cheap postpartum underwear-where to get? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, white cotton ( or whatever colour) that are cheap enough to be thrown away after use and cut big enough to take huge night pads but not those extra big underpants for the elderly that would also cover all of my flobby postpartum belly in the heat...?!

Looked at Kohls to no avail...

Where did you get yours?
#2 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
not sure where you are, but i just found some disposable ones at Ingles (grocery store) maybe check a medical supply store?

good luck!!
s
#3 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlwieber
not sure where you are, but i just found some disposable ones at Ingles (grocery store) maybe check a medical supply store?

good luck!!
s
will search....didn't know they sold disposable underwear
#4 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I still have the box I bought..didnt use them like I thought I would. too bad you dont live close to me!!
#5 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Do a search for those mesh panties they give out in the hospital (they're disposable, but not made of paper). They are oh so stylish (NOT), but they ARE very comfortable!!!! I only needed big huge pads for about the first day or two. I think I wore regular overnight pads the 3rd day (with the mesh panties still), then I switched to regular undies and regular pads. I was actually surprised at how little bleeding occurs after the first few days. I mean, you bleed for weeks, but it's more like regular AF bleeding, at least for me it was.

The hospital panties came in a package of ice pack pads, and those were really nice too - felt really good. Very bulky, but felt good. Again though, they were only needed for a couple days really. Maybe you might want the ice pads longer if you have a big tear (I had a first degree tear that got stitches).

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#6 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 05:33 PM

How cheap? Wallmart, Goodwill, Sears, Target, eBay, your old ones that are on their way out...
#7 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 05:46 PM

After I had DS, I just used some black granny panty style underware. I think it might have been Hanes from Target?

I recommend black over white if you are going to buy new ones. They worked out well and were still wearable and didn't show any staining afterward.

I'll probably buy some more this time around (not sure what happened to the ones from last time ). They were very comfy and accomodated overnight type pads. I think I sized up one size from my pre pregnancy size.
#8 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregongirlie
How cheap? Wallmart, Goodwill, Sears, Target, eBay, your old ones that are on their way out...
There's nothing its way out...unfortunately!
#9 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilcrunchie
After I had DS, I just used some black granny panty style underware. I think it might have been Hanes from Target?

I recommend black over white if you are going to buy new ones. They worked out well and were still wearable and didn't show any staining afterward.

I'll probably buy some more this time around (not sure what happened to the ones from last time ). They were very comfy and accomodated overnight type pads. I think I sized up one size from my pre pregnancy size.
hanes sounds good....and yes, black does make more sense

Which style did you get?

http://tinyurl.com/j4yvm
#10 of 14 Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 PM

inhishands.com sells mesh panties...

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
#11 of 14 Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 PM

I save up my oldest, grossest period underwear and use it postpartum. I just throw them out during the first few days after the day of use since they are garbage by that point anyways. After the PP bleeding has stopped completely I treat myself to new underwear since I know I'll be period free for a while.
#12 of 14 Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Target this week has either hanes or fruit of the loom on sale for $5.69 for 6-8 pairs! I bought a package of new ones before birth and since they were nice and snug I never had a leak! I now have a bunch of new cotton period undies (and you can never have too many of those!)
#13 of 14 Old 08-03-2006, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton
Target this week has either hanes or fruit of the loom on sale for $5.69 for 6-8 pairs! I bought a package of new ones before birth and since they were nice and snug I never had a leak! I now have a bunch of new cotton period undies (and you can never have too many of those!)
Got them!

I got the bikini cut, but they look big. The normal high cut seemed like they'd squish my bellly...not something I'll like postpartum. 6 $ for 7 panties!
#14 of 14 Old 08-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
If they look a little big wash them in hot water and then dry them all the way on hot in the dryer - I liked to have them nice and snug for post partum and never had a single mess with my hanes her way! They held my pad in place so that I never had to worry!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page