"Oh, you went natural?" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
I can't say I was completely unmedicated because I had to get induced with Pitocin (water broke, no labor in 24hrs, yadda yadda yadda...) and opted for a penicillin drip (GBS+). Didn't have any pain relief though. So did I just go semi-natural?
Nope, you went natural in my book!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 06:43 PM

I had a co-worker who, reporting on another co-worker's birth over the weekend said "yeah, she went natural - well, natural with an epidural". So I guess "natural" to her means the baby came out of the vagina - anything and almost everything could happen in between.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 PM

When I told people I wasn't going to use drugs during my first birth, they all gave me the "you'll never be able to do it" crap too. Even my dr said I probably wouldn't be able to do it. Well luckily for me, I am really stubborn, and probably would have "gone natural" just to spite everyone. I didn't have any problems at all, and refused all interventions and dd was born into the bed. This time I'm having a homebirth, and surprisingly all the women that told me I'd never be able to do it before, just think it's awesome that I'm having a homebirth. I haven't once gotten the "you'll be screaming for drugs" line this time.

User Tag List