Seriously considereing becoming a doula - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2006, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have refinainced our house, for renovations, so have some money coming our way. W/ this money I could take the CBI course, both the doula and CBE. I have been thinking about this since after the birth of my first son in 10/04, but didn't put to much thought into since I had no way in the means of money to do it. But know I do, and I am very excited about were this could lead me.

Right now I work full time M-F. I have been reading alot of post about becoming doulas, so you guys are probably thinking heres another one. But over 800 dollars is a lot of money for me to spend especially if something doesn't pan out.

I know being an active doula wouldn't be ideal right now since I do have a full time job, but I was thinking even one client every two months is doable, plus of course the childeducation courses I could possibley offer on nights or weekends is very doable.

But of course, eventually I would like to grow in the field and make it my #1 career choice, since I really feel a calling towards it.

But as of now we are on a tight budget and could not afford much less then the salary I make now to make ends meet.

For those that do it full time, what is your salary monthy. I know for being a doula that is easy to estimate but it is the child eduction aspect of it is what I am not sure of.

I am so excited about the prospect of it all. If all goes well, I should be starting my training on Monday or Tuesday.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Tag List