Bizarre bleeding 1 month after c-section? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure where to post this but it's so WEIRD I'm thinking maybe on a board with so many people SOMEBODY would know what the heck is going on with me!

I had a c-section and tubal on Nov.14 and had just about stopped bleeding when I left the hospital. Every time I would pee I would be in pain - but in my uterus (I think). The pain increased until, on Thanksgiving, I lost a mucus plug (SO WEIRD), and the following day I started GUSHING bright red blood, but then it stopped. Since then it seems like every day I have one bleeding episode (though not as dramatic) of bright red blood and pain on my right side that gets better and worse for seemingly no reason.

I know I should probably go to the doctor but this c-section was extremely traumatic for me and I'm terrified of going back to the doctor. Does anyone have any idea what the heck it could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 12:56 AM

Please call your dr right away. Becoming anemic may be the least of your problems. I had complications after my C with similar symptoms & it turned out being a fairly large deal. I too, wouldn't go to the dr till DH came home and found me with a high fever unable to get out of bed. So, please, call your dr.
#3 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
go to the emergency room- I have no idea what might be going on- but you have had major surgery and it could be benign or something serious- find out from someone who knows sooner than later---
#4 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwherbs View Post
go to the emergency room- I have no idea what might be going on- but you have had major surgery and it could be benign or something serious- find out from someone who knows sooner than later---
I am going to head out there in the morning. From what people are telling me this isn't going to go away and could be really serious
#5 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 01:30 AM

This sounds like a retained placenta. It's possible the doctor didn't get all the placenta during the surgery.
#6 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

How do they fix retained placenta? I'm really really scared.
#7 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 AM

IF that's what it is, I believe they basically just have to do a D&C.

Might be something totally different, though. You definitely need to go to the doctor and be examined.
#8 of 8 Old 12-15-2006, 02:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
look I don't want you to be really scared- It is just that these could be symptoms of something serious- maybe infection, retained placenta- stitches not healing right or could be just doing too much like lots of moms who have their bleeding pick up after activity- it is the extra tissue and the GUSHING that is concerning me-- Put it this way if you did not have surgery and you were my client I would have already been over to see you the day of or the day after the first incident--palpated your belly and fundus-- where is your fundus? can you feel it? is it above your pubic bone? if so how far? take your temp, stay hydrated -- write down what you have sent to us and any other symptoms- so you can explain this and be clear--- do you have a good assertive friend who can go with you and ask questions and hear the answers?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page