Nervous about going into labor..... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if anyone can help but I need something....
I'm getting nervous about going into labor. I know it sounds silly. With DS, he was 3 weeks early, my water broke first before any contractions. At least it happened at home. An hour before we were out shopping!
I'm so worried that I won't know if and when I start labor this time. Does that make sense?
I don't know what else to say right now. I'm just so nervous.
Any help? Like I said, I know it's completely silly but I can't help it.

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM

You'll know when you're really in labour, you will. I know I've worried about it too...but you know.

if you're worried about waters breaking pre-labor (happened to me twice, once out in public) 2 things: wear a maxi pad - that saved me from a scene at the bank, and take salmon oil or evening primrose oil to strengthen the bag of waters. but if you're near due it might be too late for that...so use the maxi pad when you're out
#3 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 12:49 PM

I agree... you'll know. It didn't take me long to figure out that I was in labor. It ended up lasting a total of 35 hours, but I "knew" something was up.
#4 of 5 Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 PM

are you nervous that you won't make it to the hospital in time? the best thing to do is stay at home as long as possible anyway, so if you're unsure if you're in labor, just keep livin' life! once your contractions become longer, stronger & closer together you'll know you're in true, active labor & hopefully you're babe will come soon after you get to the hossy!

i felt this way with baby #2, as well. i was a week late & started having diarrhea but no SROM or contractions. somehow i just knew something was happening in my body, though, and i was right! i called my mw & she asked me to come in & get checked out (she was already at the hospital) and i had Baby 2.5 hrs later.

stephanie asl.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If you actually don't realize you're in labor right away that means you get the early part out of the way VERY easily. In time, when your body starts seriously getting into it in active labor, you'll know for sure. I think it would be wonderful to have such an easy labor that you didn't realize it was happening for a while.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page