my experience. With my 3rd c-section, I had a "window" and the section was really rough, my OB said we should never have anymore children, that the small area she has to cut in (between the bladder and some vessels) was too small (she used the vacuum to get my son out), etc. She was really freaked out by my c-section, and also said she would never forget it. She moved away, I found a new GYN for regular care, and he reviewed my records and said he thought I could safely have one more, so long as I scheduled the section, and didn't labor at all.

I did have that fourth child, and at the section my uterus was thin, but no window, my new OB closed me very carefully, and said he could support me if I wanted another someday.

I just had my 5th 3 weeks ago, everyone in the OR was SHOCKED at the state of my uterus, it looked like the uterus of someone on their second c-section, the surgery took all of half an hour, it was amazing! I could totally have another baby if I wanted to.

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#1118 of 1132 Old 09-29-2009, 04:16 PM

First Congrats darcytrue-I hope that all is going well for you and your family.

I am a bit under 24 hours until my c/s, I am bit nervous, but mostly just anxious to meet our baby. I have been exhausted and just trying to get all the stuff done that needs to be done(which is basically nothing). Tomorrow am we go in at 5:30 and we'll be in surgery at 7:30. I will post my details of things later, but I am feeling pretty good about everything.

#1119 of 1132 Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
First Congrats darcytrue-I hope that all is going well for you and your family.

I am a bit under 24 hours until my c/s, I am bit nervous, but mostly just anxious to meet our baby. I have been exhausted and just trying to get all the stuff done that needs to be done(which is basically nothing). Tomorrow am we go in at 5:30 and we'll be in surgery at 7:30. I will post my details of things later, but I am feeling pretty good about everything.
Thanks! I'm so excited for you. I hope all goes well and you recover well.

#1120 of 1132 Old 09-30-2009, 02:33 PM

Ok, here I am! Number 3 due in May. I'd do almost anything to change it but it'll be a c-section. My third.

I hate that there is no good place on MDC to post.

So, anyway... hi!
#1121 of 1132 Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCrystal View Post
Ok, here I am! Number 3 due in May. I'd do almost anything to change it but it'll be a c-section. My third.

I hate that there is no good place on MDC to post.

So, anyway... hi!
Welcome and congrats! And I agree. It's not always a good thing to discuss a repeat c-sect or any c-sect on these boards for some reason.

#1122 of 1132 Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM

We have a beautiful baby boy born via a wonderful zen c/s, it was a great experience in the grand scheme of things. My little hospital is the most wonderful hospital to have a baby in. They were so great.

We are so very proud his name is Owen Anthony, he was 8lbs 9oz and 20.5 inches, born on Sept. 30, 2009 at 7:58am. He is fatter and shorter than his sister was. We are doing great, I was discharged 30 hours after my surgery, due to my amazingly fast healing body. I am not the norm according to pretty much everyone in the hospital. My pain is minimal, breastfeeding is going well and we are settling in well as a family.

It was a vastly different experience from DD's emergency c/s, it was very peaceful and Dave the anesthesiologist was so awesome and told me so much of what was actually happening to me. We have beautiful pictures of our son's birth and in whole it was a beautiful experience.

#1123 of 1132 Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM

We only have one child (and are done), but she was born via c-sect. She was a big baby (9#1oz), and was born a week early after a failed induction due to pre-eclampsia. My dad's mother died when he was 5, at 9 months pregnant with what would have been her 3rd child, due to eclampsia, so it's not something my dr. wanted to take chances with. I had a pretty rough c-sect. (my spinal didn't "complete", so I felt - as in, white-hot, searing pain - my incision), but my recovery was fairly easy, and DD was (and is) healthy, happy and perfect, which is all that matters.

Anne wife to Phil & mama to Katie
Velvet Blue ::: Seattle Baby/Child/Family Portraits
#1124 of 1132 Old 10-04-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
We have a beautiful baby boy born via a wonderful zen c/s, it was a great experience in the grand scheme of things. My little hospital is the most wonderful hospital to have a baby in. They were so great.

We are so very proud his name is Owen Anthony, he was 8lbs 9oz and 20.5 inches, born on Sept. 30, 2009 at 7:58am. He is fatter and shorter than his sister was. We are doing great, I was discharged 30 hours after my surgery, due to my amazingly fast healing body. I am not the norm according to pretty much everyone in the hospital. My pain is minimal, breastfeeding is going well and we are settling in well as a family.

It was a vastly different experience from DD's emergency c/s, it was very peaceful and Dave the anesthesiologist was so awesome and told me so much of what was actually happening to me. We have beautiful pictures of our son's birth and in whole it was a beautiful experience.
congratulations!! Wow, only 30 hours in the hospital. I was there for 3 days which I believe is the norm for our hospital. I enjoyed everyone waiting on me and meals being brought to me.

#1125 of 1132 Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 AM

Just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well.

#1126 of 1132 Old 01-01-2011, 09:44 AM

I moved to Indiana May of last year, and my youngest is only 10 months old now and I'm 3 months along with baby #3, although my OB won't support my wishes to VBAC she did support and was completely willing to let me have as many children as I can! She told me she had a patient that had 10 babies, yes you read that correctly TEN babies by c-section! she did have bladder injuries with babies #7-10 but In the end Everyone was happy and healthy! Just figured I'd share that! If you wish to have more babies you have to keep fighting! I too am still fighting for my VBA2C, she said if my last baby had been at least a year old at conception she may have considered it, but Hopefully we'll be living back home in MI soon and I can find a supporting OB! Good luck and God bless!

#1127 of 1132 Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Hope to spur some activity in this group again.  My three have all been CS although I planned homebirth with all.  It's extremely difficult to get support in Illinois for VBAMC.  I'm coming to peace with actually scheduling a C/S with my 4th--due May 3rd.  I've interviewed many OBs who came recommended as VBAC friendly.  Most were more than an hour away.  Not a problem, but none would support VBA3C.  I settled on an OB near my office who actually considered my VBAC circumstances and didn't just rule it out based on the number of C/S.  He will let me go into labor rather than scheduling too--certainly rare.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#1128 of 1132 Old 01-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharts3367 View Post

I too am still fighting for my VBA2C

Keep fighting!  It gets way more difficult trying to find support for VBA3C.  The only reason for my third C/S was that my midwife dropped me after I was 10 days late and I had no alternative but to present to the hospital or go unsupported.  I wish I would have pushed her more to be patient--I think she would have.  I wish I had been more patient.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#1129 of 1132 Old 01-02-2011, 11:56 PM

To OP, I delivered my first vaginally, but was in such a "zone" that most of it is erased from my memory. In fact, I haven't thought about it since my now second pregnancy, since I'm anticipating another birth of course. Though vaginal birth is an amazing thing to contemplate, on an intellectual level (or "wow, life and biology are so amazing" kind of way), it wasn't particularly bonding. Most of that birth awe is attributable to making a person, realizing that a whole other being grows in and enters the world through you. I still remember looking at my newborn on my belly, who was crawling towards my breast, as some kind of alien being. It's surreal, but not a necessary experience. I was still outside of it all somehow. All the real bonding parts happen through the years as you parent your child.

#1130 of 1132 Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pregnant@40 View Post

Most of that birth awe is attributable to making a person, realizing that a whole other being grows in and enters the world through you.

That depends on the person. My children didn't enter the world through me (except in a very literal sense, I guess - they came right through my abdominal wall). They entered this world through the efforts of a whole team of surgical experts. I had nothing to do with it, and I have no idea what birth awe feels like, in any way. My only awe about the process is that I got through the fifth one without (quite) going off the deep end.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#1131 of 1132 Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM

I was referring to the whole process of conception and watching the baby grow inside of you, not to the actual birthing experience. To undergo 9 months of pregnancy and then have a whole person at the end is amazing. For me personally, the vaginal birth thing was a blur, for I honestly don't remember but a couple of random moments, and those were far from glamorous or meaningful (maybe biology wipes out some of the memory as a form of pain control, who knows). So what I was trying to say is that those who undergo C-section still experience the best parts (ie. child rearing & pregnancy)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Quote:

Most of that birth awe is attributable to making a person, realizing that a whole other being grows in and enters the world through you.

That depends on the person. My children didn't enter the world through me (except in a very literal sense, I guess - they came right through my abdominal wall). They entered this world through the efforts of a whole team of surgical experts. I had nothing to do with it, and I have no idea what birth awe feels like, in any way. My only awe about the process is that I got through the fifth one without (quite) going off the deep end.

#1132 of 1132 Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 AM

We'll have to agree to disagree,

Quote:

I was referring to the whole process of conception and watching the baby grow inside of you, not to the actual birthing experience. To undergo 9 months of pregnancy and then have a whole person at the end is amazing. For me personally, the vaginal birth thing was a blur, for I honestly don't remember but a couple of random moments, and those were far from glamorous or meaningful (maybe biology wipes out some of the memory as a form of pain control, who knows). So what I was trying to say is that those who undergo C-section still experience the best parts (ie. child rearing & pregnancy)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post

Quote:

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page