Getting labour started - Chiropractic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2006, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I am looking if any of you has had any positive(or /negative) experience in chiropractic treatment to help things going.
I do have a trusted chiropractor and I will go see her later on today. She is trained for pregnancy, (inc. webster) and pediatric chiropractic.
I am almost at the 41w mark, trying to do something before they push to induce.
Cervix is soft, 40-50% effaced, 1-2 cm dilated and baby at +2. (About the same as I was last week except that baby came down one station).
On EPO already for a little while (may be why my cervix is soft) and sex has not started anything yet.
Hoping an adjustement can help things going. Any feedback to share?
Thanks

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2006, 07:41 PM

Its like everything else you won't go into labour unless you are ready to go..

But going to the chiro.. Doesn't hurt..

heres my story anyways.. I seen my chiro for my whole pregnancy I was 9 days late and went for my regular visit.. He adjusted a spot a little higher then he usually does.. I told him it was bothering me thinking he wouldn't be able to get it cause of my big round belly.. well anyways he did.. My baby dropped walking towards reception.. I went into labour that night..

so in my story it did help..

Lisa
Old 11-23-2006, 08:04 PM

I agree with Lisa. Going to the chiro is always a good idea.
I don't believe an adjustment will bring on labor but it can bring the baby into a very favorable position for labor & birth which is what holds up some babies.
If I were you I would find an acupuncturist - your chiroprator may have a recommendation. After your adjustment see if you can get accupuncture, stay hydrated, have sex and get some sleep
They can't induce you if you're not there so if they tell you "Be here Monday for your induction" just don't show up. Your caregivers office will call you but you could always say you weren't well or had a family emergency. You will go into labor on your own, trust in that.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 11-24-2006, 03:21 AM

GREAT idea...I say in all honesty i do not believe my child would have come out vaginally had it not been for the work i had done in late pregnancy......did it help me go into labor sooner? eh...prolly not...but I *KNOW* it allowed me to birth my baby!

CPST
Old 11-26-2006, 02:36 AM

I'm 40w and I went today, to a chiro recommended by my doula. The adjustment seems to have had a mixed effect. I definitely feel more limber in my pelvis and lower back now, but I also have had a headache off and on since I left his office.

The massage I got last week had the same positive effects, but didn't give me a headache.

User Tag List