Uterine or cervical polyp cause complications in labor or delivery? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-13-2006, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I am hoping someone here can help answers some questions. We are planning to homebirth this time, our 3rd child...no complications with first 2. I am 31 weeks along now. I have been having light diluted drops of blood for a few weeks that turned into one liner pad filled with red blood, we immediately got ultrasound done, they thought placenta came unattached a small area. Second ultrasound done 10 days later and new opinions with new ultrasound technician and on-call hospitol DR. say "No, this does not appear to have come unattached" so now we feel that the bleeding is coming from a polyp that is hanging out of my cervix. I have lost mucus plug. My question is, will this polyp cause any complications during labor and delivery or has anyone ever had this strange thing happen to them in pregnancy. I know it's embarrassing but I need help. I would assume there will be bleeding during labor and delivery but would that be all I can expect. Really looking forward to homebirth but don't want to put myself or baby in danger. Thank you for anyone's help.........Monica

User Tag List