If i were accepting my lifetime acheivement award. . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2006, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
. . . I would have to acknowledge and thank MDC, especially the birth and beyond thread!!

Of course Im not accepting anything, and havent done enough with my life for anything like that. Not that I have goals of awards. But I have to somehow thank this amazing board for not only giving me an education on the birth of my 2nd child,but of myself as a mother, wife, friend and sister!

I came here looking for answers as to WHY my first birth had been out of my control and traumatic. And I came out with an action plan on how to give birth and become a mother for myself and my girls, not for everyone else! I am looking at a lifetime career to follow, in a field I never knew I had a passion for! How lucky and blessed I feel!

I was mainstream, more then i ever realized. Doctors were right, life was peachy and i had to suck it up that I didnt like my first birth like i had envisioned it. Then I came on here and read about homebirths, read the words of these amazing women who birthed their children as their hearts and bodies wanted them to. And i was in awe. Gods do walk among us, i thought!

But that is not the point of this thread i guess. Regardless of how each of us births our babies, mothers our children and lives our lives. We have the opportunity to find a community , a 'tribe' that we identify with. A group of women who help us evolve, grow, and learn to fly. We each have this chance. A rare thing in this day & age of competition, back biting and slander. I remember the days of having to prove my point and being right. Now i just want to grow. I am only responsible for the decisions I make, no others. That I have learned from this board.

So i guess all in all, this is a post to say 'You rock, women (and men) of MDC, keep up the good work'!! Thank you for being that 'village' that our generation of mothers desperately needs!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09

User Tag List